d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Pard Act/sat Equivalent Score Poll
Prev178910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 3,375.01
Dec 20 2016 11:42am
Quote (Skinned @ <a dir="ltr" href="x-apple-data-detectors://35" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="calendar-event" x-apple-data-detectors-result="35">Dec 20 2016 10:36am</a>)
Yeah, I'm like "how will she manage to even put on plate mail and swing a broad sword" lol.

He wasn't with us long, we stabilized him and sent him on his way. We are 72 hour hold place lol. Most of the time people don't decide to stay longer even if the option is there. We did have a sheriff come in to stand around and look serious though. He didn't do anything, and we could all tell that he wasn't really a psych guy, so he was really uncomfortable :lol: It will be a good story for him to tell the wife.

Yeah I'm like how will carry a 200 lb person out of a building or how will she subdue a 200 on criminal lollililollololl
Gold: 285.00
Dec 20 2016 11:44am
Quote (dirTyMan @ Dec 20 2016 12:42pm)
Yeah I'm like how will carry a 200 lb person out of a building or how will she subdue a 200 on criminal lollililollololl

With a fucking taser stupid, this isn't the WWE.
Gold: 231.41
Dec 20 2016 11:44am
Quote (dirTyMan @ Dec 20 2016 10:39am)
Most women shouldn't be firefighters or police officers. I LOL when I see a 100 lb police officer. Yes there are exceptions though.

the exception:

Gold: 2,504.69
Dec 20 2016 11:45am
Quote (dirTyMan @ Dec 20 2016 11:42am)

most fireman can't do that, that's why certain people are designated the role to head into buildings. but when they respond to a fire there are a myriad of roles. police work is the same, stop finding things to confirm your biases, even though we somewhat agree.

Quote (Skinned @ Dec 20 2016 11:36am)
Yeah, I'm like "how will she manage to even put on plate mail and swing a broad sword" lol.

He wasn't with us long, we stabilized him and sent him on his way. We are 72 hour hold place lol. Most of the time people don't decide to stay longer even if the option is there. We did have a sheriff come in to stand around and look serious though. He didn't do anything, and we could all tell that he wasn't really a psych guy, so he was really uncomfortable :lol: It will be a good story for him to tell the wife.

oh that's not too too bad then. i suppose some 72 hour holds bring a detox that clears people up. must be sad to have to discharge people you know need help tho...
Gold: 3,375.01
Dec 20 2016 11:46am
Quote (Skinned @ <a dir="ltr" href="x-apple-data-detectors://3" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="calendar-event" x-apple-data-detectors-result="3">Dec 20 2016 10:44am</a>)
With a fucking taser stupid, this isn't the WWE.

Tasers kill. You're sick. Promoting murder
Dec 20 2016 11:52am
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 20 2016 12:45pm)
most fireman can't do that, that's why certain people are designated the role to head into buildings. but when they respond to a fire there are a myriad of roles. police work is the same, stop finding things to confirm your biases, even though we somewhat agree.

oh that's not too too bad then. i suppose some 72 hour holds bring a detox that clears people up. must be sad to have to discharge people you know need help tho...

Well I discharge them so I make sure they get the help they need. That is one of the hats I wear there. If they're too bad I probate em instead...get statements of expert eval and see what a judge thinks.

We have made a pretty great detox program, where we send individuals detoxing to medical, it is handled medically, then I refer them to either in or out patient treatment depending on their need and what they can afford. Medicaid expansion is a complete lifesaver here, thank you Governor Kasich.

I also get to do things like not discharge somebody to the street if I can reasonably find them a shelter in 1-2 days, even if health insurance won't cover it. We'll eat the cost. The benefit of working for nuns.

I'm looking for a second job now, to help with the crushing student loans lol.

This post was edited by Skinned on Dec 20 2016 11:55am
Dec 20 2016 11:57am
Quote (Skinned @ Dec 20 2016 11:52am)
Well I discharge them so I make sure they get the help they need. That is one of the hats I wear there. If they're too bad I probate em instead.

We have made a pretty great detox program, where we send individuals detoxing to medical, it is handled medically, then I refer them to either in or out patient treatment depending on their need and what they can afford. Medicaid expansion is a complete lifesaver here, thank you Governor Kasich.

i see his reactions as necessary rather than an ideological shift from the war on drugs driven regimes he was a part of. and i love Kasich, but the day he equated pot legalization to Heroin OD's in his state in the second GOP debate i knew he had at least draconian tendencies in his drug platform. That said maybe dealing with years of a heroin epidemic has changes his viewpoint, but i think the kneejerk reaction is still there.

the real question will come when he either joins the DEA and other governors who will sue the federal govt or abstain or legalize in support. i'd give it a few years and such suits will be happening, especially in the states around CO and CA that have dealt with pot coming across borders.
Dec 20 2016 12:03pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 20 2016 12:57pm)
i see his reactions as necessary rather than an ideological shift from the war on drugs driven regimes he was a part of. and i love Kasich, but the day he equated pot legalization to Heroin OD's in his state in the second GOP debate i knew he had at least draconian tendencies in his drug platform. That said maybe dealing with years of a heroin epidemic has changes his viewpoint, but i think the kneejerk reaction is still there.

the real question will come when he either joins the DEA and other governors who will sue the federal govt or abstain or legalize in support. i'd give it a few years and such suits will be happening, especially in the states around CO and CA that have dealt with pot coming across borders.

We have legalized weed in many capacities, it just hasn't hit the streets yet. The legalization was passed, no flowers, but edibles, concentrates, oils, and other versions that you can get a standardized dose in. It is approved medically for a slew of different conditions.

That being said, I think Joe Rogan said it best when he said that "a gummy bear shouldn't be able to steal your soul". They need to dial back the potency on it. Look at what humans did to the poppy and coca leaf...if they do this to marijuana we're going to be seeing the first marijuana caused overdose death...respiratory failure, cardiac arrest, and other things that many of our most lethal drugs don't do in their natural form. The synthetic analogs of cannibinoids are already hurting a lot of people so the potential is definitely there. That being said, there is no compelling reason to keep it legal, and the states complaining about states around them flooding weed into their borders reminds me of states and cities with gun control bitching about surrounding areas flooding their area with guns....well you can't get the cat back in the bag once it is out.

I personally can't wait for the new class of billionaire that pot will create in the United States. Might counterbalance the enormous and malevolent weight of certain other industries.

This post was edited by Skinned on Dec 20 2016 12:04pm
Dec 20 2016 12:14pm
Quote (Skinned @ Dec 20 2016 12:03pm)
We have legalized weed in many capacities, it just hasn't hit the streets yet. The legalization was passed, no flowers, but edibles, concentrates, oils, and other versions that you can get a standardized dose in. It is approved medically for a slew of different conditions.

That being said, I think Joe Rogan said it best when he said that "a gummy bear shouldn't be able to steal your soul". They need to dial back the potency on it. Look at what humans did to the poppy and coca leaf...if they do this to marijuana we're going to be seeing the first marijuana caused overdose death...respiratory failure, cardiac arrest, and other things that many of our most lethal drugs don't do in their natural form. The synthetic analogs of cannibinoids are already hurting a lot of people so the potential is definitely there. That being said, there is no compelling reason to keep it legal, and the states complaining about states around them flooding weed into their borders reminds me of states and cities with gun control bitching about surrounding areas flooding their area with guns....well you can't get the cat back in the bag once it is out.

I personally can't wait for the new class of billionaire that pot will create in the United States. Might counterbalance the enormous and malevolent weight of certain other industries.

Pot business needs to get their act together in terms of R&D. it's understandable, for 50 years the model has been all about getting the word out. countering science on it and forcing medical research, etc. Now they need to make strides in practical breathalyzer technology and a better way to standardize the industry. Alcohol has a proof on every bottle. weed should be the same and that measurement should be legit. until that happens we'll get bad anecdotes of people who dab'd and killed their mom, or people who at a cookie and were found on the street inconsolable.
Gold: 4,921.71
Dec 20 2016 12:18pm
I did well on ACT and never took SAT,but this is a test you can easily study for so idk what op is trying to discern
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev178910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll