d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1737475767779Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 186.16
Sep 25 2012 08:38am
I took Philosophy in College too and was Amazed at how my Catholic Priest College Professor didn't believe the Bible, nor did he know the Bible very well. His teachings were directly contrary to Christianity.
Sep 25 2012 08:34pm
If you haven't yet, please take the time to read this first post, invite Jesus Christ into your life and please vote in the poll.
Sep 27 2012 07:43am
Quote (the_rest @ Sep 21 2012 09:33pm)
I dont believe in Jesus cause he said: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear" Matthew 6:25

His point was that He would take care of them.
Sep 28 2012 07:55am
Quote (lone500 @ Mar 11 2012 03:52am)
how can anyone give advice on how to get there when they have never been there in the first place?

I haven't been to heaven, true, but Jesus Christ HAS been there. He came to this earth, proved who He was through miracles, predicted His own death, burial and resurrection and then died and rose again. He fulfilled hundreds of prophecies of His coming which were written hundreds of years before He was born.
Sep 28 2012 07:08pm
Gold: 1.00
Sep 28 2012 07:25pm
We are all in Heaven. Right now. This is it, boys. Grow up and smell the roses. Grow up and smell the shit. Sa'll good in God's eyes.

Yes, various sins will cloud your judgement and cause you to believe this life is Hell.
Sep 28 2012 07:28pm
"Do as ye will and suffer the consequences."
Sep 29 2012 02:17pm
Quote (boognis @ Sep 29 2012 01:25am)
We are all in Heaven. Right now. This is it, boys. Grow up and smell the roses. Grow up and smell the sh@# a'll good in God's eyes.

Yes, various sins will cloud your judgement and cause you to believe this life is Hell.

According to God's word, this is not true. We are not in heaven or hell. We are on the earth. It's an inbetween.
Gold: 55.44
Sep 29 2012 02:21pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ 28 Sep 2012 15:55)
I haven't been to heaven, true, but Jesus Christ HAS been there.  He came to this earth, proved who He was through miracles, predicted His own death, burial and resurrection and then died and rose again.  He fulfilled hundreds of prophecies of His coming which were written hundreds of years before He was born.

Here is a quote from "The Truth about Jesus Christ" section from http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/the-present-with-religion/ :

The virgin birth: Mary probably made up the story of God impregnating her so that she would not be an outcast or stoned to death for being a teenage, unwed mother. She could have been raped by a Roman soldier or some other pervert as were thousands of young women. Back then, the women were penalized more than the rapists. She could have just told a big lie and started Christianity. She would have had to tell Jesus that he was the son of God to keep the lie going, so he grew up really believing God was his father. Jesus was not lying when he said he was the son of God, because he just believed what his mother told him. This inspired him and connected him to the collective unconscious, what he called the Holy Spirit. This gave him the ability to channel all the truth that he did. He looked for the truth in the present, because he believed God, his father, would try to communicate with him. Just thinking this opened up the door to the universal mind and the truth and the life. Jesus was very open-minded and brave.

It is a good example of how a lie can lead to the truth.

The empty tomb:
People say, what about the empty tomb? The Romans could have just taken his body and buried it in an unknown spot, so his grave did not turn into a rallying point for his followers. They usually buried criminals in a common grave with other criminals, and that is what Jesus was to them, so that is probably what happened. There is no reason why they would have treated him differently than any other criminal or troublemaker.

The story of a rich person giving his family tomb to Jesus does not ring true, because no one wanted to show the Romans that they liked Jesus; it could have gotten them in trouble. Jesus did not have any wealthy followers that would stand up for him in any way.

If the rich guy liked Jesus so much, where was he at his trial? If he would not risk showing he was with Jesus to save his life, it makes no sense that he would do it after he was already dead.

The Resurrection: People then say, what about the followers that saw him walking down the road, saw his wounds, talked to him and ate with him after he was supposed to be dead? Why would he eat like a mortal?

Someone could have bribed the guards and got him off the cross before he died, or the Romans let him go, so they would not create a martyr, and he was just leaving town when some of his followers saw him.

He may have not been hurt as bad as the story says, and it may have been longer than three days when he showed up. Some people say that Jesus went to India and lived to a ripe old age and is buried somewhere around Katmandu. The Bhagwan is where I heard that story; search the internet and check it out for yourself. I do not know if it is true, but it makes more sense than the accepted story.

The story: The resurrection story comes from just one place: Paul, and he was not even there, so he could have just made it up to help make the new religion he was promoting more successful.  Paul reveals the most truth and the most BS.

I do not know what happened. No one does, and that is the real truth.
There is no evidence of what happened, just conflicting stories from dubious sources, but the things I state above are possible, and single-sex conception (immaculate conception) and rising from the dead are not.

If Jesus actually did any miracles, like raise the dead, the people that saw them would have followed him and not feared anyone for any reason. The Bible says hundreds of people saw him do miracles. If that was true, he would have had a lot more than twelve followers, and they would not have all acted like they did not know him or betray him as the Bible says they did. It just does not ring true, does it?

The truth is the truth, and Jesus says it is the truth that sets you free.
Sep 29 2012 02:59pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Sep 29 2012 01:17pm)
According to God's word, this is not true.  We are not in heaven or hell.  We are on the earth.  It's an inbetween.

owow, you've really underestimated me on this one... but thx! protip

Quote (Eti_fr @ Sep 29 2012 01:21pm)
Here is a quote from "The Truth about Jesus Christ" section from http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/the-present-with-religion/  :

ty men

This post was edited by boognis on Sep 29 2012 02:59pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1737475767779Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll