d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev17107117127137143169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 500.00
Aug 21 2016 11:32am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 21 2016 12:27pm)
A year and one month

ah didn't read the year, kk makes more sense

Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Aug 21 2016 12:27pm)
13 months, and you really have got to stop with this 10 posts per page garbage

default settings >
Gold: 40.42
Aug 21 2016 11:33am
Quote (Happypuppy @ 21 Aug 2016 09:32)
I like Trump more than Hillary because he says funny things that piss people off and gets lots of media attention. I actually wish he turned it up a couple notches. If he does become president I want world politics to become like a jerry springer show or wwe with trash talking. The current state of politics is boring and people don't speak their minds

"Im a Ritalin popping child who needs everything to be fun and who knows nothing about issues."
Gold: 500.00
Aug 21 2016 11:35am
Quote (Happypuppy @ Aug 21 2016 12:32pm)
I like Trump more than Hillary because he says funny things that piss people off and gets lots of media attention. I actually wish he turned it up a couple notches. If he does become president I want world politics to become like a jerry springer show or wwe with trash talking. The current state of politics is boring and people don't speak their minds

i'll settle for this if we can't get international political dialogue that looks like youtube comments

This post was edited by duffman316 on Aug 21 2016 11:35am
Gold: 1,497.83
Aug 21 2016 11:36am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Aug 21 2016 12:33pm)
"Im a Ritalin popping child who needs everything to be fun and who knows nothing about issues."

Too many issues and serious old people who care too much, needs more fun and entertainment for younger folks. Trump is perfect for that
Gold: 0.00
Aug 21 2016 11:38am
Quote (Happypuppy @ Aug 21 2016 12:36pm)
Too many issues and serious old people who care too much, needs more fun and entertainment for younger folks. Trump is perfect for that

The most electrifying Presidential candidate ever !
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 21 2016 11:40am
Quote (dro94 @ Aug 21 2016 10:58am)
If Hitler didn't attack on 2 fronts and the US didn't intervene, we'd be speaking German in the UK and France right now. But Hitler did attack on 2 fronts, and the catastrophic German defeats on the Eastern front in that horribly cold winter was instrumental in their defeat.

I'm not playing down US importance, I'm bigging up the Russians. We all contributed but they contributed more, that is an irrefutable fact.

I think that Hitler's two front push into Russia was due to the US's intervention. Obviously not in the sense that it was a retreat from the big bad American's, but he knew if he only stayed in western Europe he'd slowly lose territory from the east until he was pinched with no escape. I mean that's what happened anyways but if you don't try to escape a flank it could be worse. But in the above scenario, without the US in the pacific Japan is free to maneuver. Which is why i think in that same scenario, in a hypothetical where the Us stays truly neutral, Japan gives the support to Germany in western Europe / central Europe once the Russians make it to that theater, assuming Hitler doesn't invade Russia.

Why have to ask ourselves why else Japan goaded the US if not to prevent an earlier intervention in Europe, or in a best case to prevent it altogether.

I mean its all a bit of a tossup when you start throwing around hypotheticals, but I won't downplay Russia's role in the war. They lost more and fought more bravely than any other army in the war IMO. The stories of one soldier receiving a rifle and the next receiving a box of bullets are hair raising stuff.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 21 2016 11:41am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 21 2016 11:48am
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 21 2016 12:40pm)
I think that Hitler's two front push into Russia was due to the US's intervention. Obviously not in the sense that it was a retreat from the big bad American's, but he knew if he only stayed in western Europe he'd slowly lose territory from the east until he was pinched with no escape. I mean that's what happened anyways but if you don't try to escape a flank it could be worse. But in the above scenario, without the US in the pacific Japan is free to maneuver. Which is why i think in that same scenario, in a hypothetical where the Us stays truly neutral, Japan gives the support to Germany in western Europe / central Europe once the Russians make it to that theater, assuming Hitler doesn't invade Russia.

Why have to ask ourselves why else Japan goaded the US if not to prevent an earlier intervention in Europe, or in a best case to prevent it altogether.

I mean its all a bit of a tossup when you start throwing around hypotheticals, but I won't downplay Russia's role in the war. They lost more and fought more bravely than any other army in the war IMO. The stories of one soldier receiving a rifle and the next receiving a box of bullets are hair raising stuff.

Don't forget to mention that the Russian soldiers freed a bunch of refugees in the camps. That's not all they did was free them many of the soldiers raped the women. Given the nod from Stalin to do so. Russians are sub human people in my honest opinion well at least that generation was according to history. Oh and if it wasn't for a nasty winter Russia would of lost that war
Gold: 3.33
Aug 21 2016 12:00pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 21 2016 06:40pm)

M8 the consensus amongst historians is that Russia was by far the greatest contributor to the demise of the Nazi's. If American history books don't reflect that you still don't have an excuse because you could just research this information online, like right now maybe...
Gold: 1,497.83
Aug 21 2016 12:08pm
Quote (stimpy6298 @ Aug 21 2016 12:38pm)
The most electrifying Presidential candidate ever !

You guys gave me an idea... if he becomes president he should have a spinoff of the apprentice where he brings on other politicians, international leaders, etc. to discuss issues and keep the public 'informed'. Could be a nightly thing

Walk out WWE style with music and everything too :rofl:

Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 21 2016 12:13pm
Quote (dro94 @ Aug 21 2016 12:00pm)
M8 the consensus amongst historians is that Russia was by far the greatest contributor to the demise of the Nazi's. If American history books don't reflect that you still don't have an excuse because you could just research this information online, like right now maybe...

We're having a discussion about who was more important, number 1 or number 2, in a 20+ nation field. I'm not trying to make some ridiculous case, nor downplay the role of the #2. A large part of the nod Russia gets is due to the failed campaign there which was heavily aided by winter, a circumstance they didn't control, and the feel good story of the Red army sweeping west and liberating concentration and POW camps. Also Russia had more influence early into the war. Like i said I think russia sacrificed more and perhaps gave more to the war effort than any other country. They were instrumental on both fronts and essentially presented a 3rd front that rarely gets discussed.

I think the answer to who was more influential should be answered through the prospective hypothetical of what would happen if either was neutral. In which case IMO the war would have gone worse if the US hadn't entered. But its not a runaway win, its still close. Really we have to ask would Russia be tied up with Japan in a sans-US war? What would Japan's campaign have looked like in a sans-US war? Would Germany have employed a 2 front effort in a sans-US war?

I played it all out on a RISK board in my head just now, so that's pretty scientific.

Quote (stimpy6298 @ Aug 21 2016 11:48am)
Don't forget to mention that the Russian soldiers freed a bunch of refugees in the camps. That's not all they did was free them many of the soldiers raped the women. Given the nod from Stalin to do so. Russians are sub human people in my honest opinion well at least that generation was according to history. Oh and if it wasn't for a nasty winter Russia would of lost that war

Stop using anecdotal information to confirm your pretty terrible biases. The Russian people were instrumental to the win in WW2 and gave more lives and sacrificed more as an industrial nation for the war than we did in terms of blood, sweat, and tears. If you suggest otherwise its because you don't know your history or read a book with a cold war tinge to the events to spurn the russians. There is a reason the US and Russia rose to equal super powers for half a decade, they were our peers.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 21 2016 12:15pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17107117127137143169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll