d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Paul Ryan Budget
Prev1789101115Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 133,165.00
Mar 29 2012 12:36pm
Quote (njaguar @ Mar 29 2012 11:31am)
Thanks for the link, google wasn't being my friend with a quick search on the matter.

I'll have to review it a bit closer, but one common mistake stands out:
When you reduce government spending, GDP will contract, because part of the GDP equation is government spending/debt. When this shrinks, so does the GDP. Also, a fair amount of the income gained through taxes comes from federal employees that will be terminated under this plan, which also decreases the amount. I see he accounted for a fairly small decrease in income to the government, but whether this was calculated based upon how much is actually cut, the decrease in tax rates, or just being conservative I'm not certain at a glance.

In any case, that makes the GDP related charts practically impossible to gauge, as the exact impact will be very hard to determine, though you can get in the ballpark based upon what and how much cuts occur.

I'll dig into it a bit deeper later, and see if maybe the answer lies in the numbers somewhere.

When you reduce government spending, the money can be given back to the people in the form of tax reductions. This will promote job growth and even greater increases in GDP shortly after.
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 29 2012 12:37pm
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Mar 29 2012 01:36pm)
When you reduce government spending, the money can be given back to the people in the form of tax reductions. This will promote job growth and even greater increases in GDP shortly after.

And what will the unemployed do while they wait for the job market to pickup?
Gold: 285.00
Mar 29 2012 12:42pm
My girlfriend got the registered email and her password to her account changed and she wasn't even a PaRD poster over the unisex bathroom thing.
I've tried to PM people about it, to no avail.

She still bitches at me about it, and it's like a year later.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 29 2012 12:46pm
Mar 29 2012 12:52pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 29 2012 11:37am)

struggle. Stop living in a plastic world. If we don't correct these past errors with a tiny bit of suffering all of us will suffer permanently.

Think about that trade-off.
Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Trader: Trusted
Quote (Skinned @ 29 Mar 2012 13:42)
My girlfriend got the registered email and her password to her account changed and she wasn't even a PaRD poster over the unisex bathroom thing.
I've tried to PM people about it, to no avail.

She still bitches at me about it, and it's like a year later.

Maybe if you stopped being a conspiracy theorist moron and actually posted for help in the appropriate place, you'd receive it (General Help). Specifically, I created this page years ago to recover accounts where information was misplaced:
http://forums.d2jsp.org/recovery.php

Recovery is not provided through any other means. Additionally, if the account is which one I suspect (from your friends list), no information has ever been modified on it by staff or otherwise. It still has the same exact credentials it always did.

But do carry on with your baseless accusations and assumptions, it also shows your true character.
Gold: 8,933.00
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 29 2012 01:37pm)

Wait?
Gold: 285.00
Mar 29 2012 12:55pm
Quote (njaguar @ Mar 29 2012 01:52pm)
Maybe if you stopped being a conspiracy theorist moron and actually posted for help in the appropriate place, you'd receive it. Specifically, I created this page years ago to recover accounts where information was misplaced:
http://forums.d2jsp.org/recovery.php

Recovery is not provided through any other means. Additionally, if the account is which one I suspect (from your friends list), no information has ever been modified on it by staff or otherwise. It still has the same exact credentials it always did.

But do carry on with your baseless accusations and assumptions, it also shows your true character.

Hey man, I'm just going off what she said to me. Maybe she's putting in the information wrong.

But of course I must be a terrible human being. I remember writing you about it awhile back and got no response.

I'll bookmark the link and refer her to it when she gets home from work.

/e my first time seeing the recovery page.

/ee and you know absolutely nothing about my character.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 29 2012 12:59pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 29 2012 12:56pm
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Mar 29 2012 01:52pm)
struggle. Stop living in a plastic world. If we don't correct these past errors with a tiny bit of suffering all of us will suffer permanently.

Think about that trade-off.

I agree, I'm just not as extreme about it. Cutting deficits isn't going to immediately translate into job growth, and there are a hell of a lot of people out of work.

It's not going to be a tiny bit of suffering, it's going to be disastrous(if we do it your way).
Mar 29 2012 01:02pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 29 2012 11:56am)
I agree, I'm just not as extreme about it.  Cutting deficits isn't going to immediately translate into job growth, and there are a hell of a lot of people out of work.

It's not going to be a tiny bit of suffering, it's going to be disastrous(if we do it your way).

not nearly as disastrous as it could be. and its the ONLY way to stave off the eventual disaster for all.

and its only temporary.

This post was edited by RUSSiABANK on Mar 29 2012 01:02pm
Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 29 2012 01:02pm
Quote (Skinned @ 29 Mar 2012 13:55)
Hey man, I'm just going off what she said to me.  Maybe she's putting in the information wrong.

But of course I must be a terrible human being.  I remember writing you about it awhile back and got no response.

I'll bookmark the link and refer her to it when she gets home from work.

Doubtful, because if it was even remotely obvious that you wanted a recovery I would have done a right click -> Notes -> Recovery paste of the canned response I give to the thousands of these requests I receive each month. I reply to nearly every message I receive, unless it is about a subject that clearly says do not PM staff about (such as name changes for names that are already taken, warn issues, banned accounts, etc -- so perhaps if you made it sound like the account was banned or something, maybe that was why it was ignored). Otherwise I at least direct everyone to General Help as a last recourse.

In any case, knock off the conspiracy shit, it's tiring, and I'd think after being in here for years with you guys, those of you with a fraction of brain would realize these baseless accusations are patently false. I have disagreed with everyone in here at one time or another, and will continue to do so. Disagreeing has never got anyone in trouble, because I have never considered that a basis for any wrong-doing whatsoever.

Regarding your character, if you're of the mind that you make baseless judgments against authority figures and then hold that grudge years later, then yes, it speaks volumes about your "character". You're a scorner.

Now, let's get back to the budget discussion.

RUSSiABANK: Decrease in expenditures will decrease income by a fair amount. How much is left up to speculation, and recovery and regain of that is also of the same. Since this has never been tried to this level, it really is uncharted territory.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789101115Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll