d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > My Views On Helping The Poor
Prev1789101129Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 8 2015 03:16pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 8 Apr 2015 21:11)
youre trying to win an argument on semantics, the sex change subject is irrelevant. It was only meant to represent an offtopic subject you were passionate about.

The point remains that you continually try to bring religion into any conversation youre a part of, regardless of its relevancy. THen when accused of it you deflect, or worse post topics abut how you are truly interested in religious people's views and just want to have a polite conversation about it. Yet you run from thread to thread looking for any way to get your agenda involved. Youre not a polite observer you are a zealot.

Well that's bullshit. I bring it into conversations where it is relevant. Like this one. OP is Christian and is expressing views on how to treat the poor. His god has issued moral decrees on how they should be treated and I viewed him as going against those decrees. If you disagree with that premise then that's fine but to imply Christianity has nothing to do with Christians views on the poor is ridiculous.

I'm not bashing Christianity here. I'm saying it has some good views on how to treat the poor and that OP is going against them even though he's a christian. Take your fucking Viv goggles off and listen to the words I'm saying instead of just seeing your preconceived idea of who I am and arguing against what you think my intentions might be.
Gold: 2,504.69
Apr 8 2015 03:21pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 8 2015 03:16pm)
Well that's bullshit. I bring it into conversations where it is relevant. Like this one. OP is Christian and is expressing views on how to treat the poor. His god has issued moral decrees on how they should be treated and I viewed him as going against those decrees. If you disagree with that premise then that's fine but to imply Christianity has nothing to do with Christians views on the poor is ridiculous.

I'm not bashing Christianity here. I'm saying it has some good views on how to treat the poor and that OP is going against them even though he's a christian. Take your fucking Viv goggles off and listen to the words I'm saying instead of just seeing your preconceived idea of who I am and arguing against what you think my intentions might be.

Op is a christian and does something against traditional christian doctrine so that makes it relevant? You brought it up, making it part of the conversation where before there was not a single post having anything to do with religion. The point is you didnt need at all to go to that point but you chose to in an attempt to derail the conversation. It was 100% off topic, 100%. Each christian isnt required to live in a hivemind state where they 100% live by the bible either. You say christian views on the poor and yet you brought up the christian views simply so that you could discuss them, no one else did in this thread.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Apr 8 2015 03:25pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 8 2015 04:13pm)
says the guy who clearly hasnt worked in alot of fields, higher education for instance. Overqualification is a real thing, and its not arguable with some employers. Your qualifications can be used as leverage in later wage negotiations so certain qualifications are a ticking time bomb for some employers, as soon as your first raise comes up they will be losing more money than they have to.

Well here is my career: restaurant cook, restaurant manager, insurance salesperson, walgreens clerk, healthcare software sales, digital media sales director, document imaging sales manager.

That's a lot of different fields. We'd have loved to have some overqualified people at each job.
Gold: 1.00
Apr 8 2015 03:26pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 8 2015 02:21pm)
Op is a christian and does something against traditional christian doctrine so that makes it relevant? You brought it up, making it part of the conversation where before there was not a single post having anything to do with religion. The point is you didnt need at all to go to that point but you chose to in an attempt to derail the conversation. It was 100% off topic, 100%. Each christian isnt required to live in a hivemind state where they 100% live by the bible either. You say christian views on the poor and yet you brought up the christian views simply so that you could discuss them, no one else did in this thread.

Uh Christian values are primarily concerned with the poor, bringing up his faith is relevant to the topic.
Apr 8 2015 03:26pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 8 Apr 2015 21:21)

Again... assuming my intentions. I guess now you've gone off the deep end and started raging it's hard for you to admit you may have overreacted. You made it part of the conversation by going on a mad rant over a single tongue-in-cheek comment about the incongruity of OP's beliefs.
Apr 8 2015 03:33pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 8 2015 03:26pm)
Again... assuming my intentions. I guess now you've gone off the deep end and started raging it's hard for you to admit you may have overreacted. You made it part of the conversation by going on a mad rant over a single tongue-in-cheek comment about the incongruity of OP's beliefs.

you stated your intentions, that doesnt mean i believe you. You deflect any time anyone is critical of your slander of religion. Its a weekly occurrence. If you at least stood up and admitted it in the face of conflict i could respect that. Even if by some stretch you found it a relevant topic (which i still disagree with) it was an obvious attempt to derail the conversation to one that you find more interesting.

Quote (AspenSniper @ Apr 8 2015 03:25pm)
Well here is my career: restaurant cook, restaurant manager, insurance salesperson, walgreens clerk, healthcare software sales, digital media sales director, document imaging sales manager.

That's a lot of different fields. We'd have loved to have some overqualified people at each job.

Most careers requiring a 4 year degree will not hire someone with a master's degree because of the future compensation that that persons qualifications require. If youre talking simply about people with masters degrees not being willing to work at mcdonalds (which likely would hire someone down on there luck with a masters degree) i agree, but i dont like the statement:

Quote (AspenSniper @ Apr 8 2015 02:59pm)
Being overqualified is such bullshit. You just need to pitch yourself better if you truly get that response.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Apr 8 2015 03:35pm
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Apr 8 2015 03:35pm
Everyone keeps saying "the OP is Christian, believes XYZ." I have no opinion at all of religion and am not religious at all... not sure if i'm just being trolled.
Apr 8 2015 03:40pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 8 Apr 2015 21:33)
you stated your intentions, that doesnt mean i believe you. You deflect any time anyone is critical of your slander of religion. Its a weekly occurrence. If you at least stood up and admitted it in the face of conflict i could respect that. Even if by some stretch you found it a relevant topic (which i still disagree with) it was an obvious attempt to derail the conversation to one that you find more interesting.

Fuck my life. Could you be any more dense?

Quote (AspenSniper @ 8 Apr 2015 21:35)
Everyone keeps saying "the OP is Christian, believes XYZ." I have no opinion at all of religion and am not religious at all... not sure if i'm just being trolled.

My bad. Musta got you mixed up with another mediator.

This post was edited by Scaly on Apr 8 2015 03:40pm
Gold: 2,900.49
Apr 8 2015 03:46pm
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 8 2015 06:20pm)
The crowd was pretty much silent besides a few people. Why would they awkwardly interrupt the flow of a debate?

It's only obvious to 20-something year old retards who wear Che shirts and buy $6 cups of coffee. America has accrued 18 trillion in debt helping the old and the poor. It's laughable that the people who want some fiscal sanity don't care about poor people. It's on par with similar retarded proclamations, like conservatives hate blacks, women, and gays.

If we want to be real here, most Christians do not like gay people, maybe they don't "hate" them, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think they at least do not like them.

EDIT -- What's with the Che shirt hate? I think I've seen maybe one or two in the last few years and part of that has been living in fucking Southern California. Why do people always need to invent this antagonistic group of people to trash on?

Good for me on having drive and motivation? That isn't good for just me, that should be how every person is. You're just saying ah well most people aren't motivated and intelligent. So we should do what then, reward people for not having the drive to make a good living and instead let them mooch? Please....

Yeah, well, they aren't, and frankly it wouldn't work if everyone was. You may see those jobs as stepping stones or platforms to something greater but people work those jobs for a very long time and some put value elsewhere in their lives, it isn't all about material, you know.

Quote (Comus @ Apr 8 2015 06:24pm)
Huh, I thought we accrued our debt different ways.

&it's stereotyping to say that conservatives hate blacks, women, and gays, but haters of blacks, women, and gays are usually conservative.

I know, it's not like we have a massive fucking military, huge amounts of interest paid on debt, amounts given as subsides or anything like that, it's because the government helps the poor so much.

This post was edited by Kamahl16 on Apr 8 2015 03:48pm
Apr 8 2015 03:50pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 8 2015 03:40pm)
Fuck my life. Could you be any more dense?

My bad. Musta got you mixed up with another mediator.

Ok after rereading your posts i see how you can see it as a relevant issue, i did jump the gun there. I wont let go that it was an obvious attempt to derail the conversation however, especially in the hindsight that the OP isnt even religious.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789101129Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll