d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev17777787797807813169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 12 2016 05:01pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Sep 12 2016 05:59pm)
She's doing a mighty fine job all on her own without any assistance from the Don, he's just sitting back & watching her self-implode

it's great isn't it..Even though the story will be buried soon....At work today i felt so deplorable along with many of my coworkers ;)
Gold: 3.33
Sep 12 2016 05:02pm
Quote (stimpy6298 @ Sep 12 2016 11:55pm)
I love trump just destroying her reputation...the debates are going to be a straight ass whoopin

hillary has very very bad judgement. you look at her decision making, the decisions she made. you look at iraq, afghanistan, libya, benghazi, her emails. now she wants to start world war 3 with putin. i can say im going to have a great relationship with putin. if he wants to complement me, ill take the complement, ok? i dont know what hillary is really suffering from but a lot of smart people, very smart people, tell me that she may have some terrible illness she is hiding.
Sep 12 2016 05:04pm
Quote (dro94 @ Sep 12 2016 06:02pm)
hillary has very very bad judgement. you look at her decision making, the decisions she made. you look at iraq, afghanistan, libya, benghazi, her emails. now she wants to start world war 3 with putin. i can say im going to have a great relationship with putin. if he wants to complement me, ill take the complement, ok? i dont know what hillary is really suffering from but a lot of smart people, very smart people, tell me that she may have some terrible illness she is hiding.

that sounds like trump and it's the absolute truth too
Sep 12 2016 05:08pm
Quote (stimpy6298 @ Sep 13 2016 12:04am)
that sounds like trump and it's the absolute truth too

dude ive been trumpposting for weeks, majorblood loves it
Sep 12 2016 05:15pm
Quote (dro94 @ Sep 12 2016 06:08pm)
dude ive been trumpposting for weeks, majorblood loves it

I love it too we need more people like you that have common sense to embrace our supreme leader
Sep 12 2016 05:21pm
Quote (stimpy6298 @ Sep 13 2016 12:15am)
I love it too we need more people like you that have common sense to embrace our supreme leader

i have no vested interest in the election as im not american, trump is a great meme though
Gold: 20.31
Sep 13 2016 10:50am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Sep 8 2016 04:22pm)
The previous Corzine embezzled and lost nearly all of the pension money by investing it in shady places. Nothing that Christie did was even close to as bad. He's flawed, don't get me wrong.

Trumper got $60 mil in small time donations this month. Opensecrets says Hillary got 60 mil total for the year so far.

You're making 2 mistakes: 1) looking at incomplete data, and 2) interpreting that data incorrectly.

Because Trump is so discouraged by his campaign's fundraising, he’s dragging his feet on releasing that information, waiting until he legally has to do so in the FEC report. You’re referencing a figure that combines Trump’s campaign with the joint vehicles he set up with the RNC. If you want to use that it’s fine (though it really cut against the larger argument you’re trying to make, because this total was the product of big checks written to the RNC, not Trump money), but you'd need to do the same for Clinton and her JCTs: last month they raised $143 million, a sum that vastly exceeds not only Trump’s haul but the $60 million number you tried to attribute to her. You should have been able to look at the $60 million number and realize immediately that it's incorrect but that’s another matter.

Realistically the only way Trump could distort the numbers in his favor would be to set the threshold at such a hilariously-small amount, like $10, that way his reliance on direct mail would be an asset and mask the percentages. Either way, Trump’s self-funded ~$60 million dollars and his effort is being kept alive by the RNC, which is being kept alive by $200k checks, so there's hardly anything about his campaign that's built by small-dollar donors.

As far as the New Jersey discussion goes, that type of false equivalence is obviously not going to work on people like me who actually know legislative history. I'm not sure why you even bother.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 13 2016 10:55am
Quote (Pollster @ Sep 13 2016 10:50am)
You're making 2 mistakes: 1) looking at incomplete data, and 2) interpreting that data incorrectly.

Because Trump is so discouraged by his campaign's fundraising, he’s dragging his feet on releasing that information, waiting until he legally has to do so in the FEC report. You’re referencing a figure that combines Trump’s campaign with the joint vehicles he set up with the RNC. If you want to use that it’s fine (though it really cut against the larger argument you’re trying to make, because this total was the product of big checks written to the RNC, not Trump money), but you'd need to do the same for Clinton and her JCTs: last month they raised $143 million, a sum that vastly exceeds not only Trump’s haul but the $60 million number you tried to attribute to her. You should have been able to look at the $60 million number and realize immediately that it's incorrect but that’s another matter.

Realistically the only way Trump could distort the numbers in his favor would be to set the threshold at such a hilariously-small amount, like $10, that way his reliance on direct mail would be an asset and mask the percentages. Either way, Trump’s self-funded ~$60 million dollars and his effort is being kept alive by the RNC, which is being kept alive by $200k checks, so there's hardly anything about his campaign that's built by small-dollar donors.

As far as the New Jersey discussion goes, that type of false equivalence is obviously not going to work on people like me who actually know legislative history. I'm not sure why you even bother.

Irony, never respond to a post in which EndlessLie posts a statistic. They're all fubar.
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 13 2016 11:04am
Quote (Pollster @ Sep 13 2016 12:50pm)

Thanks for the donation info. Made some mistakes there.
Gold: 20.31
Sep 13 2016 11:20am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 13 2016 09:55am)
Irony, never respond to a post in which EndlessLie posts a statistic. They're all fubar.

I use opportunities like that not only to clear up the discrepancy that the specific person's seeing between differing information, but to clear it up (or even prevent it from happening in the first place) for anyone else who might just end up reading it as they come upon this. I'm not out to savage him (or anyone) for not knowing something or making a mistake; now everyone has a much better understanding of Trump's fundraising and it took about 15 seconds.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17777787797807813169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll