d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > More Drama In The Trump Reality Show
Prev167891020Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,164.69
May 17 2017 11:29am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 17 2017 11:19am)
depends on your definition and what the "threat" is aimed at specifically.

A threat to human lives? meh, might cause a few scuffles at rallies and or anecdotal "I killed my neighbor for that damn Trump sign" duffington post news stories.
A threat to the status quo? heavily, it seems to be evolving politics at a rapidly accelerated rate. Specifically, parties seem to be doublethinking and swapping stances at a rate i've never seen. Leakers, the FBI, wars, classified materials, etc. Its like a damn game of ping pong.
A threat to our system's ability to correct itself? less so but still a threat. The erosion of checks/balances and changing of procedural issues to push through legislation is a seriously harmful thing. This could all be leading to a typifying event which unifies us or sunders us permanently.

Well when we define what the threats to america are, you can extrapolate all kinds of things on multiple levels.
Take for example obesity, guns, botulism. As we make advances in health and peace, the life expectancy keeps going up, but our economy is burdened by the age gap. Everyone and their mother sees china's catastrophe on the horizon, but what happens if the US collapses dramatically under the weight of *its* unsustainable economy? Its not really that outrageous to suggest that socio-economic factors could lead to a calamity event ranging from great depression to societal collapse or apocalyptic nuclear war. And the cynical outlook is that we'd have been better off in such scenarios not having eliminated the causes of mortality.
That is of course, all doomsdayspeak. But its one possible threat based on the negative effects of eliminating other threats.

For every action I'm sure there would be an upside and downside. The hyperpartisanship is most likely to simply fizzle out like the occupy wallstreet movement. A year from now we might look back and say 'Yeah that was one shit year, that was surprisingly long lived but it died just the same', and we'll point to some high water mark. Or it might spiral out of control and keep getting uglier and uglier. Thats the potential of the threat. It might break down the establishment's status quo and rapidly evolve politics and wipe away the corrupt bureaucracy, but it might plunge us into chaos.
Gold: 2,504.69
May 17 2017 11:34am
Quote (Goomshill @ May 17 2017 11:29am)
Well when we define what the threats to america are, you can extrapolate all kinds of things on multiple levels.
Take for example obesity, guns, botulism. As we make advances in health and peace, the life expectancy keeps going up, but our economy is burdened by the age gap. Everyone and their mother sees china's catastrophe on the horizon, but what happens if the US collapses dramatically under the weight of *its* unsustainable economy? Its not really that outrageous to suggest that socio-economic factors could lead to a calamity event ranging from great depression to societal collapse or apocalyptic nuclear war. And the cynical outlook is that we'd have been better off in such scenarios not having eliminated the causes of mortality.
That is of course, all doomsdayspeak. But its one possible threat based on the negative effects of eliminating other threats.

For every action I'm sure there would be an upside and downside. The hyperpartisanship is most likely to simply fizzle out like the occupy wallstreet movement. A year from now we might look back and say 'Yeah that was one shit year, that was surprisingly long lived but it died just the same', and we'll point to some high water mark. Or it might spiral out of control and keep getting uglier and uglier. Thats the potential of the threat. It might break down the establishment's status quo and rapidly evolve politics and wipe away the corrupt bureaucracy, but it might plunge us into chaos.

i think that's the rub, when someone says threat its usually unclear if they mean "potential thread", "likely threat", or "highly unlikely threat" with a rainbow of spectrum inbetween. Calling ISIS the greatest threat to the US though seems disingenuous in almost any sense. Unless you're saying "they are a threat to kill the most US citizens of any middle eastern terrorist organization", which seems to be loading the dice too much to really say anything. Especially when we view it from through a more dynamic lens. For instance is it something we can 100% chalk up to ISIS if a mentally ill person with a documented history of violent outburts is incised to violence? What % of the blame do the NRA share for their lobbying of gun rights for all, what % does his family have for neglectful care, what % does his government share for their lax background checking, etc. ISIS isn't a threat, we are.

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 17 2017 11:35am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
May 17 2017 11:41am
How can anyone STILL believe that trump isnt the right man for president?
Hes got a decades history of wanting to make america great again, hes done a tremendous job irl and business wise, he speaks the truth as it is and is billionaire WORKING FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE getting paid a fucking salary.

Americans are indeed a bunch of salty lucky cunts, to have someone like trump running their country is the wish of every other country on this planet, yet americans STILL cry and are misbelievers.. smh fml
May 17 2017 11:44am
Quote (ARURF @ May 17 2017 11:41am)
How can anyone STILL believe that trump isnt the right man for president?
Hes got a decades history of wanting to make america great again, hes done a tremendous job irl and business wise, he speaks the truth as it is and is billionaire WORKING FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE getting paid a fucking salary.

Americans are indeed a bunch of salty lucky cunts, to have someone like trump running their country is the wish of every other country on this planet, yet americans STILL cry and are misbelievers.. smh fml

in short bursts. and opinions presented as facts.
Gold: 475.46
May 17 2017 11:59am
"Look at the way I have been treated lately, especially by the media," he said. "No politician in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly." Trump

May 17 2017 12:03pm
Quote (Brian_D @ May 17 2017 11:59am)
"Look at the way I have been treated lately, especially by the media," he said. "No politician in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly." Trump

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKWrn9zfNhUnbLa/giphy.gif

Trump is quite the political historian, if past statements mean anything.
Gold: 14.88
May 17 2017 12:14pm
Quote (IceMage @ May 17 2017 09:20am)
This is what the next 3+ years is going to be like. It's not Trump's senior level guys, it's not Trump's communication team, it's the man himself. He's not capable of changing.

You sound just like Glenn Beck and I'm going to smack you in the face with my penis.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 17 2017 12:14pm
a complete [x] winning for murica, from the inside to outside
trump will fix eveything tomorrow in a press conference, correct me if im wrong...
Gold: 14.88
May 17 2017 12:19pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ May 17 2017 10:14am)
a complete [x] winning for murica, from the inside to outside
trump will fix eveything tomorrow in a press conference, correct me if im wrong...

A lot of allegations. As usual.
No evidence of wrongdoing. As usual.
This is getting old.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 17 2017 12:25pm
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ 17 May 2017 19:19)
A lot of allegations. As usual.
No evidence of wrongdoing. As usual.
This is getting old.

trump presidency is probably as much a success than your post is constructive, and last time i read news a "press conference" was planned for thursday

maybe it changed and Trump will not do one ? answer me if you have something interesting to say.... ^_^
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891020Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll