d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Got Questions About God? > #1 Can You Really Trust The Bible?
Prev17475767778Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.31
Jun 19 2013 01:29pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Jun 19 2013 07:57pm)
Are you claiming that everything that has a benefit for one's self cannot be a good action?  That doing something that happens to have a side-effect benefiting you is hypocritical?

It is a "good" (moral) action when this benefit is only incidental, when this benefit is only a side-effect and not the main effect expected at the outset.
The moment you warn someone about whether he's going to be rewarded if he does X action, two scenarii might happen :
-That person will become biased and swayed. Your arousing his desires will result in his action being shallow and calculated, so it is not a good action anymore. (The donkey and the carrot)
-That person's morality matches Kant's ideal and won't be swayed in the slightest, basically making that person a God, but the message isn't directed to God but to us... So, this second case is nothing but a mock case.
Hence why the following line is only corrupting mankind and should never have been written :
>1 Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
Gold: Locked
Jun 19 2013 03:12pm
Quote (Clockstomper12 @ Jun 19 2013 12:29pm)
It is a "good" (moral) action when this benefit is only incidental, when this benefit is only a side-effect and not the main effect expected at the outset.
The moment you warn someone about whether he's going to be rewarded if he does X action, two scenarii might happen :
-That person will become biased and swayed. Your arousing his desires will result in his action being shallow and calculated, so it is not a good action anymore. (The donkey and the carrot)
-That person's morality matches Kant's ideal and won't be swayed in the slightest, basically making that person a God, but the message isn't directed to God but to us... So, this second case is nothing but a mock case.
Hence why the following line is only corrupting mankind and should never have been written :
>1 Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

So you believe that an action is good iff there is no obvious reward.
Gold: 152.00
Jun 19 2013 03:47pm
Nevermind.

This post was edited by Voyaging on Jun 19 2013 03:52pm
Retired Moderator
Gold: 848.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 19 2013 03:50pm
Quote (Clockstomper12 @ 19 Jun 2013 16:29)

extremely rational.
Perfect your answer.
the only way is moral reform.
become a better person without waiting for heavenly rewards.
Gold: 140.00
Jun 19 2013 05:34pm
You can point out direct evidence to the Christains that the God they worship is merely a creation of Constantine the first. Three hundred years after the death of the actual Christ who's older brother Andrew the Just was in fact the one that led the rebellion against the church of the day. He was stoned to death. Now the story of Jesus mirrors both that of Attis and Horis(Attis and Horis stories predate Jesus by 700 and 1600 years respectively). Yet about two billion people given their lives to this false profit who never once claimed to be the son of God during his life time. Check dead sea scrolls where this supposedly important person, written during the actual time this person walked the earth is mentioned exactly three times and only in reference to his accompanying his brother Andrew the Just on his crusade to change religion to serve the poor and the rich within the same light.

So where you are seeing the Jesus added and in older testiments missing is because Constantine in his rush to amalgamate the Roman Gods with the Christianity movement(which was not Christianity until he named it this). This Roman Emporer killed anyone who could refute this new history. Book burned and over night created the Holy Roman Catholic Church. I am Catholic btw. They screwed up with me when they told me Satin was an Angel called Lucifer who God threw out of the heavens when he disagreed with God on the creation of man and mans place in the heavens being that above Angels. What power does this Angel really have it God the creator of all things could so easily remove Lucifer from heaven?

So in conclusion man is a destroyer of life. God and only God is the creator of all things under the sun. I will not pay a tithe or pray to a God created by a Roman Emporer seventeen hundred plus years ago. I think those of you who have given your lives to serve a false profit are in real danger of losing your soul. The bible warns us all against this in the Book of Genesis.
Gold: 11,700.00
Jun 19 2013 06:38pm
Quote (FoolsgoldDigger @ 19 Jun 2013 23:34)
You can point out direct evidence to the Christains that the God they worship is merely a creation of Constantine the first. Three hundred years after the death of the actual Christ who's older brother Andrew the Just was in fact the one that led the rebellion against the church of the day. He was stoned to death. Now the story of Jesus mirrors both that of Attis and Horis(Attis and Horis stories predate Jesus by 700 and 1600 years respectively). Yet about two billion people given their lives to this false profit who never once claimed to be the son of God during his life time. Check dead sea scrolls where this supposedly important person, written during the actual time this person walked the earth is mentioned exactly three times and only in reference to his accompanying his brother Andrew the Just on his crusade to change religion to serve the poor and the rich within the same light.
So where you are seeing the Jesus added and in older testiments missing is because Constantine in his rush to amalgamate the Roman Gods with the Christianity movement(which was not Christianity until he named it this). This Roman Emporer killed anyone who could refute this new history. Book burned and over night created the Holy Roman Catholic Church. I am Catholic btw. They screwed up with me when they told me Satin was an Angel called Lucifer who God threw out of the heavens when he disagreed with God on the creation of man and mans place in the heavens being that above Angels. What power does this Angel really have it God the creator of all things could so easily remove Lucifer from heaven?
So in conclusion man is a destroyer of life. God and only God is the creator of all things under the sun. I will not pay a tithe or pray to a God created by a Roman Emporer seventeen hundred plus years ago. I think those of you who have given your lives to serve a false profit are in real danger of losing your soul. The bible warns us all against this in the Book of Genesis.

are you claiming that gaining eternal life is a false profit? :lol:
Jun 19 2013 07:43pm
Quote (brmv @ Jun 19 2013 05:38pm)
are you claiming that gaining eternal life is a false profit?  :lol:

I think he can't spell prophet.
Jun 20 2013 06:15am
Quote (BardOfXiix @ 20 Jun 2013 01:43)
I think he can't spell prophet.

pshhhhhhhhhhhhht - normally i do not make any comment when people make typos or similar

but this was just so tempting :D
Jun 20 2013 12:48pm
Quote (brmv @ Jun 20 2013 05:15am)
pshhhhhhhhhhhhht - normally i do not make any comment when people make typos or similar

but this was just so tempting  :D

If their idea is worth considering I'm not going to pick at spelling. But if their inventive use of letters is the least of their failures, I'm not afraid to harangue someone over it, unless they're clearly not native speakers. Feeling confident enough in a foreign language to post on foreign forums gets major props from me.
Jun 21 2013 04:12am
Quote (BardOfXiix @ 20 Jun 2013 18:48)
If their idea is worth considering I'm not going to pick at spelling.  But if their inventive use of letters is the least of their failures, I'm not afraid to harangue someone over it, unless they're clearly not native speakers.  Feeling confident enough in a foreign language to post on foreign forums gets major props from me.

not nice
doubt that 'FoolsgoldDigger' doesn't know the difference between 'prophet' and 'profit' - guess it was more like a freudian slip
but thx for your overall statement

;)

<- not a native speaker
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17475767778Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll