d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev17576777879443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 19 2018 05:08pm
pure cancer in here god
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 19 2018 05:08pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 19 2018 07:05pm)
https://i.imgur.com/o5zGjGx.jpg

people can't just throw shit out there and ghost

it doesn't help the alleged victim or the process it only adds more shady looking behavior for the right to cling to

I agree, but at the same time it's tough to blame her if she doesn't want to get involved in the circus. Unfortunate.
Gold: 57.00
Sep 19 2018 05:11pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 19 Sep 2018 19:05)
https://i.imgur.com/o5zGjGx.jpg

people can't just throw shit out there and ghost

it doesn't help the alleged victim or the process it only adds more shady looking behavior for the right to cling to

ffs just have the vote tomorrow at 6 am
its going to be 5 more days of these rando internet rumors at this pace
Sep 19 2018 05:12pm
Quote (excellence @ Sep 19 2018 07:11pm)
ffs just have the vote tomorrow at 6 am
its going to be 5 more days of these rando internet rumors at this pace

Yes please!
Sep 19 2018 05:25pm
Two sources told me the White House has heard rumors that Ford’s account will be verified by women who say she told it to them contemporaneously. People worry, without apparent evidence, of another Ronan Farrow bomb dropping. One source says Ivanka Trump has told her father to “cut bait” and drop Kavanaugh.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/09/kavanaugh-allegations-trump-ivanka?

Also trump is apparently reluctant to further defend Kavanaugh than he already has because he's a "Bush Guy" 😂🤣😂🤣

That is so Trump.

Also, unrelatedly, trump is apparently ready to blame Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell if he loses the house &/or senate.
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 19 2018 05:26pm

Trump defends Supreme Court nominee, accuser faces deadline

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-kavanaugh/trump-defends-supreme-court-nominee-accuser-faces-deadline-idUSKCN1LZ1OX

With Trump’s effort to cement conservative control of the nation’s highest court on a knife’s edge, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley set a Friday morning [21st] deadline for Christine Blasey Ford to decide if she will talk to lawmakers.

“I think it’s not fair to Judge Kavanaugh for her not to come forward and testify,” moderate Republican Senator Susan Collins, whose vote could be crucial, said in a radio interview.

Grassley’s committee wants prepared testimony from Ford by Friday and an answer on whether she will accept its invitation to testify to the panel on Monday, either publicly or privately. The committee also has invited Kavanaugh to testify on Monday.

Ford’s lawyers said on Tuesday she would testify before the committee only if the FBI first investigated her allegation. The FBI has said it is not investigating the matter, a decision backed by Republicans.

“It is not the FBI’s role to investigate a matter such as this,” wrote Grassley, who also sent a letter to committee Democrats formally rejecting their bid for the FBI to investigate.

Republican panel member Lindsey Graham said on Twitter that requiring an FBI investigation of a 36-year-old allegation “is not about finding the truth, but delaying the process till after the midterm elections.”

The Justice Department has said the FBI sent Ford’s initial letter making the allegation against Kavanaugh to the White House and considers its role in the matter complete.

Cristina Miranda King, who said she attended the same school as Ford, wrote on Twitter that the alleged incident “was spoken about for days afterwards in school” at the time. King later deleted the post and a similar one on Facebook.

“I do not have first hand knowledge of the incident,” King, who did not respond to requests seeking comment, said in a subsequent Twitter post. She later deleted her account.

Seems Susan Collins is leaning towards her distrust of this whole issue and the way her party will vote.

Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 19 2018 06:47pm
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 05:03pm)
No where have i seen dr. Ford say "i've never told anyone until 2012"

What i did read (WaPo) is she told no one of the incident "in any detail" until 2012, it's possible she couldve casually elluded or mentioned it to one of her HS friends back in HS. Also she said at least 4 boys (and an unspecified number of girls) attended the party, surely ther3 could've been other partial witnesses that spread gossip. Just saying.

she told her husband and therapist in like 2002, then someone in 2012. that's HER story. no mention at all that it was ever a subject of highschool gossip. according to her there are 5 people before 2012 who "knew", her, both accused, husband, and therapist.

starting to see why the FBI doesn't need to get involved yet?
Sep 19 2018 06:51pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 19 2018 08:47pm)
she told her husband and therapist in like 2002, then someone in 2012. that's HER story. no mention at all that it was ever a subject of highschool gossip. according to her there are 5 people before 2012 who "knew", her, both accused, husband, and therapist.

starting to see why the FBI doesn't need to get involved yet?

Which news outlet reported that? This is the first ive seen. The fact that WaPo used the language "in any detail" makes me believe she could've mentioned it vaguely to others before 2012. Idk. I'm just speculating.

Sep 19 2018 06:57pm
James Comey confirmed (on st. Louis public radio) what i've been saying all along, that the FBI could investigate this if the White House ordered it.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 19 2018 06:58pm
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 06:51pm)
Which news outlet reported that? This is the first ive seen. The fact that WaPo used the language "in any detail" makes me believe she could've mentioned it vaguely to others before 2012. Idk. I'm just speculating.

yes. you are.

Ford said she told no one at the time of what had happened.
“My biggest fear was, do I look like someone just attacked me?” she said, adding she remembered thinking: “I’m not ever telling anyone this. This is nothing, it didn’t happen and he didn’t rape me.”

https://nypost.com/2018/09/16/brett-kavanaughs-accuser-comes-out-of-the-shadows/

what I said is then the years later. 20 years of silence, then 10 more after that. all of which is fine. but its not enough for an investigation.

Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 06:57pm)
James Comey confirmed (on st. Louis public radio) what i've been saying all along, that the FBI could investigate this if the White House ordered it.

this is a strawman battle. no one doubts they could. and a guy like comey has reason to say they should, as do you.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 19 2018 06:59pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17576777879443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll