d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Got Questions About God? > #1 Can You Really Trust The Bible?
Prev1737475767778Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 11 2013 08:34am
Quote (Generate @ Jun 11 2013 04:59pm)
how did this post get so many replies.

this entire OP is gibberish. his whole argument is based off of fallacies, why even read it all lol

No it isn't.
Gold: 0.31
Jun 13 2013 02:38pm
>Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

What if you follow this rule secretly expecting a reward from God in return ?
(Don't tell me not to practice in front of him, he doesn't... err... I mean, he knows everything anyway, so you can't really conceal your behaviour)
Gold: 7,252.72
Jun 13 2013 02:45pm
Quote (Clockstomper12 @ Jun 13 2013 04:38pm)
>Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

What if you follow this rule secretly expecting a reward from God in return ?
(Don't tell me not to practice in front of him, he doesn't... err... I mean, he knows everything anyway, so you can't really conceal your behaviour)

...Matthew 6 : 1 - 4

New International Version (NIV)

1 Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,

4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Jun 13 2013 02:49pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jun 13 2013 09:45pm)
...Matthew 6 : 1 - 4

New International Version (NIV)

1 Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,

4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Okay, so the hypocrites are rewarded.
Jun 13 2013 02:55pm
Quote (Clockstomper12 @ Jun 13 2013 04:49pm)

...not here to explain Scripture to you , I was simply correcting your post attempt by providing an acceptable form of Bible citation .
Gold: 16.00
Jun 19 2013 07:09am
Funny how this thirty-page thread of pure bullshit got completely debunked by a three-line post, to such an extent WidowMaKer_MK chose to rescue OP from his predicament attempting to derail the debate.
Congrats Clock'.
Jun 19 2013 08:06am
Quote (Duncraig @ Jun 19 2013 09:09am)
Funny how this thirty-page thread of pure bullshit got completely debunked by a three-line post, to such an extent WidowMaKer_MK chose to rescue OP from his predicament attempting to derail the debate.
Congrats Clock'.

...yeah that's it , I tried to derail the thread after 75 pages :bonk:

This post was edited by WidowMaKer_MK on Jun 19 2013 08:07am
Gold: Locked
Jun 19 2013 11:32am
Quote (Clockstomper12 @ Jun 13 2013 01:49pm)

Reading comprehension isn't what gets you into Heaven, so don't practice it in secret.
Jun 19 2013 11:48am
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Jun 19 2013 06:32pm)
Reading comprehension isn't what gets you into Heaven, so don't practice it in secret.

Attempting to be witty and failing miserably at it isn't either.

>1 Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

>Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them
Translation : "Don't be a hypocritical faggot"

>If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
Translation : "However I'm giving you some incentive not to be one"

The problem is, doing something because you were given enough incentive to do so is, deep down, seeking a personal gain ; which means it is not righteous, and pretending it is is the very definition of being a hypocrite.

I don't hold any grudge against you though, I'm aware that your distasteful rebuttal can be traced back to your lack of ability to read between the lines.

Cheers.

This post was edited by Clockstomper12 on Jun 19 2013 11:49am
Gold: Locked
Jun 19 2013 12:57pm
Quote (Clockstomper12 @ Jun 19 2013 10:48am)
Attempting to be witty and  failing miserably at it isn't either.

>1 Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

>Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them
Translation : "Don't be a hypocritical faggot"

>If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
Translation : "However I'm giving you some incentive not to be one"

The problem is, doing something because you were given enough incentive to do so is, deep down, seeking a personal gain ; which means it is not righteous, and pretending it is is the very definition of being a hypocrite.

I don't hold any grudge against you though, I'm aware that your distasteful rebuttal can be traced back to your lack of ability to read between the lines.

Cheers.

Are you claiming that everything that has a benefit for one's self cannot be a good action? That doing something that happens to have a side-effect benefiting you is hypocritical?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1737475767778Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll