d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Earth Is Flat > Gods Work
Prev18182838485111Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 14 2016 06:19pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 15 2016 12:45am)
http://www.snopes.com/science/coriolis.asp

Claim: The Coriolis force influences which direction water spirals down drains and toilets in different hemispheres.

The belief that the Coriolis force influences the direction in which water drains from plumbing fixtures is widespread and has been repeated as fact in a number of venues, including popular television shows (such as world traveler Michael Palin's Pole to Pole series) and even in textbooks. It's also been promulgated by any number of hucksters who set up rigged demonstrations along the equator for the amusement of gullible tourists.

Yes. That's what Thor just said. The Coriolis effect has nothing to do with the way toilets flush.
Gold: 40.42
Aug 14 2016 06:20pm
Quote (KublaiKhan @ 14 Aug 2016 16:19)
Yes. That's what Thor just said. The Coriolis effect has nothing to do with the way toilets flush.

Reading is hard. :(
Aug 14 2016 06:21pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Aug 15 2016 01:20am)
Reading is hard. :(

I just don't understand. He is trolling right? It's so hard to tell. Is he trolling or is he mentally ill?
Gold: 40.42
Aug 14 2016 06:23pm
Quote (KublaiKhan @ 14 Aug 2016 16:21)
I just don't understand. He is trolling right? It's so hard to tell. Is he trolling or is he mentally ill?

He's got a slightly below mediocre intellect and desperately wants to think of himself as not just intelligent, but more intelligent than the average person in a way that makes him special. He's not intelligent enough to do that through any kind of actual education, of course, so the next best thing is to believe a bunch of nonsense that no one else agrees with. That way, he can feel smug and superior that he knows the 'truth' and everyone else is just too dumb to come along, thus he's in the upper eschalons instead of having to accept that he's pretty much smack in the middle of the second quartile. :(
Gold: 260.11
Aug 14 2016 06:28pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 14 2016 05:45pm)
http://www.snopes.com/science/coriolis.asp

Claim: The Coriolis force influences which direction water spirals down drains and toilets in different hemispheres.

The belief that the Coriolis force influences the direction in which water drains from plumbing fixtures is widespread and has been repeated as fact in a number of venues, including popular television shows (such as world traveler Michael Palin's Pole to Pole series) and even in textbooks. It's also been promulgated by any number of hucksters who set up rigged demonstrations along the equator for the amusement of gullible tourists.

Yep, but anybody who knows the physics knows it's wrong. Toilets are not a refutation of the coriolis effect.
Gold: 7,271.48
Aug 14 2016 06:46pm
Quote (KublaiKhan @ Aug 14 2016 06:21pm)

Little bit of both.
Aug 14 2016 07:29pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Aug 15 2016 01:23am)
He's got a slightly below mediocre intellect and desperately wants to think of himself as not just intelligent, but more intelligent than the average person in a way that makes him special. He's not intelligent enough to do that through any kind of actual education, of course, so the next best thing is to believe a bunch of nonsense that no one else agrees with. That way, he can feel smug and superior that he knows the 'truth' and everyone else is just too dumb to come along, thus he's in the upper eschalons instead of having to accept that he's pretty much smack in the middle of the second quartile. :(

Sounds about right sadly. Though I didn't realise there were people out there who are legitimately this stupid in first world countries who aren't suffering from some kind of mental illness or disability. It's not just what he believes, it's his complete inability to take in information or understand what other's are saying.
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 14 2016 07:42pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 14 2016 06:35pm)
Coriolis effect is just a myth - it doesn't affect the way toilets flush , the direction of the incoming water does, also you can find lots of example of hurricanes/Cyclones that spin in the opposite direction they should, you just need to look, not have someone tell you.

Aurora Borealis only happens in the North, if it really is sun "energy" interacting with the ball earth's magnetosphere, it should happen the same in the south. I look up the Aurora Australis (Southern Lights) and the first site that comes up was posted this laughable info

THE PROBLEM WITH SEEING THE AURORA:

Let's say two months from now the Aurora is flaring up in your area -- the sky is ablaze with greens, violets and reds -- but instead of watching it, you're home sitting on the couch.

Why? Because you simply didn't know about it.

That's one of the problems with seeing the Aurora. It doesn’t run on a schedule. Often Auroras happen with only 30 minutes warning.

So stupid, you can see the Northern Aurora Borealis from the 45th parallel, but the southern one is just an excuse of why you dont see it - your lazy ass is home - lol.

So why no photo of the entire flat earth - maybe they dont want you to think it's flat - WHY ARE ALL THE PHOTOS OF BALL EARTH JUST COMPOSITES THAT ARE JUST STITCHED TOGETHER AND HEAVILY AIR BRUSHED?

I didn't bring up the Coriolis effect as an example of water draining, and it's not a myth. It is a completely observable phenomenon. What causes the consistently observed prevailing winds on your flat Earth? Why is the Earth consistently warmer near my "so-called equator" on a flat Earth? Because really, how do the central latitudes get more constant sunlight year round on a flat Earth?

I'm not complaining about being able to see it or not. How does it happen on a flat Earth. I already know how it happens in the real world, I want to understand your scientific explanation for how it occurs on a flat Earth.

Lol, the conspiracy! Hiding the truth from you through Herculean efforts that can still somehow be thwarted by amateur budding scientists.
Aug 14 2016 08:11pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 15 2016 12:35am)
WHY ARE ALL THE PHOTOS OF BALL EARTH JUST COMPOSITES THAT ARE JUST STITCHED TOGETHER AND HEAVILY AIR BRUSHED?

Earth from the ISS

Earth from a weatherballoon

Earth from High altitude Aircraft

All composites?
Aug 14 2016 08:15pm
ISS streaming live

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream

All a conspiracy so people can make you think earth is round because then they can... wait why would they want to make you think it's round? What's the benefit?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18182838485111Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll