d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Michael Flynn Charged
Prev167891018Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Dec 1 2017 02:30pm
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 1 2017 02:10pm)
That's the problem with labels... too simplistic. I've definitely become more moderate in the past few years, I still hate the blacks and gays though, so I can never be in the Democratic party.

Don't worry broham, in my early college years I held some pretty shitty views as well. Glad I can see the light now.
Gold: 2,504.69
Dec 1 2017 02:34pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Dec 1 2017 02:28pm)
Is it me or are the anti trump circle jerks intensifying?

it's been a fairly stagnant investigation news wise for months other than the manafort bit, not sure what else u could expect to result from the news story.
Gold: 22,164.69
Dec 1 2017 02:36pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Dec 1 2017 02:28pm)

bad news cycles from the #MeToo nonsense have gotten /r/politics thirsty
Gold: 22,164.69
Dec 1 2017 02:43pm
also as long as we're doing the 'incorporating new details into our narrative' thing, I should point out that what we did learn that was new today (I mean new details, not confirmation of old details) was that the backroom diplomacy was used for coordinating on ISIS and the UN vote on Israeli settlements. Afaik that wasn't public until now, I haven't seen that bit, maybe I missed it. The UN vote part definitely reinforces what I've said about the Trump-Obama transition period, showing how the two were grappling on the way through the door at the same time Obama was farcically presenting a dignified orderly transition. As far as ISIS policy, that might be more a matter of the Flynn-Turkey scheming, as Trump at the time had little stake in the game and Obama wasn't enacting radical policy shifts.

to clarify:
the distinction is that we already knew that Obama did this UN vote against Israel on the way out the door as a way to stick it to Trump- he showed zero signs of being willing to make such a slight against Israel before the election, and would have damaged Hillary's administration if he had done it before she took office (though given their feuding, maybe that is a possibility). And we knew that Trump was opposed to this move at least ideologically. But we didn't know until now that Trump actually took action to try to avert it, albeit failing at such. So its a new detail that Trump was actively maneuvering diplomatically at the UN on Israel's behalf while Obama was throwing mud.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Dec 1 2017 02:52pm
Gold: 2,009.99
Dec 1 2017 02:45pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Dec 1 2017 03:28pm)

Eh, it happens on both sides anytime there’s any significant news
Dec 1 2017 02:52pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ 1 Dec 2017 16:26)
Dems are praying that Flynn makes up dirt about Trump.

Ironically Trump can pardon Flynn.

'Makes up'

Lol. Trumpers preemptively calling things 'fake news' before they're even things.

Translated this basically means - 'No matter what happens I will never believe anything bad about my God Emperor'.
Gold: 5,016.77
Dec 1 2017 02:53pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Dec 1 2017 03:43pm)
also as long as we're doing the 'incorporating new details into our narrative' thing, I should point out that what we did learn that was new today (I mean new details, not confirmation of old details) was that the backroom diplomacy was used for coordinating on ISIS and the UN vote on Israeli settlements. Afaik that wasn't public until now, I haven't seen that bit, maybe I missed it. The UN vote part definitely reinforces what I've said about the Trump-Obama transition period, showing how the two were grappling on the way through the door at the same time Obama was farcically presenting a dignified orderly transition. As far as ISIS policy, that might be more a matter of the Flynn-Turkey scheming, as Trump at the time had little stake in the game and Obama wasn't enacting radical policy shifts.

Presidents always try to get stuff done on the way out the door. Russia interfered in our election, it was absolutely appropriate for the Obama administration to react to that after the election was over. I'm not fully informed on the UN vote on Israeli settlements. Foreign leaders know that different administrations bring different policies, so I'm having trouble understanding how Obama upsetting Russia and Israel on his way out would damage the new administration.
Dec 1 2017 02:57pm
Remember when Democrats were worried about real issues?

jk they never were

Seriously they're still looking for that smoking gun. I guess we'll see what Flynn has to say but I almost guarantee you it'll be a letdown for the libtards.

In other news McCain is finally backing the tax cuts... they have to make a better move on Obamacare sooner or later though. Otherwise it's a failed presidency for Trump. Also flopping on the wall, not surprised though.

MARCO RUBIO 2020
Gold: 260.11
Dec 1 2017 02:59pm
Quote (TB12 @ Dec 1 2017 02:57pm)

jk they never were

Seriously they're still looking for that smoking gun. I guess we'll see what Flynn has to say but I almost guarantee you it'll be a letdown for the libtards.

In other news McCain is finally backing the tax cuts... they have to make a better move on Obamacare sooner or later though. Otherwise it's a failed presidency for Trump. Also flopping on the wall, not surprised though.

MARCO RUBIO 2020

Tax cuts are a long shot.

Obamacare will never have reconciliation between the house and senate.

We have enough evidence for Trump and Russia at this point to warrant the investigation.

Trump's presidency needs a major change going forward or its' definitely going to go down as one of the worst in history. Unfortunately we have a commander with zero negotiating skills.
Gold: 2,504.69
Dec 1 2017 03:02pm
Quote (TB12 @ Dec 1 2017 02:57pm)

jk they never were

MARCO RUBIO 2020

don't be a fool, the dems were focussed on policy for years when Obummer was in office. the GOP got the easy role of opposition to a black guy. Now the dems have an easier role as opposition to an orange guy. that's how politics work, when you're not in power you act as glue in the system.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891018Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll