d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Iran Boogaloo
Prev167891083Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,720.48
Jan 3 2020 07:41am
Quote (excellence @ Jan 3 2020 08:39am)
yeah yeah we know you can’t read junior boomer, better luck next time

Okay sport.
Gold: 285.00
Jan 3 2020 07:45am
True colors coming out.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 3 2020 07:45am
Gold: 2,504.69
Jan 3 2020 07:46am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 3 2020 07:39am)
The provocations and hostilities are far less severe than 9-11. As is the reaction.
Eliminating the enemy's chief handler of overseas terrorism in a chirugical drone strike is a far less severe reaction than literally invading a foreign country with tens of thousands of troops and overthrowing their government by force, dont you think?

disproportionality works in both ways. while this reaction is less severe, it's against a legitimate state rather than against Al Queda.

but you're not asking the right questions. where does this lead to?

just a fun retaliation that ends here? then for what purpose, cut off the head of a hydra and 3 more spout. what is Iran short on terrorists to take his place? was he a sith lord refusing to teach anything of value to anyone to ensure his apprentice didnt kill him in his sleep?

or is this a precursor to war? as if that can end any way but badly.....

basically what we have here is a woman who goaded a man in a bar for 30 mins, then he punched her in the face. and you're here saying "well he shouldnt have hit her, but guys, like u get it right? she was annoying af." Duh.

getting into a fight with Iran is like picking a fight with a kid in a wheelchair who is holding a hand grenade. there is no good reason for it, even with provocations. especially without an international coalition of western, not Saudi, allies.
Gold: 2,620.00
Jan 3 2020 07:56am
The key question is how imminent of a threat Soleimani was to US security. The Pentagon is reporting that Soleimani had helped direct an attack on a US embassy earlier this week in Baghdad and had been planning imminent attacks on US soldiers and diplomats in the coming days.

If so, the attack was probably justified.

If not, this move could be interpreted by Iran as essentially an act of war that should require Congressional approval (not that any recent US Presidents have respected this aspect of the Constitution).

I'm inclined to believe the Pentagon at this particular moment until otherwise. Iran would be foolish to retaliate, but it's certainly possible given how important Soleimani was.

I don't want a war with Iran, but Iran has been pulling some major shit with us in recent months and years. That said, I don't want a war with them. This would be much bigger than Iraq, and Iraq was a disaster that set the US back decades.

China is the real world enemy with their economic warfare and concentration camps. I'd die in China, not Iran.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jan 3 2020 07:58am
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jan 3 2020 07:56am)
The key question is how imminent of a threat Soleimani was to US security. The Pentagon is reporting that Soleimani had helped direct an attack on a US embassy earlier this week in Baghdad and had been planning imminent attacks on US soldiers and diplomats in the coming days.

If not, this move could be interpreted by Iran as essentially an act of war that should require Congressional approval (not that any recent US Presidents have respected this aspect of the Constitution).

I'm inclined to believe the Pentagon at this particular moment until otherwise. Iran would be foolish to retaliate, but it's certainly possible given how important Soleimani was.

I don't want a war with Iran, but Iran has been pulling some major shit with us in recent months and years. That said, I don't want a war with them. This would be much bigger than Iraq, and Iraq was a disaster that set the US back decades.

China is the real world enemy with their economic warfare and concentration camps. I'd die in China, not Iran.

if he was planning an attack, and was killed, they'll still do the attack.

if he wasn't planning an attack, and was killed, they'll do an attack.

im not sure why people think Iran is short on terrorists. is global warming killing them off or something?
Gold: 22,720.48
Jan 3 2020 08:02am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 3 2020 08:58am)
if he was planning an attack, and was killed, they'll still do the attack.

if he wasn't planning an attack, and was killed, they'll do an attack.

im not sure why people think Iran is short on terrorists. is global warming killing them off or something?

Automation and outsourcing is taking their jobs. It's getting to the point where old fashioned jihadists can't catch a break.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jan 3 2020 08:04am
Quote (ThatAlex @ 3 Jan 2020 14:56)

because we simply don't learn from history, i guess...

Quote (ThatAlex @ 3 Jan 2020 14:56)

completely unprovoked and unwarranted of course...
except for: unilaterally breaking the nuclear deal / additional severe sanctions / increased drone activity and troop presence near iran's borders / designating the revolutionary guard a 'terrorist organisation' / indiscriminate bombings of organisations close to iran / blaming them for the tanker incident without ANY evidence (tonkin / incubators / wmds come to mind)... the list of actions to isolate and corner iran, to increase public support for, and provoke a military conflict, is long

Gold: 57.00
Jan 3 2020 08:05am
Quote (ThatAlex @ 3 Jan 2020 08:56)

great post and astute analysis my friend. good of you to return. sadly you’ll be called pro-war by the true warmongering posters in this subforum
Gold: 8,933.00
Jan 3 2020 08:12am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jan 3 2020 12:42am)
#2 and #3 have smaller body mass, #1 is extinct.
Bald eagle not on the list.

It isn't, but taxonomically, the bald eagle is not really any different than the white tailed eagle. It is also pretty undeniable that the bald eagle is larger than the golden eagle which is on that list.
Gold: 285.00
Jan 3 2020 08:25am
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Jan 3 2020 09:02am)
Automation and outsourcing is taking their jobs. It's getting to the point where old fashioned jihadists can't catch a break.

Haha
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891083Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll