d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev17867877887897903169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 16 2016 09:04am
Hillary is bringing out the Birther Movement attack line on trump, which to this point she's completely avoided, which made sense because she has even greater chance to be burned than him since he can just point out she's the one who started it
So does hillary have some trick up her sleeve or is she walking into a trap for no good reason?

Perhaps the reasoning was that it was a net loss for both of them, which was in trumps favor when he was behind, but when he's ahead its equalizing for her, and if trump pushes back, it takes the media attention away from all her other negative press this week. The other potential is that it backfires entirely and just lumps bad story after bad story for her on multiple fronts.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 16 2016 09:15am
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 16 2016 09:04am)
Hillary is bringing out the Birther Movement attack line on trump, which to this point she's completely avoided, which made sense because she has even greater chance to be burned than him since he can just point out she's the one who started it
So does hillary have some trick up her sleeve or is she walking into a trap for no good reason?

Perhaps the reasoning was that it was a net loss for both of them, which was in trumps favor when he was behind, but when he's ahead its equalizing for her, and if trump pushes back, it takes the media attention away from all her other negative press this week. The other potential is that it backfires entirely and just lumps bad story after bad story for her on multiple fronts.

I think the bottom line is HRC has entirely denounced the idea or at least not pressed it in some time, whereas Trump was incredibly vocal about it through his social media in 2008-2015. She's hopefully bringing it up in the hopes that Trump will pick it up again. Also let's consider what happens if Trump throws it back in HRC's face, she can admit she doesn't believe it and is sorry for her involvement in it in the first place. Showing humility and an ability to admit past misdeeds that some feel Trump sorely lacks.

Overall I think its a bad idea, but it could yield some fruit.
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 16 2016 09:25am
Washington (CNN)Ohio Gov. John Kasich says he feels it's his "responsibility and duty as a leader" -- no matter the political cost -- to help President Barack Obama shepherd the Trans-Pacific Partnership through Congress.

The two-term Republican governor is set to meet with Obama in the Oval Office on Friday. In an exclusive interview Thursday night, he told CNN's Dana Bash he doesn't mind the political backlash he could face.

"I welcome the fact that people will criticize me for putting my country ahead of my party," Kasich said.

Kasich and Obama could be facing an uphill battle: Both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton oppose the 12-nation Pacific Rim deal, which Obama has pitched as a way to counterbalance China's rise in the region.

"This is the first time the candidates in both major political parties say they are opposed to free trade. It's astounding to me," Kasich said.

In the Oval Office, Kasich will join Obama, former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, former George W. Bush administration Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson, Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed and others for a meeting on the 12-nation Pacific Rim deal.

He'll later join Reed and White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest for a press briefing, where he's expected to make his case for the pact.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/john-kasich-trans-pacific-partnership/

I really wonder how Kasich would have done if he was the Republican candidate. He would lose some of the anti-free trade, anti-intellectual Trump supporters, but with Hillary's negatives I still feel that Kasich would win.
Gold: 57.00
Sep 16 2016 09:35am
Quote (IceMage @ 16 Sep 2016 11:25)
I really wonder how Kasich would have done if he was the Republican candidate. He would lose some of the anti-free trade, anti-intellectual Trump supporters, but with Hillary's negatives I still feel that Kasich would win.

he'd be the combined weight of Trump and Hillary Clinton by now

Gold: 0.00
Sep 16 2016 09:46am
Quote (IceMage @ Sep 16 2016 11:25am)

He would be but they let the reality show takeover.

We could actually have a debate on policy and not just buzz words
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 16 2016 09:47am
Quote (excellence @ Sep 16 2016 10:35am)
he'd be the combined weight of Trump and Hillary Clinton by now

http://thehill.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_full/public/blogs/kasicheating.jpg

I just sat down on the toilet and I heard cracking and the front part of it broke and now the toilet is basically ruined.
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 16 2016 10:01am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 16 2016 09:15am)
I think the bottom line is HRC has entirely denounced the idea or at least not pressed it in some time, whereas Trump was incredibly vocal about it through his social media in 2008-2015. She's hopefully bringing it up in the hopes that Trump will pick it up again. Also let's consider what happens if Trump throws it back in HRC's face, she can admit she doesn't believe it and is sorry for her involvement in it in the first place. Showing humility and an ability to admit past misdeeds that some feel Trump sorely lacks.

Overall I think its a bad idea, but it could yield some fruit.

The thing is that HRC took karl rove lessons to heart and ran an extremely dirty whisper campaign in 2008 when Obama kept good on his pledge to stay clean, and even after Obama went to the Clintons to ask them to play nice, they refused- its even referenced in the Powell files.
Neither Trump nor Clinton actually thought Obama was born elsewhere. Clinton used it to try to cheat his campaign, while Trump exploited it for free publicity.
Now that she's brought it up, Trump is playing right by the script: He denounced it, said Obama was definitely born in the USA and the birth certificate was genuine, but that HRC was the one who created the movement in 2008. Thats the top story in the news right now

Theres no way Hillary can do the same and throw it back at Trump. She cannot admit she was involved. She has plainly denied it and lied about it in the past, even though all the evidence traces back to her staff and the timing made it obvious. If she admitted to it, she'd be saying she was lying for years and was running an extremely dirty campaign against Obama. She can't admit to that. All she can do is deny it again and claim theres no evidence she was involved, which there never will be unless she was dumb enough to let hackers get ahold of damning emails.
Clinton is in a bind here and theres no reason she should have pushed this angle in the first place, because anyone could see where it leads. Thats what makes me suspicious maybe she has a trick up her sleeve. Clinton's #2 selling point right now (after tits) is that she's supposed to be a continuation of Obama, and if she makes the story about how she called him "that man", will trample his legacy and tried to backstab him in 2008, she's digging her own grave

Can you imagine how the story would play out? Clinton has a real heart to heart with a reporter where she says 'Yeah, I tried to slander Obama with a dirty whisper campaign because I was desperate and really wanted to win, and yeah I lied about it for years and said I was absolutely not involved, but today I'm being honest and I'm ashamed of my involvement and want to be humble and contrite'. yeeaaa-no

This post was edited by Goomshill on Sep 16 2016 10:03am
Gold: 18,588.33
Sep 16 2016 10:50am
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/296317-cnns-john-king-we-got-played-again-by-trump-campaign
playing the media like a fiddle

This post was edited by majorblood on Sep 16 2016 10:51am
Gold: 7,749.47
Gold: 285.00
Sep 16 2016 10:55am
Quote (IceMage @ Sep 16 2016 10:25am)

Hard to tell. He doesn't want to embrace identity politics while the GOP electorate has been wholeheartedly this election.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17867877887897903169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll