d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Nord Streams 1 And 2 Gas Pipelines Exploded
Prev1789101127Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 28 2022 12:55pm
Quote (kusotarre1 @ 28 Sep 2022 19:47)
This is very obviously directly contrary to Russian interests, because Russia clearly wants to dangle NS2 in front of Europe as Europe undergoes (as it currently is) your 1 and 2 points.

Now, they can't. That's a core Russian plank now destroyed.

After weaponizing gas shipments through Nord Stream 1, Russia is discredited and proven once and for all as an unreliable supplier. The vague prospect of opening NS again was a much smaller carrot to dangle in front of Europe than you might think. Particularly since doing a public about-face would come with great political cost and risk to any European leader. The course Europe was on prior to the pipelines being blown up is the same one they are still on: "if we can get through the winter without Russian gas and not run into outright gas shortages, then Russia can go fuck itself". The only thing that could shake up this calculus is if LNG terminals or the pipelines from Norway to Europe got taken out.
Gold: 2,602.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 28 2022 01:14pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 28 2022 11:55am)
After weaponizing gas shipments through Nord Stream 1, Russia is discredited and proven once and for all as an unreliable supplier. The vague prospect of opening NS again was a much smaller carrot to dangle in front of Europe than you might think. Particularly since doing a public about-face would come with great political cost and risk to any European leader. The course Europe was on prior to the pipelines being blown up is the same one they are still on: "if we can get through the winter without Russian gas and not run into outright gas shortages, then Russia can go fuck itself". The only thing that could shake up this calculus is if LNG terminals or the pipelines from Norway to Europe got taken out.

That's not how the Russians see it, though, and we're talking about Russia's motivations when we're trying to find some way to pin these attacks on Russia.

Russia wants the sanctions to end and to resume selling gas to Europe without having to worry about their income from those sales being seized. They believe that the pressure will mount internally to Europe and provide an excuse for the US-aligned EU leadership to break with the US and drop at least some parts of the sanctions. In this scenario, the dropping of sanctions doesn't come with a political cost, it comes with a political dividend. Buoying this interpretation is that just two days ago, on the 26th, there were protests in Germany demanding that NS2 be turned back on: https://twitter.com/RadioGenova/status/1574489634071105536 That is in addition to so many major companies and industrial consortiums and lobbying groups begging for NS2 to be turned on.

Russia is/was hoping that this pressure would grow, and as it did the carrot of NS2 would be dangling right in front of Scholz and the other EU pawns.

The fundamental thing to understand here is that being able to turn NS2 on at any time is something that Russia (and anyone being objective) sees as a strong piece of leverage for Russia. Now that the pipelines are rendered inoperable for long periods of time if not forever, that leverage is gone.

So from Russia's standpoint, before the bombings they had leverage heading into winter, after the bombings they do not.

Have to reiterate that I feel even having to lay this out is astounding. It so obviously benefits America, matches America's prior actions and lines up with contemporaneous American military action in the area that anyone suggesting it wasn't America should be laughed at, but instead this forum is trying to find the most bizarre, reaching cope. For what? It's not like it matters that America did it lol

This post was edited by kusotarre1 on Sep 28 2022 01:15pm
Gold: 37.45
Warn: 40%
Sep 28 2022 01:23pm
Quote (kusotarre1 @ Sep 28 2022 09:14pm)
Have to reiterate that I feel even having to lay this out is astounding. It so obviously benefits America, matches America's prior actions and lines up with contemporaneous American military action in the area that anyone suggesting it wasn't America should be laughed at, but instead this forum is trying to find the most bizarre, reaching cope. For what? It's not like it matters that America did it lol

You can't fight with cognitive dissonance m8. thanks for your posts tho

This post was edited by Melatonina on Sep 28 2022 01:23pm
Sep 28 2022 01:35pm
Quote (Melatonina @ Sep 28 2022 12:23pm)
You can't fight with cognitive dissonance m8. thanks for your posts tho

Thanks.

It's weird because this isn't some bigbrained conspiracy theory like "Bush did 9/11" this is just a thing we know happened by the use of bombs, right as the US military was in the area testing "mine removal" unmanned submersibles, after literally a decade of opposing NS2, right as we head into a winter where the EU is seeing it's industries already relocating to America due to energy costs, right as pressure starts to grind upwards from people and industrial lobbies with high energy bills.

To look at that and be like "okay, but what about this 7D chess game I imagine Putin deploying to get around the fact that this hurts Russia's leverage?" is... You can see why American schools have the reputation they do internationally.

This post was edited by kusotarre1 on Sep 28 2022 01:35pm
Gold: 3.00
Sep 28 2022 01:42pm
Quote (kusotarre1 @ Sep 28 2022 10:35pm)
Thanks.

It's weird because this isn't some bigbrained conspiracy theory like "Bush did 9/11" this is just a thing we know happened by the use of bombs, right as the US military was in the area testing "mine removal" unmanned submersibles, after literally a decade of opposing NS2, right as we head into a winter where the EU is seeing it's industries already relocating to America due to energy costs, right as pressure starts to grind upwards from people and industrial lobbies with high energy bills.

To look at that and be like "okay, but what about this 7D chess game I imagine Putin deploying to get around the fact that this hurts Russia's leverage?" is... You can see why American schools have the reputation they do internationally.

What will you Russians do about it LOL? How will you ever prove this xD? No proof no case as far as anyone who isn't a Russian shill like yourself is concerned.

Sep 28 2022 01:45pm
Quote (kusotarre1 @ Sep 28 2022 09:35pm)
Thanks.

Indeed XD
See the dummy above here
Sep 28 2022 01:51pm
Quote (Melatonina @ Sep 28 2022 12:45pm)
Indeed XD
See the dummy above here

He's just some troll who got banned a couple months ago for scamming. Made a new account a week later and started off sillier but is slowly getting bored with the persona he was trying to create and is slowly morphing back into Lvivz. Not long before he starts posting Telegram gore, again.

I mean, I could post the picture of the Ukrainian Nazi stewing a human head in a pot while doing the salt bae pose over it, but I won't.
Sep 28 2022 01:54pm
Quote (kusotarre1 @ Sep 28 2022 10:51pm)
He's just some troll who got banned a couple months ago for scamming. Made a new account a week later and started off sillier but is slowly getting bored with the persona he was trying to create and is slowly morphing back into Lvivz. Not long before he starts posting Telegram gore, again.

I mean, I could post the picture of the Ukrainian Nazi stewing a human head in a pot while doing the salt bae pose over it, but I won't.

Any proof or should I just direct this harassment+fake accusations to mod just like I did with your buddy Hamster to shut him the fuck up? Going to give you 5 minutes to link said "troll account which got banned months ago for scamming"

This post was edited by Palasan on Sep 28 2022 01:55pm
Sep 28 2022 01:54pm
Quote (kusotarre1 @ Sep 28 2022 09:51pm)

Don't waste anymore time with him imo. Ignore him like we do when woman gets annoying, and he will stop from himself.
Sep 28 2022 01:57pm
Waiting for the link
Or do you confirm that you are a shit poster Kremlin shill who just makes up shit as he goes?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789101127Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll