d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev17107117127137141168Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11.11
Dec 6 2023 09:29am
Quote (Many_Names @ Dec 6 2023 10:19am)
Move on… they raped and they mutilated and killed after they were done playing with them.

Israel has nothing to do with 9/11… we have brains in our heads
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67629181

Because I live in the west I am familiar with the savagery that Islam brings. I wouldn't doubt for a second that hamas would rape innocent Israeli civilians given the chance.

However I am also aware of israels tendency to embellish historical facts to suit their political needs, so I will await verified non Israeli sources to see whether or not hamas was organ-harvesting it's victims.

Also you probably don't wana go down the 9/11 rabbit hole with me, it would be better for Israeli interests if you didn't.
Gold: 580.00
Dec 6 2023 09:31am
Quote (zorzin @ 6 Dec 2023 17:29)
Because I live in the west I am familiar with the savagery that Islam brings. I wouldn't doubt for a second that hamas would rape innocent Israeli civilians given the chance.

However I am also aware of israels tendency to embellish historical facts to suit their political needs, so I will await verified non Israeli sources to see whether or not hamas was organ-harvesting it's victims.

Also you probably don't wana go down the 9/11 rabbit hole with me, it would be better for Israeli interests if you didn't.
https://i.postimg.cc/FzXcCnvy/1701786920615796.png

Thank you for your advice

This post was edited by Many_Names on Dec 6 2023 09:33am
Gold: 2,504.69
Dec 6 2023 09:46am
Quote (ferdia @ Dec 6 2023 09:22am)
well, 15000 dead, and you captured 20 Hamas fighters as of the end of last month. You dispute the 15,000 figure right ? Do you dispute the 20 captured figure ? Understand I am not talking about the 100's of Palestinians that are being rounded up daily, I am talking about Hamas prisoners of war.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/israeli-army-says-it-captured-more-than-20-hamas-members-in-gaza/3051983
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israels-most-wanted-three-hamas-commanders-gaza-it-must-kill-2023-12-01/

is it a case of, free all remaining hostages, or else have their bodies returned, and kill the 3 leaders as referenced in the above link. is that the goal?

I think I read that Israel intends to occupy Gaza after this war but that the US and the International community are opposed to this. what is your view on this?

"occupation" is a buzzword.

israel had zero soldiers in the entire gaza strip before october 7th, but people called them "occupiers". if israel pulls out all soldiers they'll still be called "occupiers", because you can bet your ass they're not going to stop blockading shipments in to filter out rocket fuel supplies.

what that occupation looks like matters. will they run a police state in truth? will they have stationed green zones? will they simply blockade and cede the territory back to gazans? will they facilitate an election for the new govt post-hamas? will they install their own islamist govt with cooperation of the west bank? unclear, maybe even to the israeli upper brass.
Gold: 32,517.50
Dec 6 2023 09:46am
Quote (ferdia @ Dec 6 2023 03:03pm)
I dont know what your statement means. As I understand it, the IDF presumes that there are over 30,000 Hamas fighters. Are you suggesting these will all be dead? or what do you mean when you say there will be no Hamas after this war ? Hamas leadership as I understand it is not in Israel, can we expect Israel to destroy Hamas leadership outside of Israel ? I dont understand what winning looks like for Israel.

Is the IDF taking large numbers of Hamas prisoners (or any prisoners?) when they are attacking Gaza or what are the rules of engagement?

Is there anywhere where I can see a list of Israel's current goals, as they seem to be different from what I thought they were originally.

I found this: "The government has given the Israeli military two objectives:

1. to dismantle Hamas, including its infrastructure and operational capabilities <-- I am struggling to understand how Israel is going to do this, its like trying to fill a bucket that has a hole in it.
2. and to bring home the hostages

[chief spokesperson Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari]

At bold, what are you struggling with? The Gaza strip is around 140 square miles. And only around a quarter of that area has critical Hamas infrastructure.
Israels olympic water polo team could subdue that area given enough time and resources. The IDF will make sure Hamas' remaining capability, if any remains at all, is as low as possible.
Gold: 45,659.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 6 2023 09:49am
Quote (Many_Names @ Dec 6 2023 03:28pm)
I am sorry I am not worried about Hamas militants…
I dont know how many been killed overall and so are you.
what we do know is what l IDF said - more than 6000 militants were killed

I am what ?

Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 6 2023 03:46pm)
"occupation" is a buzzword.

israel had zero soldiers in the entire gaza strip before october 7th, but people called them "occupiers". if israel pulls out all soldiers they'll still be called "occupiers", because you can bet your ass they're not going to stop blockading shipments in to filter out rocket fuel supplies.

what that occupation looks like matters. will they run a police state in truth? will they have stationed green zones? will they simply blockade and cede the territory back to gazans? will they facilitate an election for the new govt post-hamas? will they install their own islamist govt with cooperation of the west bank? unclear, maybe even to the israeli upper brass.

I genuinely think it would do Israel a lot of good if it was very clear on what its goals were, and stop being vague. What it is currently doing looks very indiscriminate, regardless of the precision used.

This post was edited by ferdia on Dec 6 2023 09:50am
Dec 6 2023 09:51am
Quote (ferdia @ 6 Dec 2023 17:49)
I am what ?

I genuinely think it would do Israel a lot of good if it was very clear on what its goals were, and stop being vague. What it is currently doing looks very indiscriminate, regardless of the precision used.

You dont know how many been killed
And even if you did you wouldnt know how many militants
Dec 6 2023 09:52am
Quote (Many_Names @ Dec 6 2023 03:51pm)
You dont know how many been killed
And even if you did you wouldnt know how many militants

yes ok, ty for clarification. I dont disagree with you on this point.

This post was edited by ferdia on Dec 6 2023 09:52am
Gold: 2,504.69
Dec 6 2023 09:57am
Quote (ferdia @ Dec 6 2023 09:49am)
I am what ?

their aims aren't vague, idk why that's a narrative. they basically gave gazans a map of where would be bombed and invaded. they've stated they'll obliterate the tunnel areas, and remove hamas' ability to create rockets, and train new recruits. they invaded those areas, bombed the training camps, and released videos of tunnels before announcing the tunnels were sealed with cement.

they cant say "1-2 years from now here's out plan for the govt of gaza", because they don't know what to do there. west bank authorities are in spin PR mode. trying to prop up demonstrations to get their people released, stand in solidarity with gaza, and try and keep the peace. threading the eye of the needle. but make no mistake they'd love to get into governing gaza if the circumstances were right. a unified palestine is far more effectual towards a 2 state solution for them. the circumstances matter a lot, though, and that can't be calculated mid war.

are gazans open to west bank governance? how much of gaza city will remain? will there be israeli and/or international support in fuel, food, water, and money? how will nations like iran and qatar react? these questions are all moving targets atm.
Dec 6 2023 10:01am
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 6 2023 03:57pm)
their aims aren't vague, idk why that's a narrative. they basically gave gazans a map of where would be bombed and invaded. they've stated they'll obliterate the tunnel areas, and remove hamas' ability to create rockets, and train new recruits. they invaded those areas, bombed the training camps, and released videos of tunnels before announcing the tunnels were sealed with cement.

they cant say "1-2 years from now here's out plan for the govt of gaza", because they don't know what to do there. west bank authorities are in spin PR mode. trying to prop up demonstrations to get their people released, stand in solidarity with gaza, and try and keep the peace. threading the eye of the needle. but make no mistake they'd love to get into governing gaza if the circumstances were right. a unified palestine is far more effectual towards a 2 state solution for them. the circumstances matter a lot, though, and that can't be calculated mid war.

are gazans open to west bank governance? how much of gaza city will remain? will there be israeli and/or international support in fuel, food, water, and money? how will nations like iran and qatar react? these questions are all moving targets atm.

There is a disconnect with your statement and what the UN is saying. The UN is now saying nowhere in Gaza is safe. Is it not a fact that the IDF is now carrying out operations in places other then northern gaza ? I observe the rest of your comments but have no response related to same (I can respond if you want me to). i.e. they said move south, palestinians moved south. now the south is being bombed. therefore "move south, be safe" is at best, vague.

This post was edited by ferdia on Dec 6 2023 10:05am
Dec 6 2023 10:01am
Quote (thesnipa @ 6 Dec 2023 17:57)

After 2 states they will want 3 states and eventually try to eradicate israelis again mark my words
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17107117127137141168Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll