d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Election Was Rigged, Trap Was Set, Its Coming
Prev17017027037047051965Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 63.70
Jan 9 2021 07:07am
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 9 2021 12:59pm)
Just pretend Twitter is a Christian Bakery and Trump is a gay wedding cake. An analogy you might understand.

main stream social media is controlled, the ceo's puppet heads, this is all orchestrated

Gold: 6,061.70
Jan 9 2021 07:22am
Quote (Skinned @ 9 Jan 2021 04:59)
Just pretend Twitter is a Christian Bakery and Trump is a gay wedding cake. An analogy you might understand.

Eh? As Twitter/Facebook is operating, people use the platform for horrible shit. Either it's a utility, governed as a utility, as the "commons". In which case, as with any other utility, law enforcement gains a level of access that allows them to enforce the law. If they're a publisher, they need to curate everything before it can be posted. As it stands now, it's simply a heavily editorialized zone where one side sees a huge amount of promotion, and the other side sees a lot of banning.

Christian Bakeries have never, to my knowledge, refused to serve gay people. Merely refused to provide the unique and extra service of catering to a gay wedding. As a private business that is not exclusive or in any way "necessary" for the basics of life and/or communication, that's fine. They have competitors who will. Money talks, and the Christian bakeries can refuse said services and go out of business. Not really interested in that, market values will end such discrimination naturally, without any need for authoritarian attempts to force people to violate their principles.
Gold: 63.70
Jan 9 2021 08:22am
This Ex General says Special FOrces took Nancy Pelosi's laptop during the chaos at the Capitol few days ago, and now she is frantic and that is why they are impeaching trump on Monday, with only 12 days left until Biden inaugaration
wouldnt that be amazing
Many laptops of politicans came up missing that day, many

https://video.parler.com/Vq/rK/VqrKBERP4b6U.mp4

KICKED OFF A FLIGHT FOR SINGING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM THEN CALLED A CRACKER. https://video.parler.com/In/vm/InvmROq3QGre_small.mp4

This post was edited by darkhead69 on Jan 9 2021 08:31am
Gold: 285.00
Jan 9 2021 09:24am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Jan 9 2021 08:22am)
Eh? As Twitter/Facebook is operating, people use the platform for horrible shit. Either it's a utility, governed as a utility, as the "commons". In which case, as with any other utility, law enforcement gains a level of access that allows them to enforce the law. If they're a publisher, they need to curate everything before it can be posted. As it stands now, it's simply a heavily editorialized zone where one side sees a huge amount of promotion, and the other side sees a lot of banning.

Christian Bakeries have never, to my knowledge, refused to serve gay people. Merely refused to provide the unique and extra service of catering to a gay wedding. As a private business that is not exclusive or in any way "necessary" for the basics of life and/or communication, that's fine. They have competitors who will. Money talks, and the Christian bakeries can refuse said services and go out of business. Not really interested in that, market values will end such discrimination naturally, without any need for authoritarian attempts to force people to violate their principles.

Gay wedding cake = every wedding cake

Same ingredients.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 9 2021 09:31am
Jan 9 2021 09:39am
Quote (Skinned @ 9 Jan 2021 07:24)
Gay wedding cake = every wedding cake

Same ingredients.

Interesting take. I'm not personally invested in this particular topic, so I'll just tell you what I know, without judgement. Not arguing a point, but I try to understand the other person's point of view:

A gay wedding is a sin, to a Christian. For you to make a "wedding cake" includes not only designing the cake, but catering the wedding. If you understand what is involved in transporting and setting up a wedding cake, it's epically clear why this is.

Now, selling to a sinner is kind of a given, everyone is a sinner, right? However, catering to a ceremony that is in itself is a sin is a promotion of sin. Therefore, it's not something you can partake in, as it's a stain on your soul.

Before you argue with the viewpoint, understand, it's not MY viewpoint. But I will put it in a different term. If a wedding in being held in gang territory where 20 shootings per week occur, should the baker be REQUIRED to cater to that territory? Nah, right? Their life is at risk. Well, regarding the gay wedding, their immortal soul is at risk. That's what the stakes are, to their method of thinking. Can you truly blame them?

Other shoes, at any rate. Note that I won't really argue this point. My only goal is to give you perspective here.

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on Jan 9 2021 09:41am
Gold: 285.00
Jan 9 2021 09:53am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Jan 9 2021 10:39am)
Interesting take. I'm not personally invested in this particular topic, so I'll just tell you what I know, without judgement. Not arguing a point, but I try to understand the other person's point of view:

A gay wedding is a sin, to a Christian. For you to make a "wedding cake" includes not only designing the cake, but catering the wedding. If you understand what is involved in transporting and setting up a wedding cake, it's epically clear why this is.

Now, selling to a sinner is kind of a given, everyone is a sinner, right? However, catering to a ceremony that is in itself is a sin is a promotion of sin. Therefore, it's not something you can partake in, as it's a stain on your soul.

Before you argue with the viewpoint, understand, it's not MY viewpoint. But I will put it in a different term. If a wedding in being held in gang territory where 20 shootings per week occur, should the baker be REQUIRED to cater to that territory? Nah, right? Their life is at risk. Well, regarding the gay wedding, their immortal soul is at risk. That's what the stakes are, to their method of thinking. Can you truly blame them?

Other shoes, at any rate. Note that I won't really argue this point. My only goal is to give you perspective here.

I don't believe that other people can sin on your behalf. Similar case, Hobby Lobby, hinges on the religious claim that your employees taking birth control is a sin on your behalf. That is saying anybody at a gun store selling a gun to somebody who shoots someone is morally culpable. As someone who studied alot of formal logic it is a major pet peeve. I know the courts run on ideology not logic tho.
Jan 9 2021 09:58am
Quote (Skinned @ 9 Jan 2021 07:53)
I don't believe that other people can sin on your behalf. Similar case, Hobby Lobby, hinges on the religious claim that your employees taking birth control is a sin on your behalf. That is saying anybody at a gun store selling a gun to somebody who shoots someone is morally culpable. As someone who studied alot of formal logic it is a major pet peeve. I know the courts run on ideology not logic tho.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Hobby lobby says you providing birth control knowingly when you believe birth control is a sin is you sinning by providing the means to sin.

Likewise, you catering to a sin is you sinning. This has nothing to do with others sinning on your behalf. This is you taking actions that are either sins, or directly promoting sins.

It's clear you know nothing about religion. I suggest you at least make a basic effort to learn prior to involving yourself in any discussion that involves it. I'm a virtual retard on the subject, yet with your weak arguments, I can run circles around you, and that's not saying good things about you.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 9 2021 11:08am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Jan 9 2021 04:58pm)

Do you make a conscious effort to come across as a douchebag, or does it just come natural?

I'd have continued our discussion, because I do not agree nor do I cede the argument. But I'd rather not interact with you anymore.
Gold: 8,182.40
Jan 9 2021 11:18am
Quote (BannyMcBannerson @ Jan 9 2021 12:08pm)
Do you make a conscious effort to come across as a douchebag, or does it just come natural?

I'd have continued our discussion, because I do not agree nor do I cede the argument. But I'd rather not interact with you anymore.

Try another multi, might have more luck having someone give a shit what you have to say
Jan 9 2021 11:29am
Quote (BannyMcBannerson @ 9 Jan 2021 09:08)

I gave a well reasoned characterization of the topic I was presented. I was met with a complete lack of intelligence. I rebuked it effortlessly.

You respond to me with this lame attempt at a personal attack? Are you high? I didn't bring up gay wedding cakes or religion. Knowing enough about what you're talking about not to be a complete tool is kind of important in debate. If you do not like the fact that you and skinned are unqualified to discuss religious topics, don't involve yourself or invite such discussions.

The only douchebag here would be you. Your last post was about rights, and I pointed out point blank you don't have a right to power or water. Public utilities are not a right. They're a service, even as a public utility. What's your response? Either debate, or shut the fuck up.

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on Jan 9 2021 11:31am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17017027037047051965Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll