d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev175767778791036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 50.00
May 14 2020 05:43pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ May 14 2020 06:40pm)
Yeah and I fly to Africa to feed starving children who want McDonalds.

Yes because volunteer work at local facilities is such a stretch of the imagination isn’t it? How sad your life must be
May 14 2020 05:51pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 14 2020 06:43pm)
feel free to prove me wrong then, what school district pays more than MPS? list them, then show where Milwaukee ranks by percent. its available to the public afterall.

but then again I see you're down to a single point and ignoring many more important points from my post. you deserve to be talked down to, you're a hypocrite. telling others they don't even know you when u don't know me, and just assume u name dropping a cousin means you know shit I don't. again, I have several friends who are or were MPS teachers. they took lower paying jobs in richer schools 10 miles away in the suburbs.

so prove me wrong, where does milwakee rank, and who pays more. should be easy, I can admit im wrong if I am. I don't retreat to a single talking point like a coward. u strawmanned me as a trump supporter several times today and are still running. didn't even respond. coward.

Nobody deserves to be talked down to, including you even if I think you’re being arrogant and pedantic. If someone is unaware of the facts, then supply them with the facts. You’re claiming that suburban districts and private schools don’t count in the equation is that correct? To be clear I’m saying that there isn’t incentive for highly qualified teachers to work for MPS if there isn’t any benefit for them comparitive to working in Elmbrook or a private school

This post was edited by Giannis on May 14 2020 05:51pm
Gold: 23.00
May 14 2020 05:52pm
Quote (Giannis @ May 14 2020 07:43pm)
Yes because volunteer work at local facilities is such a stretch of the imagination isn’t it? How sad your life must be

A stretch for a normal citizen....no.

For you.....yes.
May 14 2020 05:55pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ May 14 2020 06:52pm)
A stretch for a normal citizen....no.

For you.....yes.

Makes no difference what your perception of me is. I agree that personal contributions either by volunteering your time or donating money is a critical component to achieving social successes
Gold: 2,504.69
May 14 2020 06:00pm
Quote (Giannis @ May 14 2020 06:51pm)
Nobody deserves to be talked down to, including you even if I think you’re being arrogant and pedantic. If someone is unaware of the facts, then supply them with the facts. You’re claiming that suburban districts and private schools don’t count in the equation is that correct? To be clear I’m saying that there isn’t incentive for highly qualified teachers to work for MPS if there isn’t any benefit for them comparitive to working in Elmbrook or a private school

private schools obviously aren't a part of the equation. almost all private schools pay more than all public schools, because they have terrible benefits.

I did your research for you, Nicolet is the top paid school in the state, at 73k average. not the heart of Milwaukee or south Milwaukee but in the city. then there's a large chunk of schools that all average about 65k salaries, Milwaukee and south Milwaukee included in them. and due to decades of justified redistricting schools like Menomonee falls have plenty of more minority populations than they did 30 years ago. same with Nicolet and many other districts.

every single school in your county pays more per student than the rest of the state, that's a fact. can they pay more, yes, should they, yes. but fixing it isn't a light switch, it will take unprecedented investment and 50 years to even make a dent.

meanwhile my wife teaches in a school district with 25% more special ed students than the state average, its mostly trailer parks so the property taxes are shit compared to many Milwaukee districts with industrial parks that pay taxes at a far higher rate. being a teacher is a calling and fixing schools is a massive undertaking of a generation, not a trump thing. im still perplexed why you brought it up when you did.
May 14 2020 09:06pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 14 2020 07:00pm)
private schools obviously aren't a part of the equation. almost all private schools pay more than all public schools, because they have terrible benefits.

I did your research for you, Nicolet is the top paid school in the state, at 73k average. not the heart of Milwaukee or south Milwaukee but in the city. then there's a large chunk of schools that all average about 65k salaries, Milwaukee and south Milwaukee included in them. and due to decades of justified redistricting schools like Menomonee falls have plenty of more minority populations than they did 30 years ago. same with Nicolet and many other districts.

every single school in your county pays more per student than the rest of the state, that's a fact. can they pay more, yes, should they, yes. but fixing it isn't a light switch, it will take unprecedented investment and 50 years to even make a dent.

meanwhile my wife teaches in a school district with 25% more special ed students than the state average, its mostly trailer parks so the property taxes are shit compared to many Milwaukee districts with industrial parks that pay taxes at a far higher rate. being a teacher is a calling and fixing schools is a massive undertaking of a generation, not a trump thing. im still perplexed why you brought it up when you did.

agreed on private schools being their own entity, but public school districts like Elmbrook, Brookfield, Madison, Germantown, Menomonee Falls, etc etc are not excluded from this comparison. I went to a private elementary school that went through the switch to open enrollment, in order to claim government subsidies. lets just say the results are not good there anymore. it's all a money thing which is not how educational systems should operate. the point I'm trying to make is there are some things I don't believe should have the "need for greed" in order to function optimally. Capitalism is fine when it's about car dealerships competing, or whatever. It's not fine when capitalism is the driver for education and health, I believe that those sectors should have dedicated funding and that there should be incentives in place in order for them to operate optimally and with equal opportunity for each of our citizens.

you should know more than anyone here that automation job displacement is for real. with the current job forecast of the foreseeable future, we need to have strategies in place that give people a purpose. I think you can get behind that idea, right? one of the top priorities for our youths moving forward, should be breaking industry barriers in the classroom. reaching new heights in 5g technology, blockchain technology, 3d printing, etc. now more than ever education should be a top priority with our tax payer budget.

This post was edited by Giannis on May 14 2020 09:11pm
May 15 2020 05:53am
Quote (Giannis @ May 14 2020 10:06pm)
agreed on private schools being their own entity, but public school districts like Elmbrook, Brookfield, Madison, Germantown, Menomonee Falls, etc etc are not excluded from this comparison. I went to a private elementary school that went through the switch to open enrollment, in order to claim government subsidies. lets just say the results are not good there anymore. it's all a money thing which is not how educational systems should operate. the point I'm trying to make is there are some things I don't believe should have the "need for greed" in order to function optimally. Capitalism is fine when it's about car dealerships competing, or whatever. It's not fine when capitalism is the driver for education and health, I believe that those sectors should have dedicated funding and that there should be incentives in place in order for them to operate optimally and with equal opportunity for each of our citizens.

you should know more than anyone here that automation job displacement is for real. with the current job forecast of the foreseeable future, we need to have strategies in place that give people a purpose. I think you can get behind that idea, right? one of the top priorities for our youths moving forward, should be breaking industry barriers in the classroom. reaching new heights in 5g technology, blockchain technology, 3d printing, etc. now more than ever education should be a top priority with our tax payer budget.

ok so i guess i have two question then, what changes need to be made specifically in education in Milwaukee to fix the school system and how does that relate to your car getting robbed and Trump supporters?

also i think u mistake my automation stance, we're 50-100 years from many people just getting UBI and education mattering far less. automation is going to kill this working class.

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 15 2020 05:58am
Gold: 285.00
May 15 2020 07:12am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 14 2020 08:00pm)

Don't being up schools to Trump. He hasn't touched them putaide3of putting an incompetent stooge as sec of education and not much has happened.

If he does anything to schools that will be more to fix when it's time. We are already going to have to get the economy in order.
May 15 2020 07:25am
Quote (Skinned @ May 15 2020 08:12am)
Don't being up schools to Trump. He hasn't touched them putaide3of putting an incompetent stooge as sec of education and not much has happened.

If he does anything to schools that will be more to fix when it's time. We are already going to have to get the economy in order.

what did Obama do to help public schools in terms of legislation. I hate Betsy DeVos as much as anyone but she's basically a freeze on progress, rather than regression. many of the headline news stories painting her as a villain are either overblown or have to do with student loans for college. not nothing, but doesnt relate to public schools.

Nicolet highschool that i referenced above is a product of white flight and taxes gone rampant. but even the surrounding schools are still flushed with cash compared to the state average due to population density, industrial parks, and high tax rates, with a higher percent deferred to education.
Gold: 119,903.34
May 15 2020 07:33am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 14 2020 08:00pm)

Although it's almost borderline impossible to maybe ever have happen. If kids weren't just given 3 months off from school every year, it would go a long way in leading to better education over 5-18 age period. Which is just over 3 years of schooling missed out on and going to school year round would ready kids to be more normalized expectations going out of school and maybe be more motivated or disciplined. Also maybe creating more schools or more infrastructure to have smaller class sizes since lots of studies show smaller class sizes and more pay for teachers are the best use of money rather than just throwing money straight up that just leads to administrative dead weight or the testing standards that cause even more problems. In Ohio a lot of funding is determined by test scores which just creates a massive issue of teachers focusing on getting kids to pass tests rather than just focusing on helping kids generally and specifically to what they need.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev175767778791036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll