d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Duffington Post > Bringing You Real News
Prev17980818283533Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Sep 3 2017 03:16pm
Upset with the male dominated misogyny at google an ex-google employee decided to form her own company and hire a shit load of women to fix the gender diversity problem in the tech field.

She admittedly passed on hiring more qualified men in order to hire women for the sake of meeting diversity quotas and was upset when she found at that deciding to hire someone based on what's between their legs just drags down the company's performance and she had to let them go once they started dragging the company down.

i'd like to hear what our resident pardians make of this story :o

https://ageofshitlords.com/female-ceo-hires-lots-women-using-affirmative-action-fires-realizing-diversity-doesnt-improve-performance

Should quality and superior performance be sacrificed for a diverse work force? An-ex Google employee who was concerned with how few women were in tech decided to fix the gender disparity problem by hiring lots of women when she eventually left Google to form her own tech company. Vidya Narayanan, a former Google engineer now says hiring women just for the sake of hiring women hurts the amazing women in tech.

Concerned with how male dominated her department and most of tech was, Vidya decided to hire more women when she eventually left Google to start UrbanAMA, A video ‘ask me anything’ service that she currently owns. Having received job applications from numerous and often more qualified men than women, she decided to hire the less qualified women anyway in order to increase the number of women in her firm.

However, despite her enthusiasm and drive, she eventually had to fire all her female employees after realizing that they were only bringing the firm down. She hadn’t hired them because they were qualified for job, but to fill a diversity quota. All the increase in salaries she implemented to motivate them did no good. Vidya is now back to being the only woman in the company:

We try hard, but again find ourselves with a 98% male candidate pool. You should know that we are an early stage startup that cannot afford market salaries. Despite that, we paid premium salaries to bring a few women who did well in our interviews. But, they lacked the energy to put us into overdrive. Worse, they were starting to drain the energy from the rest of the team. Eventually, we had to do the right thing for the company and let them go. I’m now back to being the only woman on the (tech) team.

She says she isn’t a a gender traitor, just a realist; Men and women tend to gravitate towards different fields and scopes of studies, she realizes that now. In fact, she realized that hiring less qualified women only hurt the few qualified ones. The less qualified women who inevitably led to poor performance only added to the stereotype of women being unqualified for tech work, making it harder for the qualified ones to get hired.

personally i think she ought to circulate a memo based on her experiences

This post was edited by duffman316 on Sep 3 2017 03:17pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 4 2017 10:39pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Sep 3 2017 05:16pm)
Upset with the male dominated misogyny at google an ex-google employee decided to form her own company and hire a shit load of women to fix the gender diversity problem in the tech field.

She admittedly passed on hiring more qualified men in order to hire women for the sake of meeting diversity quotas and was upset when she found at that deciding to hire someone based on what's between their legs just drags down the company's performance and she had to let them go once they started dragging the company down.

https://ageofshitlords.com/female-ceo-hires-lots-women-using-affirmative-action-fires-realizing-diversity-doesnt-improve-performance

ageofshitlords.com :rofl: :rofl:

Gold: 57.00
Sep 6 2017 10:58am
since the (C)linton 2016 thread was mercifully closed, this is probably the best thread for this update on saint hillary Inventor of Politics:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clintons-book-hits-back-people-joe-biden-2-151045744.html

Clinton's book hits back at — of all people — Joe Biden

In her soon-to-be-released 2016 election memoir, Hillary Clinton takes on her numerous enemies and opponents — and supporters, including then-Vice President Joe Biden, who criticized her campaign for its supposed neglect of middle-class voters.

CNN was able to buy an early copy of “What Happened,” Clinton’s firsthand account of her election loss to President Trump, which is scheduled to go on sale next week. In one excerpt cited by the network, Clinton disputes Biden’s critique — citing his own role in her campaign.

“Joe Biden said the Democratic Party in 2016 ‘did not talk about what it always stood for — and that was how to maintain a burgeoning middle class,'” Clinton wrote. “I find this fairly remarkable, considering that Joe himself campaigned for me all over the Midwest and talked plenty about the middle class.”

Biden’s office declined to comment on the jab.

After considering and eventually ruling out running himself, Biden campaigned for Clinton in the general election.

Gold: 285.00
Sep 6 2017 11:01am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Sep 4 2017 11:39pm)
ageofshitlords.com :rofl: :rofl:

:lol:
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Sep 6 2017 11:05am
Quote (duffman316 @ Sep 3 2017 05:46pm)

I have no feelings
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Sep 6 2017 11:57am
Sep 8 2017 10:23am
Parent's were outraged after a feminist author refused to take questions from boys during a Q&A session insisting that she would only take questions from girls, effectively putting to rest the myth that feminism is about gender equality :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4838780/Dad-s-outrage-school-s-guest-speaker-Clementine-Ford.html

Writer and feminism activist Clementine Ford has come under fire after reportedly refusing to answer the questions of young boys when she spoke at a Melbourne high school earlier this year.
The parent of one child in attendance, known only as Darren, claimed to 3AW Ms Ford had refused to take questions from boys at Aquinas College, causing the girls to walk out.
'The ones that turned on her after she treated the boys like c**p, was the girls who got up and left,' he said.
'The boys wanted to ask her questions, and she refused to answer questions from boys. She goes "no no, I'm only taking questions from girls".'

she also revealed the true motives of the feminist agenda as she signed books for her feminist fans
Gold: 40.42
Sep 8 2017 10:30am
I apologize for my use of 'mediocre intellect' yesterday. I forgot to check this thread and realize how much work it would take to crawl up to mediocre.
Sep 8 2017 10:42am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Sep 8 2017 11:30am)
I apologize for my use of 'mediocre intellect' yesterday. I forgot to check this thread and realize how much work it would take to crawl up to mediocre.

it's the return of the depressing train wreck that peaked at 40 as an unemployed failed internet keyboard warrior :o

still seeking the attention of your superiors i see, have you bullied any kids on the internet today to make you feel better about your failure of a life?
Gold: 40.42
Sep 8 2017 10:42am
Quote (duffman316 @ 8 Sep 2017 08:42)
it's the return of the depressing train wreck that peaked at 40 as an unemployed failed internet keyboard warrior :o

still seeking the attention of your superiors i see, have you bullied any kids on the internet today to make you feel better about your failure of a life?

Lol mad
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17980818283533Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll