d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Andy Ngo
Prev167891072Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 1 2019 11:47am
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 1 2019 11:45am)
Probably some offshore, undersea concrete cell for... ever. :)
Not because you're an Indian. :)

@Snipa Lemme guess....someone told you that you were witty and intelligent once, and you believed them?

Your reasoning is fallacious due to unknowable statistics. The next full scale war (if there is one) has facts surrounding it, that we have no way of knowing at this time. YET, you are making assumptions based on those unknowable facts.

How about an EMP (Saucy's favorite day dream). Wanna bet the US govt. doesn't toss every person who's not a bleeding heart patriot in the clink, until it's over?
Or maybe you think the US could fight a full scale war with 100's of 1000's of "unknowables" running around inside our borders? Now that would be a trick.

The nnaive never cease to amaze me. One day you may even amaze yourself. ^^

i never said the US govt wouldn't do that. I said it was illegal when they did it before, that it would be illegal if they did it again, and that you support it in any case.

then you agreed, i pointed out this to you, and you started spinning yarn. after you shifted the goalposts from your claim it wasn't illegal, after i posted multiple proofs with 5 secs of googling.

this is the least witty i've felt all day, you're reduced me to just quoting what you said back to you.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jul 1 2019 11:47am
Gold: 10,485.00
Jul 1 2019 11:48am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 1 2019 01:47pm)
i never said the US govt wouldn't do that. I said it was illegal when they did it before, that it would be illegal if they did it again, and that you support it in any case.

then you agreed, i pointed out this to you, and you started spinning yarn.

this is the least witty i've felt all day, you're reduced me to just quoting what you said back to you.

Show me where it was illegal...THEN. Not it some political maneuver done lately....but THEN.

/e Oh look... I asked you this same question, way back in post #59. :/
All your links show it that it "became" illegal in 1988. Was overturned in 2005, then overturned again just recently.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jul 1 2019 11:53am
Jul 1 2019 11:50am
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 1 2019 11:48am)
Show me where it was illegal...THEN. Not it some political platitude done lately....but THEN.

you realize ofc that court judgments take place after something happens and that we dont live in minority report, correct?

they ruled that at the time it was unconstitutional, because the constitution was ratified in 1789, which since you're having a hard time with time happened before BOTH internment and the SCOTUS ruling on the legality of internment.

/e Oh look... I asked you this same question, way back in post #59. :/
All your links show it that it "became" illegal in 1988. Was overturned in 2005, then overturned again just recently.

correct, in the present it's illegal, and was when they did it. and your call for it to be done again (as it should) is illegal.

the SCOTUS is ruling on whether it was constitutional, it wasn't. that means it never was. that's how the SCOTUS and constitution work.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jul 1 2019 11:52am
Jul 1 2019 11:54am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 1 2019 01:50pm)
you realize ofc that court judgments take place after something happens and that we dont live in minority report, correct?

they ruled that at the time it was unconstitutional, because the constitution was ratified in 1789, which since you're having a hard time with time happened before BOTH internment and the SCOTUS ruling on the legality of internment.

correct, in the present it's illegal, and was when they did it. and your call for it to be done again (as it should) is illegal.

the SCOTUS is ruling on whether it was constitutional, it wasn't. that means it never was. that's how the SCOTUS and constitution work.

Show me where they ruled back THEN that it was illegal? <---- 3rd times a charm, eh?

/e Oh wait....they didn't. Unless you have a fookin time machine, you can just stop trying to apply today's morality to 1941... eh?

This post was edited by Ghot on Jul 1 2019 11:57am
Jul 1 2019 12:00pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 1 2019 11:54am)
Show me where they ruled back THEN that it was illegal? <---- 3rd times a charm, eh?

I don't need to, thanks to you saying that you support it being done still.

but in any case it doesn't matter. if they make an action illegal that was legal before, in the past the person who did it wasn't acting illegally.

if the US govt breaks constitutional law (as they did with regards to the 4th amendment search and seizure protections AND due process) they still broke the law back then, even if it takes time for the SCOTUS to get around to ruling that way.

but in any case you support illegal 4th amendment breaking practices (as it should) today.

u fucked up when you said "as it should" according to your posts since, why not just admit you fucked up instead of trying to dig out of a grave that just gets deeper with every time you strawman me with the naive b.s.

/e Oh wait....they didn't. Unless you have a fookin time machine, you can just stop trying to apply today's morality to 1941... eh?

morality =/= law

why is it when i dunk on you you claim we were playing baseball all along?

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jul 1 2019 12:00pm
Gold: 945.00
Jul 1 2019 12:00pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 1 2019 06:45pm)
Probably some offshore, undersea concrete cell for... ever. :)
Not because you're an Indian. :)

You realize that by using old vocabulary you'd be the immigrant ? :)
Jul 1 2019 12:03pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 1 2019 02:00pm)
I don't need to, thanks to you saying that you support it being done still.

but in any case it doesn't matter. if they make an action illegal that was legal before, in the past the person who did it wasn't acting illegally.

if the US govt breaks constitutional law (as they did with regards to the 4th amendment search and seizure protections AND due process) they still broke the law back then, even if it takes time for the SCOTUS to get around to ruling that way.

but in any case you support illegal 4th amendment breaking practices (as it should) today.

u fucked up when you said "as it should" according to your posts since, why not just admit you fucked up instead of trying to dig out of a grave that just gets deeper with every time you strawman me with the naive b.s.

God...you have more hot air, that a friggin balloon.

You wanna brainstorm a modern war...fine.

Let's say the middle east or China... decides to walk a nuke into... NYC, Washington DC and LA tomorrow, and succeeds in setting them off.
Why don't you explain to all of us how YOU would handle it?

/e

Quote (Knoppie @ Jul 1 2019 02:00pm)

Yeah, explain English to me some more. :/

This post was edited by Ghot on Jul 1 2019 12:03pm
Jul 1 2019 12:04pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 1 2019 12:03pm)
God...you have more hot air, that a friggin balloon.

You wanna brainstorm a modern war...fine.

Let's say the middle east or China... decides to walk a nuke into... NYC, Washington DC and LA tomorrow, and succeeds in setting them off.
Why don't you explain to all of us how YOU would handle it?

given the unprecedented state of that event, i'd deal with it in an ILLEGAL manner to try and save lives. then deal with the fallout afterwards.

does grandpa get it yet? does grandpa understand why i'm even talking to him? or does grandpa need to rewind and put on his readers?

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jul 1 2019 12:04pm
Gold: 28,296.75
Jul 1 2019 12:04pm
Quote (Knoppie @ Jul 1 2019 11:00am)

He bout to go 20 thousand years back on your ass
Jul 1 2019 12:11pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 1 2019 02:04pm)
given the unprecedented state of that event, i'd deal with it in an ILLEGAL manner to try and save lives. then deal with the fallout afterwards.

does grandpa get it yet? does grandpa understand why i'm even talking to him? or does grandpa need to rewind and put on his readers?

Oh yeah. Grandpa understands completely. You're having a bad day and this is the most adult method, so far... that you have for dealing with it. :)
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891072Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll