d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Censorship Thread
Prev17273747576124Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 30 2019 07:18pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ 31 Mar 2019 02:08)
I mean, yes, their attempts to mainstream this and put money into it were absolutely instrumental in the media push that created this outcome.

It sounds to me like you've just got this knee-jerk assumption that propaganda that you identify with is 'working,' but I certainly don't see any evidence that there are some kinda centrists who are actually being fooled by this transparent shit. It's no more clever than "OH SO WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE PRIDE, I SEE HOW IT IS"

well, if twitter was banning posts mentioning the word "pride" or if conservative radio talk show hosts were ranting against it, then this would actually become a valid point.

Gold: 40.42
Mar 30 2019 07:19pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 30 Mar 2019 17:18)
well, if twitter was banning posts mentioning the word "pride" or if conservative radio talk show hosts were ranting against it, then this would actually become a valid point.

So you're pointing to Twitter banning accounts who use this phrase and conservative talk show hosts talking as proof that somehow the liberals are upset about this?

Wanna play that one again, slick?

This post was edited by AiNedeSpelCzech on Mar 30 2019 07:20pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Mar 30 2019 07:35pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Mar 30 2019 08:19pm)
So you're pointing to Twitter banning accounts who use this phrase and conservative talk show hosts talking as proof that somehow the liberals are upset about this?

There's the goal posts moving again.
Mar 30 2019 07:37pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ 31 Mar 2019 02:19)

you compared the complaints about censoring/condemning the phrase "its ok to be white" with a purported fake outrage from gay pride activists when you wrote
some kinda centrists who are actually being fooled by this transparent shit. It's no more clever than "OH SO WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE PRIDE, I SEE HOW IT IS"

I answered that such an outcry from gay pride activists would actually become justified if twitter started banning the word "pride" or if talk show hosts were ranting against "pride".

dunno how I could make my point any clearer.
Mar 30 2019 07:48pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ 30 Mar 2019 17:35)
There's the goal posts moving again.

Please explain what goalposts I've moved and precisely how.

Be specific and use examples, plz.

Quote (Black XistenZ @ 30 Mar 2019 17:37)
you compared the complaints about censoring/condemning the phrase "its ok to be white" with a purported fake outrage from gay pride activists when you wrote

I answered that such an outcry from gay pride activists would actually become justified if twitter started banning the word "pride" or if talk show hosts were ranting against "pride".

dunno how I could make my point any clearer.

Uh, I was talking about the phrase "White pride," seems like we had a bit of a miscommunication. I just mean that it's really obvious and transparent that the people who are so excited to use this phrase are either racist or super comfortable being associated with racists and that no one is really fooled any more than they're fooled into thinking "White pride" is innocuous.
Banned
Gold: 0.05
Warn: 70%
Mar 30 2019 07:54pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Mar 30 2019 05:48pm)

Uh, I was talking about the phrase "White pride," seems like we had a bit of a miscommunication. I just mean that it's really obvious and transparent that the people who are so excited to use this phrase are either racist or super comfortable being associated with racists and that no one is really fooled any more than they're fooled into thinking "White pride" is innocuous.

idk why lib snowflakes want to plug there ears anytime they don't like what they hear.... Don't take others freedom of speech away because your sensitive.

Mar 30 2019 07:55pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ 31 Mar 2019 02:48)

Aaaah, now I understand your point. Yes, "white pride" is obviously not an innocent phrase.
Mar 30 2019 08:00pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 30 Mar 2019 17:55)
Aaaah, now I understand your point. Yes, "white pride" is obviously not an innocent phrase.

Yeah, and I know that "It's OK to be white" wasn't meant to be used that way, but after the Daily Stormer and David Duke were responsible for making it popular by using it as a wedge on a few college campuses and putting money behind doing so, it became pretty tainted. I think that the average person who's looking from the sidelines can look at that and say that it's pretty obviously at least 'racist adjacent' and just shrug it off when people see it as being shitty.

I think that saying "It's not racist, it's just a joke from 4chan that's conveniently easy for racists to use" is a pretty weak justification after the NZ shooting. It's very clear that there's a very poisonous strain of hateful rhetoric for which the 4/8Chan "Haha it's only ironic racism" bullshit is covering up, and I think that it's getting more and more clear to mainstream Americans that this bullshit that is being used to radicalize young men in the West is serious business that deserves pushback.
Mar 30 2019 08:05pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ 31 Mar 2019 03:00)
Yeah, and I know that "It's OK to be white" wasn't meant to be used that way, but after the Daily Stormer and David Duke were responsible for making it popular by using it as a wedge on a few college campuses and putting money behind doing so, it became pretty tainted. I think that the average person who's looking from the sidelines can look at that and say that it's pretty obviously at least 'racist adjacent' and just shrug it off when people see it as being shitty.

I think that saying "It's not racist, it's just a joke from 4chan that's conveniently easy for racists to use" is a pretty weak justification after the NZ shooting. It's very clear that there's a very poisonous strain of hateful rhetoric for which the 4/8Chan "Haha it's only ironic racism" bullshit is covering up, and I think that it's getting more and more clear to mainstream Americans that this bullshit that is being used to radicalize young men in the West is serious business that deserves pushback.

Well, the difference between "its ok to be white" and "white pride" is still quite big. "White pride" implies that ethnicity is something to be proud of, which is a racist stance in and off itself. Moreover, the close allusion of "white pride" to the phrase "gay pride" insinuates that whites are a comparably discriminated or marginalized social group as gay people, which obviously is nonsense. Therefore, the phrase "white pride" has a lot more going against it than "its ok to be white".

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 30 2019 08:05pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 30 2019 08:05pm
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/25/trump-campaign-issues-memo-to-tv-producers-after-mueller-report.html

ofc no word from the persecuted snowflakes on the right about the administration trying to silence its critics by pressuring news outlets...
where are the 'muh freedom of speech' people (when it comes to defending the hate speech of their fellow cultists) now?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17273747576124Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll