d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev17879808182307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.00
May 1 2023 02:58pm
Quote (JessiWan @ May 1 2023 03:52pm)
And I keep telling you if your god feels glorified by suffering, then he is a psychopath.

I don't need to read the bible to know that you are contradicting yourself. You cannot have both "god allows suffering" and "god is good". These two things exclude each other.

Why are we talking about your opinion on what God should be? I've never seen anyone do what you are doing lmao

There's no point in talking anymore man you have shown you have no idea what the bible teaches and your entire argument is based around the fact that you can't deal with the suffering in the world. Meanwhile you've wasted hours not doing anything at all about suffering. Tier 3 cope
Gold: 1,453.85
Warn: 10%
May 1 2023 03:02pm
Quote (SP00K @ May 1 2023 01:58pm)
Why are we talking about your opinion on what God should be?

I never said what god should be. Why? Because I don't believe he even exists. I was just trying to tell you that when you say, "god is good", you are being wrong.

I've never seen anyone do what you are doing lmao

There's no point in talking anymore man you have shown you have no idea what the bible teaches and your entire argument is based around the fact that you can't deal with the suffering in the world.

I never said I can't deal with suffering. I was merely pointing out that the fact it exists disproves your entire belief system, aka, god is all good.

This post was edited by JessiWan on May 1 2023 03:07pm
May 1 2023 03:05pm
Quote (JessiWan @ May 1 2023 04:02pm)
I never said what god should be. Why? Because I don't even believe he exists. I was just trying to tell you that when you say, "god is good", you are being wrong.

I never said I can't deal with suffering. I was merely pointing out that the fact it exists disproves your entire belief system, aka, god is all good.

Refer to the last 2 pages for my response
Gold: 1,453.85
Warn: 10%
May 1 2023 03:06pm
Quote (SP00K @ May 1 2023 02:05pm)
Refer to the last 2 pages for my response

If I wanted to waste some time, I'd just fire up D2.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
May 1 2023 03:55pm
Quote (JessiWan @ May 2 2023 01:42am)
I never mentioned the new testament. Are you high? I merely said that the precursor of Christianity was the product of the Jewish mind.

Also, I'll admit I indeed didn't know who wrote the new testament. And its because I don't care to. I really do not care who wrote what portion of your holy book.

Don't worry the Christians themselves don't even know. None of the original material ever survived they cannot prove the authors they only speculate who wrote it. As there is no universal agreement for biblical authorship.
These clown speak like they know everything. Don't let it slide just check them next time watch them scramble for words.

Also I know you like to bash lbgtq but here is something, you are dealing with people who have some of the highest sexual abuse of children in any given industry. Much higher then trannies. They just do it behind closed doors and try to sweep it under the rug with their influence. https://www.foxnews.com/us/more-than-150-catholic-priests-maryland-sexually-abused-600-children-new-report-found
May 1 2023 04:34pm
Quote (SP00K @ May 2 2023 08:49am)
Do you not understand that we exist to glorify God? I've told you literally 3 times, suffering glorifies God.

Genesis 50 19-20

19But Joseph replied, “Do not be afraid. Am I in the place of God? 20As for you, what you intended against me for evil, God intended for good, in order to accomplish a day like this— to preserve the lives of many people.

We are talking the biblical God here, not your opinion on what a god should be. So far your entire argument is emotion based with nothing showing your even talking about the God of the bible.

"We exist to glorify god"?? This is an unverified assertion literally an emotional opinion not backed up by reality. You love to layer all these concepts like they are true and no other thought exists.
What JessiWan was getting at is a universally agreed concept of cruelty in a logical argument of if x = bad and if y does x then y also = bad.
But knowing your replies you are putting this concept "God" in a special category (which you haven't been able to prove) is exempt from good or bad concepts even though humans might agree what's good or bad. Furthermore you want us to buy the idea that this entity you worship not only is exempt from our definitions of good and bad but his own definitions which he lays out himself.
So if a God defines killing is a bad thing it doesn't apply to him creating a double standard where we do it it's bad. So he can kill with impunity and we are to pretend like it's all good in the hood.

This literally what the Nazis had brainwashed people to think. This is a human concept used by tyrants and maniacs for control and power. You might of heard rules for thee but not for me.
Pick up George Orwell animal farm of political satire. People have been exploring these propaganda concepts "some are more equal then others" for a good while now.

This post was edited by addone on May 1 2023 04:39pm
Gold: 1,326.00
May 1 2023 04:59pm
Just saw this and am not gonna read thru the 80 pages., but I’ll post my personal opinion.

I personally believe that God exists. Do I have any physical evidence of this? No, not to my knowledge. I have however, had several experiences that have made me a firm believer and I like to keep those to myself.

Growing up, I hated being told what to do/follow/think “just because”, and I was agnostic/borderline atheist. Those experiences though, changed everything, which brings me to why I keep that to myself:

1. I had to find God on my own. It’s something that cannot be forced, but has to come naturally/if it comes at all.

2. I keep it to myself because it’s “for me” if that makes sense. It’s faith, and I won’t give that up. We all know the word “faith” but it really took on a stronger meaning after going through said experiences.

If people are curious/want to chat about it, I’ll give my thoughts, but they’ll be based on faith, because logic and faith, as of now, don’t really coexist to certain degrees.

Regardless, to those who don’t believe in God, I wish you well either way, and certainly wont be preaching anything to you.

Cheers
May 1 2023 05:16pm
Quote (Mesa @ May 2 2023 10:59am)
Just saw this and am not gonna read thru the 80 pages., but I’ll post my personal opinion.

I personally believe that God exists. Do I have any physical evidence of this? No, not to my knowledge. I have however, had several experiences that have made me a firm believer and I like to keep those to myself.

Growing up, I hated being told what to do/follow/think “just because”, and I was agnostic/borderline atheist. Those experiences though, changed everything, which brings me to why I keep that to myself:

1. I had to find God on my own. It’s something that cannot be forced, but has to come naturally/if it comes at all.

2. I keep it to myself because it’s “for me” if that makes sense. It’s faith, and I won’t give that up. We all know the word “faith” but it really took on a stronger meaning after going through said experiences.

If people are curious/want to chat about it, I’ll give my thoughts, but they’ll be based on faith, because logic and faith, as of now, don’t really coexist to certain degrees.

Regardless, to those who don’t believe in God, I wish you well either way, and certainly wont be preaching anything to you.

Cheers

That sir was the most honest and fair explanation I read so far. I have no problems with you believing something that I might not agree with. And that's fine, I do have a question about the experience with out going into details was it purely feelings or was there some sort of event like you prayed and the bad situation went away without logical explanation?
May 1 2023 06:57pm
Quote (addone @ May 1 2023 05:34pm)
"We exist to glorify god"?? This is an unverified assertion literally an emotional opinion not backed up by reality. You love to layer all these concepts like they are true and no other thought exists.
What JessiWan was getting at is a universally agreed concept of cruelty in a logical argument of if x = bad and if y does x then y also = bad.
But knowing your replies you are putting this concept "God" in a special category (which you haven't been able to prove) is exempt from good or bad concepts even though humans might agree what's good or bad. Furthermore you want us to buy the idea that this entity you worship not only is exempt from our definitions of good and bad but his own definitions which he lays out himself.
So if a God defines killing is a bad thing it doesn't apply to him creating a double standard where we do it it's bad. So he can kill with impunity and we are to pretend like it's all good in the hood.

This literally what the Nazis had brainwashed people to think. This is a human concept used by tyrants and maniacs for control and power. You might of heard rules for thee but not for me.
Pick up George Orwell animal farm of political satire. People have been exploring these propaganda concepts "some are more equal then others" for a good while now.

Correct. God is incapable of doing wrong and regardless of what He does, it is righteous.

If you are implying that we should categorize God's actions with our own, then you have yet to open a Bible. And I'm not trying to get you to buy into anything. I literally don't care what you believe.
Gold: 1,326.00
May 1 2023 07:06pm
Quote (addone @ May 1 2023 06:16pm)
That sir was the most honest and fair explanation I read so far. I have no problems with you believing something that I might not agree with. And that's fine, I do have a question about the experience with out going into details was it purely feelings or was there some sort of event like you prayed and the bad situation went away without logical explanation?

Thanks dude and to answer your question, they all varied but the most significant one was while praying. Without going into much detail, I’ll say it was the most focused, attentive and real praying I had ever done, and it worked. It wasn’t related to anything silly, or “kind of important, but not really” and was as real to me as the air I’m breathing, grass I can touch, etc etc.

I hate to be vague with the answer and totally understand it’s subject to questioning my authenticity, but I’ve learned that faith isn’t something that can explained by logic or science, or at least for me.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17879808182307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll