d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Censorship Thread
Prev17172737475124Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 30 2019 06:58pm
objectively, no sane person can disagree with the statement "it's ok to be white". by sensationalizing it and interpreting it as a racist dog whistle, you play into the hands of actual white supremacists. criticizing this statement necessarily implies the subtext of "it's NOT ok to be white". this will give ordinary, non-racist whites the feeling that liberals and non-whites are out to get them, which will push them towards white supremacists and their narrative that nowadays it is actually the whites who are the oppressed and persecuted social group.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 30 2019 06:59pm
Gold: 12,055.00
Mar 30 2019 07:01pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Mar 30 2019 05:51pm)
Nah, it was a stupid idea that was destined to become a racist dog whistle and which was intentionally popularized by the Daily Stormer and David Duke, like I said above, so that it could be used to help serve as a dog whistle for white nationalists. It did do a fantastic job of muddying the waters because of the fact that there are chumps from 4chan who think that because they created it, that means they can use it without the nasty associations that it has with white supremacists, but that's just incredibly silly and ignores the way the world works.

Yeah no. This is edgy memery that's become very popular on the internet as a counterculture to the mainstream culture. You're part of the crowd that looks for some second and third order connections to nazis and white supremacists to basically silence all that you don't like or disagree with. It's a mistake.
Gold: 40.42
Mar 30 2019 07:02pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 30 Mar 2019 16:58)
objectively, no sane person can disagree with the statement "it's ok to be white". by sensationalizing it and interpreting it as a racist dog whistle, you play into the hands of actual white supremacists. criticizing this statement necessarily implies the subtext of "it's NOT ok to be white". this will give ordinary, non-racist whites the feeling that liberals and non-whites are out to get them, which will push them towards white supremacists and their narrative that nowadays it is actually the whites who are the oppressed and persecuted social group.

Nah, by correctly pointing at its history and pointing out the ways that its used by white supremacists to signal each other, brazen white supremacists get to be torn down and exposed for what they are, sorry.

You can feel free to have your feelings hurt by that, but the average white person can see through that shit just as easily as everyone else. The idea that there are hordes of people who are clucking their tongues in disbelief at the racist left because they call out an obvious dog whistle is a fantasy.

Quote (ofthevoid @ 30 Mar 2019 17:01)
Yeah no. This is edgy memery that's become very popular on the internet as a counterculture to the mainstream culture. You're part of the crowd that looks for some second and third order connections to nazis and white supremacists to basically silence all that you don't like or disagree with. It's a mistake.

Nah, I just look at reality, where that little 4chan meme would have died in the crib if it weren't for the hard work and diligence of DS and Duke.

This post was edited by AiNedeSpelCzech on Mar 30 2019 07:02pm
Gold: 260.11
Mar 30 2019 07:05pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 30 2019 06:58pm)

objectively, no sane person can disagree with the statement "black lives matter". by sensationalizing it and interpreting it as a racist dog whistle, you play into the hands of actual white supremacists. criticizing this statement necessarily implies the subtext of "black lives DON'T matter". this will give ordinary, non-racist blacks the feeling that conservatives and whites are out to get them, which will push them towards black supremacists and their narrative that nowadays it is actually the whites that are oppressing them
Mar 30 2019 07:06pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Mar 30 2019 06:02pm)
Nah, by correctly pointing at its history and pointing out the ways that its used by white supremacists to signal each other, brazen white supremacists get to be torn down and exposed for what they are, sorry.

You can feel free to have your feelings hurt by that, but the average white person can see through that shit just as easily as everyone else. The idea that there are hordes of people who are clucking their tongues in disbelief at the racist left because they call out an obvious dog whistle is a fantasy.

Nah, I just look at reality, where that little 4chan meme would have died in the crib if it weren't for the hard work and diligence of DS and Duke.

Did David Duke force media companies to publish articles about this meme? Did he force schools to make public declarations and feign outrage at something that they could just removed just as easily as any other graffiti?

Like I said you and your kin took the bait. The 4chan trolls are running circles around the SJWs and tbh it's hilarious to watch.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Mar 30 2019 07:06pm
Mar 30 2019 07:08pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 30 Mar 2019 17:06)
Did David Duke force media companies to publish articles about this meme? Did he force schools to make public declarations and feign outrage at something that they can just removed just as easily as any other graffiti?

Like I said you and your kin took the bait. The 4chan trolls are running circles around the SJWs and tbh it's hilarious to watch.

I mean, yes, their attempts to mainstream this and put money into it were absolutely instrumental in the media push that created this outcome.

It sounds to me like you've just got this knee-jerk assumption that propaganda that you identify with is 'working,' but I certainly don't see any evidence that there are some kinda centrists who are actually being fooled by this transparent shit. It's no more clever than "OH SO WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE PRIDE, I SEE HOW IT IS"
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 30 2019 07:13pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 31 Mar 2019 02:05)
objectively, no sane person can disagree with the statement "black lives matter". by sensationalizing it and interpreting it as a racist dog whistle, you play into the hands of actual white supremacists. criticizing this statement necessarily implies the subtext of "black lives DON'T matter". this will give ordinary, non-racist blacks the feeling that conservatives and whites are out to get them, which will push them towards black supremacists and their narrative that nowadays it is actually the whites that are oppressing them

unlike BLM, "it's ok to be white" is not a social movement with visible leaders and a clear political agenda, it's just an internet meme. one with malicious intent, but still nothing more than a meme. if it was a proper political movement, one could of course attach these words to the movement and its agenda.

Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ 31 Mar 2019 02:02)

the vast majority of people will never have heard of this meme or its context, so unless you have discernible racists using it in public as some sort of "Heil Hitler"-substitute, leftists being triggered by those words will just cause confusion and dismissal.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 30 2019 07:14pm
Mar 30 2019 07:15pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 30 Mar 2019 17:13)
unlike BLM, "it's ok to be white" is not a social movement with visible leaders and a clear political agenda, it's just an internet meme. one with malicious intent, but still nothing more than a meme. if it was a proper political movement, one could of course attach these words to the movement and its agenda.

the vast majority of people will never have heard of this meme or its context, so unless you have open racists using it in public as some sort of "Heil Hitler"-substitute, leftists being triggered by those words will just cause confusion and dismissal.

Again, you can call it 'triggered' all you want, but it's just a matter of pointing at it and saying "Oh hey look, it's a thing that racists often say as a rallying cry." Can you point out exactly what it is you mean by people being triggered?
Mar 30 2019 07:15pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Mar 30 2019 06:08pm)
I mean, yes, their attempts to mainstream this and put money into it were absolutely instrumental in the media push that created this outcome.

It sounds to me like you've just got this knee-jerk assumption that propaganda that you identify with is 'working,' but I certainly don't see any evidence that there are some kinda centrists who are actually being fooled by this transparent shit. It's no more clever than "OH SO WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE PRIDE, I SEE HOW IT IS"

Lmao, what a time to be alive. 'it's okay to be white' is now propaganda for white supremacists. I never even heard of the phrase until it was published by the media that some schools started hyperventilating about it being offensive and how schools are safe spaces :rofl: as if this phrase is threatening.

I've been in bathrooms that had actual offensive & racist words and yet no one gives a fuck about those, they just get painted over and life goes on, yet this phrase is causing such a stir? LOL
Mar 30 2019 07:17pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 30 Mar 2019 17:15)
Lmao, what a time to be alive. 'it's okay to be white' is now propaganda for white supremacists. I never even heard of the phrase until it was published by the media that some schools started hyperventilating about it being offensive and how schools are safe spaces :rofl: as if this phrase is threatening.

I've been in bathrooms that had actual offensive & racist words and yet no one gives a fuck about those, they just get painted over and life goes on, yet this phrase is causing such a stir? LOL

I mean, I don't think it's causing all that much of a stir. As far as I can see, Goomshill made a comment about it with no substantiation, I asked him to back it up, and people decided to freak out and act like leftists are overreacting to it.

It sure seems a lot like you're really desperate to declare victory over this lil meaningless phrase while also distancing yourself from it, and it's a kinda funny dance but I've no idea where you're coming from with this declaration of victory.

Quote (ofthevoid @ 30 Mar 2019 17:15)
I've been in bathrooms that had actual offensive & racist words

Also, weird flex but ok

This post was edited by AiNedeSpelCzech on Mar 30 2019 07:17pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17172737475124Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll