d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev17071727374443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 19 2018 02:00pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 19 Sep 2018 21:56)
the reason I wanted kav from Trumps list to begin with is because he is probably least likely to participate in getting rid of RvW

I don't think it's very likely and it would be a zoo if they ever took it up

I really don't think he or the court is truly a threat to it at this time

overturning RvW would turn a majority of the public against the court for decades. I really dont think they would want to risk this for an issue that probably isnt too high on their personal wish list.
imho, roberts would defect from the conservative side to uphold RvW in order to protect the integrity and reputation of the court, just like he did with obamacare.
Gold: 13,704.02
Sep 19 2018 02:03pm
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 02:53pm)
If rowe vs wade is repealed that will be taking america backwards, also ACA implications, more dark/foreign money in politics, want me to go on? Those are all steps in the wrong direction in my opinion.

There is absolutely no evidence he would repeal RvW - or that 4 other justices would as well - this is just fear mongering.

ACA implications? Pretty vauge - not going to touch that one.

more dark/forein money in politics - wtf does this even mean? Why do you think BK would cause politics to be more corrupt than it is now?

Yes, I want you to go on...... you sad nothing of substance as usual. You can't even regurgitate the bullshit articles you read on HuffPo, WaPo, and Vox

Terrible.
Gold: 13,704.02
Sep 19 2018 02:04pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 19 2018 02:56pm)
the reason I wanted kav from Trumps list to begin with is because he is probably least likely to participate in getting rid of RvW

This is the only thing i've seen you post in a week that makes sense.

Kudos.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 19 2018 02:04pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 19 2018 03:56pm)

Quote (CNBC)
Donald Trump said the overturning of the landmark Supreme Court decision giving women the right to abortion "will happen, automatically," if he is elected president and gets to appoint justices to the high court.

"I am pro-life," Trump said during Wednesday night's presidential debate when asked whether he wanted that decision, Roe v. Wade, reversed by the Supreme Court.

Trump said that if the ruling were to be reversed, laws on the legality or illegality of abortion would "go back to the individual states" to decide, which was the case prior to Roe v. Wade.

But when moderator Chris Wallace pressed him on whether he wanted the ruling overturned, Trump said, "That will happen, automatically in my opinion," because he would get to nominate potentially several justices to the court.

Dang, guess Trump & Pence are going to be disappointed :/
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 19 2018 02:08pm
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 01:04pm)

many pro life/religious conservatives wanted barrett

why?

because although I personally don't think it's in real danger she would have been the most likely to put it in more danger

Trump didn't pick her

now a debate could be had as to why perhaps involving his own investigation but still at the end of the day he went with one of the best of his list and not the most conservative or dangerous to RvW

which is a big reason why he should be confirmed (assuming other accusations don't start flooding in)
Sep 19 2018 02:09pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 19 2018 03:56pm)
you should read a book on the USSC and how it works. you might not change your stance but you'll at least understand the fundamental change to how the US govt works that you're ignorantly in favor of. 5C-4P is objectively the best makeup. and it has nothing to do with demographics, it has to do with how incremental change works and why that's best for a court that sets precedent for the entire nation. you seem to have some pretty serious biases that you can't get past.

as to the NYMag survey, thats a hard pass from me dog. i actually thought you had something.

It's Pew Research... a supposed "nonpartisan" fact tank... if you're scared to look at it because it'll fit my narrative and not yours i don't blame you.
Sep 19 2018 02:11pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 19 2018 04:08pm)
many pro life/religious conservatives wanted barrett

why?

because although I personally don't think it's in real danger she would have been the most likely to put it in more danger

Trump didn't pick her

now a debate could be had as to why perhaps involving his own investigation but still at the end of the day he went with one of the best of his list and not the most conservative or dangerous to RvW

which is a big reason why he should be confirmed (assuming other accusations don't start flooding in)

Oh i know that, she wouldve been a nightmare, we was in some christian cultlike thing i read about, kavanaugh was a better choice in regards to getting a nominee confirmed.

And you bring up a good point about kavanaugh and the Mueller investigation, another reason of many why i don't want him in.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 19 2018 02:12pm
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 02:04pm)

Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 02:09pm)
It's Pew Research... a supposed "nonpartisan" fact tank... if you're scared to look at it because it'll fit my narrative and not yours i don't blame you.

i thought you might have a paper with compiled research on changing demographics, perhaps some interesting implications on the causes of technology on younger demographics with a tie in to social media.

if all you've got is a survey and article it's not worth talking about, nor worth you bringing up as inarguable fact. what the point when you have a "ill take the good with the bad" stance on the historically idiotic ideas of young people. young people are credible on issues that require empathy, that's it. they're not pragmatic and they're short sighted.
Gold: 5.77
Sep 19 2018 02:12pm
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 01:04pm)

It's funny seeing Donald Trump say he's pro-life and will overturn RvW. Dude has paid for more abortions than he can even count.

But that's the United States for you. Rich people don't need to follow the laws. Only poor people do.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 19 2018 02:14pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Sep 19 2018 02:12pm)
It's funny seeing Donald Trump say he's pro-life and will overturn RvW. Dude has paid for more abortions than he can even count.

But that's the United States for you. Rich people don't need to follow the laws. Only poor people do.

if abortion was illegal he would just pay child support and still have enough money to buy your family's slaves with cash left in hand to put them in yeezys.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17071727374443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll