d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Censorship Thread
Prev17374757677124Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 30 2019 08:07pm
Quote (fender @ 31 Mar 2019 03:05)
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/25/trump-campaign-issues-memo-to-tv-producers-after-mueller-report.html

ofc no word from the persecuted snowflakes on the right about the administration trying to silence its critics by pressuring news outlets...
where are the 'muh freedom of speech' people (when it comes to defending the hate speech of their fellow cultists) now?

in this particular instance, the people on the list arent critics, they are liars who are proven to spread misinformation.
Gold: 40.42
Mar 30 2019 08:08pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 30 Mar 2019 18:05)
Well, the difference between "its ok to be white" and "white pride" is still quite big. "White pride" implies that ethnicity is something to be proud of, which is a racist stance in and off itself. Moreover, the close allusion of "white pride" to the phrase "gay pride" insinuates that whites are a comparably discriminated or marginalized social group as gay people, which obviously is nonsense. Therefore, "white pride" has a lot more going against it than "its ok to be white".

As far as the general surface, sure. But once you start to scratch deeper, it's pretty obvious that it was grabbed onto and pushed by the Daily Stormer for a reason. It's perfect cover for white supremacists and even if it wasn't originally intended to be used in such a manner, it's definitely been used in such a manner in a number of instances and is thus notable when it comes up, as it's pretty obviously much more than just a politically neutral phrase. As much as people might want to see the left freaking out while centrists think the left are loonies, I just don't really see how anyone is being swayed when so much of the actual practical use of the phrase that has garnered any publicity has so often been in such transparent ways by open racists.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 30 2019 09:16pm
why am i not surprised that the same people who claim every criticism of israel's far right policies is an 'anti-semitic dogwhistle' somehow completely miss the context, origin, and implications of the 'it's ok to be white' slogan, and refuse to acknowledge any meaning beyond the harmless words themselves? reminds me of the 'all lives matter' crowd - i wonder if those people think they are 'cleverly' disguising their bigotry, or if they genuinely don't get it... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_OK_to_be_white

Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ 31 Mar 2019 03:00)
I think that saying "It's not racist, it's just a joke from 4chan that's conveniently easy for racists to use" is a pretty weak justification after the NZ shooting. It's very clear that there's a very poisonous strain of hateful rhetoric for which the 4/8Chan "Haha it's only ironic racism" bullshit is covering up, and I think that it's getting more and more clear to mainstream Americans that this bullshit that is being used to radicalize young men in the West is serious business that deserves pushback.

thank you. it's time to put an end to the retarded 'oh it's just a few innocent memes, i'm just trying to trigger some leftists' myth. nobody in that circle with half a brain could seriously deny the radicalising impact that constant toxicity has on their fellow edgelords and incels. after all, in that particular echo chamber it's a widely shared belief that simply following a certain religion makes you a threat, a lesser human being with a backwards culture, a terrorist...

Quote (Black XistenZ @ 31 Mar 2019 03:07)
in this particular instance, the people on the list arent critics, they are liars who are proven to spread misinformation.

not only is that factually wrong*, even IF it were right, it's still free speech. and what kind of ridiculous excuse is that anyway? trump ACTUALLY lied his fat orange ass off, not only during his campaign, but also during his presidency. he lied more than ANY other modern president, by a significant margin, yet i've never seen you support the idea that he should be silenced for his untruthfulness - double standards through the roof again.

*according to what we know so far, the mueller report finds that there is no evidence of trump directly colluding with russia (the financial ties trump lied about and the close relations his campaign leadership had with russia are conveniently ignored by the cult), and the bizarre celebration of that finding (alongside the numerous attempts to discredit the probe during its existence) perfectly illustrates that it was by no means expected, not even by his most loyal supporters.
the findings concerning the obstruction charges are even weaker. mueller merely concludes the evidence is not sufficient to charge a sitting president. unsurprisingly, you cultists uncritically accepted the transparently biased conclusion of barr (a trump lackey who positioned himself for his job by clearly signaling his unwavering loyalty and willingness to ignore common sense and objectivity, and was ultimately picked exactly for that reason), and hilariously misinterpret it as proof positive of trump's innocence in that regard - that doesn't make it a fact though.
in light of that it certainly was far from far-fetched, unreasonable (let alone a deliberate spreading of misinformation) to come to their conclusions just based off trump's behaviour and statements on national tv (as well as his tweets).
Gold: 2,617.52
Mar 30 2019 09:30pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Mar 30 2019 09:08pm)
As far as the general surface, sure. But once you start to scratch deeper, it's pretty obvious that it was grabbed onto and pushed by the Daily Stormer for a reason. It's perfect cover for white supremacists and even if it wasn't originally intended to be used in such a manner, it's definitely been used in such a manner in a number of instances and is thus notable when it comes up, as it's pretty obviously much more than just a politically neutral phrase. As much as people might want to see the left freaking out while centrists think the left are loonies, I just don't really see how anyone is being swayed when so much of the actual practical use of the phrase that has garnered any publicity has so often been in such transparent ways by open racists.

The black panthers support black lives matter.

Does that make black lives matter wrong?

You really have zero self awareness.
Gold: 12.79
Mar 31 2019 12:24am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Mar 31 2019 02:08am)

:rofl: :rofl: :wallbash:
Gold: 40.42
Mar 31 2019 01:19am
Quote (EndlessSky @ 30 Mar 2019 19:30)

I have very specifically and carefully said that not everyone who uses the phrase deserves to get attacked for it and most folks should be ignored with a simple eye-roll, so I'm not sure exactly what you think you're arguing against.
Gold: 21.93
Mar 31 2019 02:23am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Mar 31 2019 02:30pm)

The black Panthers are nothing like the kkk.
Gold: 2,617.52
Mar 31 2019 04:55pm

Quote (Plaguefear @ Mar 31 2019 03:23am)

:wacko:

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Mar 31 2019 04:56pm
Gold: 1.73
Mar 31 2019 07:36pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ 31 Mar 2019 04:23)

they are pretty much the same
Gold: 28,296.75
Mar 31 2019 07:40pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Mar 31 2019 06:36pm)
they are pretty much the same

kkk were to destroy

panthers were to protect
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17374757677124Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll