d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev17127137147157161167Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 580.00
Dec 6 2023 10:56am
Quote (Bazi @ 6 Dec 2023 18:52)
I think a point that is consistently missed is it’s not as easy to just clear out and move as you are making it out to be. It’s not like journalists are wanting to die and you have what >50 dead journalists since this recent conflict? It’s a historically high number. This is akin to real life mushroom mix up from n64 Mario party lol

There are no foreign journalists in Gaza
Its all Hamas propaganda
Gold: 4,575.69
Dec 6 2023 11:01am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Dec 6 2023 08:30am)
Imagine Israel concentrating Palestinians in South and then start bombing South too... Nah I can't believe they would do that it would be just fucking inhuman.

Gazans are done for.

They have one option. Lay down their arms and give themselves up to Israel to face justice in their courts of law, and give up all information on their Hamas brothers and sisters.

Refusal means they will be destroyed.

This really isn't a difficult choice for them.
Gold: 45,714.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 6 2023 11:01am
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 6 2023 04:44pm)
this is base level revisionist history. israel issued an evacuation order of gaza city, then bombed gaza city. israel then later issued more evacuation orders for eastern regions, and bombed them. israel has continually issued evacuation orders, then bombed.

i dont support evacuations on this scale, and i dont support bombings. but be precise. there's nothing vague about saying "this square mile must be cleared, it will be bombed" then bombing it. this is the least vague treatment im aware of in terms of a war. they're giving advanced notice daily.

as to what the UN says, who cares? what is it 1991? the UN isn't important, at all. what they say is a joke, and has been for 20+ years. they're the fox news or CNN of governance. "no where is safe", i addressed this in the first 20 pages of this thread when i advocated for people to drop everything and heed the evacuation orders even if it was also dangerous. because when israel says bombs are coming they are coming.

its not revisionist history, it is Israel moving the goalposts. to reiterate: If you tell a large population to move, and move south, the idea is they are now out of harms way once moved. it is not revisionist to cry foul when the south is then bombed, I would contest that it is rather a fair question to ask at this point as to what is israels plan / goals.

Quote (Many_Names @ Dec 6 2023 04:56pm)
There are no foreign journalists in Gaza
Its all Hamas propaganda

what is your definition of a foreign journalist ?

This post was edited by ferdia on Dec 6 2023 11:02am
Dec 6 2023 11:07am
Quote (ferdia @ 6 Dec 2023 19:01)
its not revisionist history, it is Israel moving the goalposts. to reiterate: If you tell a large population to move, and move south, the idea is they are now out of harms way once moved. it is not revisionist to cry foul when the south is then bombed, I would contest that it is rather a fair question to ask at this point as to what is israels plan / goals.

Anyone who is not Gazan

If you move population and their terrorist move under them again we will move them again or maybe you suggesting we should ceasefire and let Hamas get away with it
They have no where to run and we will reach each and every one of the terrorists who participated on October 7th.
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 6 2023 11:13am
Quote (Many_Names @ 6 Dec 2023 17:50)
Fact is you dont know how many civilians vs combatants

We have some kind of a "modelization" with the two last decades..............................
Dec 6 2023 11:15am
Quote (Meanwhile @ 6 Dec 2023 19:13)
We have some kind of a "modelization" with the two last decades..............................

Thank you for the confirmation
Gold: 2,504.69
Dec 6 2023 11:34am
Quote (Bazi @ Dec 6 2023 10:52am)
I think a point that is consistently missed is it’s not as easy to just clear out and move as you are making it out to be. It’s not like journalists are wanting to die and you have what >50 dead journalists since this recent conflict? It’s a historically high number. This is akin to real life mushroom mix up from n64 Mario party lol

Quote (ferdia @ Dec 6 2023 11:01am)

combining responses:

its not easy at all, and ive never tried to make it out to be easy or a fun thing. but its literally that or die for people who live in the north of gaza. but there's nuance, because i read people all day saying "there is no escape!" when in reality it was literally a 20 min walk to escape the first mandated evacuation zone, where 95%+ of the bombing in phase 1 took place.

im not a sith lord so i dont speak in absolutes, obviously israel has bombed outside of the mandated evacuation zones, but a VERY high % are dropped in those zones. that's pretty astounding in a war, unheard of really.

so we're not talking about a cruel oppressors with no value for human life, we're talking about a cruel game of hot potato where you're constantly displaced in an attempt to stay safe, likely malnourished and running short on water intake as this happens. thats why i disagree with it, entirely in context being as fair to israel as you can factually be, they're still shitty. but people in the first 50 pages of this thread claiming its hopeless to evacuate gaza? gross imo. that mentality could be responsible for tens of thousands of lives, why bother mentality could fill a stadium with corpses. some lower % may have still died on the road, or in camps, or from hamas, or from IDF ground forces, or thirst. but they wouldnt be kids pulled from a pile of gaza city rubble. hospital workers and patients couldnt leave, elderly people or handicapped people sure. but middle aged parents with kids, if they stayed there that was a dire mistake. their either foolish or willing martyrs. israel doesnt give bomb warnings without follow through, they're not north korea.
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 6 2023 12:48pm
Quote (Many_Names @ 6 Dec 2023 18:15)
Thank you for the confirmation

How many children have been killed in the Israeli bombings on Gaza in last 3 months is a good question, any decent human being would be curious of the answer.
Gold: 4,921.71
Dec 6 2023 12:49pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 6 2023 11:34am)
combining responses:

its not easy at all, and ive never tried to make it out to be easy or a fun thing. but its literally that or die for people who live in the north of gaza. but there's nuance, because i read people all day saying "there is no escape!" when in reality it was literally a 20 min walk to escape the first mandated evacuation zone, where 95%+ of the bombing in phase 1 took place.

im not a sith lord so i dont speak in absolutes, obviously israel has bombed outside of the mandated evacuation zones, but a VERY high % are dropped in those zones. that's pretty astounding in a war, unheard of really.

so we're not talking about a cruel oppressors with no value for human life, we're talking about a cruel game of hot potato where you're constantly displaced in an attempt to stay safe, likely malnourished and running short on water intake as this happens. thats why i disagree with it, entirely in context being as fair to israel as you can factually be, they're still shitty. but people in the first 50 pages of this thread claiming its hopeless to evacuate gaza? gross imo. that mentality could be responsible for tens of thousands of lives, why bother mentality could fill a stadium with corpses. some lower % may have still died on the road, or in camps, or from hamas, or from IDF ground forces, or thirst. but they wouldnt be kids pulled from a pile of gaza city rubble. hospital workers and patients couldnt leave, elderly people or handicapped people sure. but middle aged parents with kids, if they stayed there that was a dire mistake. their either foolish or willing martyrs. israel doesnt give bomb warnings without follow through, they're not north korea.

Yeah, I understand your perspective and stance, and it is logical. However, there are many that only can see absolutes and my comment was mainly aimed to that mindset
Gold: 1,453.85
Warn: 10%
Dec 6 2023 12:53pm
Quote (El1te @ Dec 6 2023 09:01am)
Gazans are done for.

They have one option. Lay down their arms and give themselves up to Israel to face justice in their courts of law, and give up all information on their Hamas brothers and sisters.

Refusal means they will be destroyed.

This really isn't a difficult choice for them.

None of this would have happened if Israelis didn't forcibly settle themselves in that region.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17127137147157161167Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll