d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1747576777879Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 186.16
Sep 29 2012 07:17pm
Quote (boognis @ Sep 29 2012 08:59pm)
owow, you've really underestimated me on this one... but thx! protip

ty men

...and how does the opinion of one person prove you right? Show me in the BIBLE where I'm wrong. That's how you show me. Bible verses.
Gold: 1.00
Sep 29 2012 07:29pm
aint tryin to prove much but to say.... yes this may not be heaven but this life is most likely the closest we've got coming ;)

I live to grow, and to learn. Why should heaven be any different?

and yes, various people through time have more or less shown that there is heaven on earth (see: jesus). It is only through sinful act that we fall from grace.

This post was edited by boognis on Sep 29 2012 07:30pm
Oct 1 2012 07:37am
Quote (boognis @ Sep 30 2012 01:29am)
aint tryin to prove much but to say.... yes this may not be heaven but this life is most likely the closest we've got coming ;)

I live to grow, and to learn. Why should heaven be any different?

and yes, various people through time have more or less shown that there is heaven on earth (see: jesus). It is only through sinful act that we fall from grace.

We have all sinned and come short of the Glory of God:

Ro 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Because we are all sinners, we can only be saved through accepting the gift of salvation that Jesus Christ provided with His shed blood on the cross, believing in our heart that He died and rose from the dead and confessing it with our mouth:

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Gold: 1.00
Oct 1 2012 09:48am
Have any brown people who don't speak english ever come close to the grace of jesus?
Gold: 55.44
Oct 1 2012 10:15am
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ 1 Oct 2012 15:37)
We have all sinned and come short of the Glory of God:

Ro 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Because we are all sinners, we can only be saved through accepting the gift of salvation that Jesus Christ provided with His shed blood on the cross, believing in our heart that He died and rose from the dead and confessing it with our mouth:

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

This is pure lie.
I agree we are all sinners, but you have to understand what sin means : it means miss the present.
We all miss the present of life, the present moment.
It is hard to understand, because our own minds are hidding us the truth/life (Jesus if you prefer).

Once more this book can help you understand : http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/the-present-with-religion

Here is one more quote, from The Truth About Jesus Christ section :

The virgin birth: Mary probably made up the story of God impregnating her so that she would not be an outcast or stoned to death for being a teenage, unwed mother. She could have been raped by a Roman soldier or some other pervert as were thousands of young women. Back then, the women were penalized more than the rapists. She could have just told a big lie and started Christianity. She would have had to tell Jesus that he was the son of God to keep the lie going, so he grew up really believing God was his father. Jesus was not lying when he said he was the son of God, because he just believed what his mother told him. This inspired him and connected him to the collective unconscious, what he called the Holy Spirit. This gave him the ability to channel all the truth that he did. He looked for the truth in the present, because he believed God, his father, would try to communicate with him. Just thinking this opened up the door to the universal mind and the truth and the life. Jesus was very open-minded and brave.

It is a good example of how a lie can lead to the truth.

The empty tomb:
People say, what about the empty tomb? The Romans could have just taken his body and buried it in an unknown spot, so his grave did not turn into a rallying point for his followers. They usually buried criminals in a common grave with other criminals, and that is what Jesus was to them, so that is probably what happened. There is no reason why they would have treated him differently than any other criminal or troublemaker.

The story of a rich person giving his family tomb to Jesus does not ring true, because no one wanted to show the Romans that they liked Jesus; it could have gotten them in trouble. Jesus did not have any wealthy followers that would stand up for him in any way.

If the rich guy liked Jesus so much, where was he at his trial? If he would not risk showing he was with Jesus to save his life, it makes no sense that he would do it after he was already dead.

The Resurrection: People then say, what about the followers that saw him walking down the road, saw his wounds, talked to him and ate with him after he was supposed to be dead? Why would he eat like a mortal?

Someone could have bribed the guards and got him off the cross before he died, or the Romans let him go, so they would not create a martyr, and he was just leaving town when some of his followers saw him.

He may have not been hurt as bad as the story says, and it may have been longer than three days when he showed up. Some people say that Jesus went to India and lived to a ripe old age and is buried somewhere around Katmandu. The Bhagwan is where I heard that story; search the internet and check it out for yourself. I do not know if it is true, but it makes more sense than the accepted story.

The story: The resurrection story comes from just one place: Paul, and he was not even there, so he could have just made it up to help make the new religion he was promoting more successful.  Paul reveals the most truth and the most BS.

I do not know what happened. No one does, and that is the real truth.
There is no evidence of what happened, just conflicting stories from dubious sources, but the things I state above are possible, and single-sex conception (immaculate conception) and rising from the dead are not.

If Jesus actually did any miracles, like raise the dead, the people that saw them would have followed him and not feared anyone for any reason. The Bible says hundreds of people saw him do miracles. If that was true, he would have had a lot more than twelve followers, and they would not have all acted like they did not know him or betray him as the Bible says they did. It just does not ring true, does it?

The truth is the truth, and Jesus says it is the truth that sets you free.
Gold: 152.00
Oct 1 2012 10:53am
This is the worst thread of all-time.
Oct 1 2012 04:52pm
Quote (boognis @ Oct 1 2012 03:48pm)
Have any brown people who don't speak english ever come close to the grace of jesus?

Many MILLIONS. Christianity didn't come from the White man.
Oct 1 2012 04:56pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Oct 1 2012 04:53pm)
This is the worst thread of all-time.

Quote (Eti_fr @ Oct 1 2012 04:15pm)
This is pure lie.
I agree we are all sinners, but you have to understand what sin means : it means miss the present.
We all miss the present of life, the present moment.
It is hard to understand, because our own minds are hidding us the truth/life (Jesus if you prefer).

Once more this book can help you understand : http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/the-present-with-religion

Here is one more quote, from The Truth About Jesus Christ section :

No What you have said is a pure LIE. It's interesting that your source isn't the Bible. The Bible is the Authority on my Christian beliefs, not some writing from some person who wasn't an eyewitness and lived thousands of years later. Really? You believe them over the Eyewitnesses who wrote the Bible? I believe the eyewitnesses who were actually inspired by God to write His Word.

SIN:

264. amartanw hamartano, ham-ar-tan'-o
Search for 264 in KJV

perhaps from 1 (as a negative particle) and the base of 3313; properly, to miss the mark (and so not share in the prize), i.e. (figuratively) to err, especially (morally) to sin:--for your faults, offend, sin, trespass.
Oct 2 2012 10:30am
So you can see that what you have said is the lie. You have a false definition of what a sin is.
Oct 3 2012 07:38am
Quote (boognis @ Oct 1 2012 03:48pm)

Of course dude, MILLIONS.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1747576777879Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll