d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev167891063Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 17 2015 05:56am
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Aug 17 2015 11:41am)
Trust me, I regard christianity as the lesser of two evils. As far as I know there are no muslims on this forum. You'r right though, christians are easy targets. Their doctrines and ideologies are so easily picked apart, but does that excuse them from criticism?

I've made my fair share of digs at Christians, I'm guilty myself. Just remember, it's a cultural and Abrahamic problem, not just Christian. Right now western society, minus the influx of immigrants, is experiencing a decline in blind religious faith. At the same time, however, Islam is growing, which, in my opinion, is a far more dangerous religion than today's impotent Christianity.
Gold: 1,532.01
Aug 17 2015 07:03am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Aug 17 2015 12:47pm)
...as if you have actually done this :rofl:

There is no need to get upset.
Aug 17 2015 08:05am
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Aug 17 2015 07:47pm)
Ever wonder why people hate christians? You're so utterly sure of yourself, so self-fucking-righteous, and what evidence do you have? Fuck all. Mommy and Daddy told you to read an old book, just as their parents did.

I do not wonder why people hate Christians. It is perfectly clear that Christians are set apart from this world because we are not of the world. The world hates Christians because it first hated Jesus Christ.

Do you know why Jesus Christ was hated so much? Jesus wasn't a 'nice' person. Jesus offended a lot of people. He turned heads and riled up crowds. Why did Jesus do that? Jesus is able to cut down to the deepness of the core in your heart and expose you for who you are.

He knows that everything, everything that you live for is a pathetic life full of sin and regret. He knows that what you value and what you put a high price on in this life is in fact essentially...worthless. How does it feel when somebody tells you that the treasure that you're after, the ultimate treasure that you're after is nothing
more than a lump of coal which will leach all the years off your life while you try to aim for something so insignificantly worthless in life? How does it feel when somebody tells you that your ENTIRE life is worth absolutely nothing because of what you chase and what you believe in?

That is the kind of language we Christians speak if we were to be brutally honest. Even so, I left out the part where you live only for yourself and only ever seek to do evil and never do any good whatsoever.
Gold: 3.33
Aug 17 2015 08:13am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 17 2015 03:05pm)
I do not wonder why people hate Christians. It is perfectly clear that Christians are set apart from this world because we are not of the world. The world hates Christians because it first hated Jesus Christ.

Do you know why Jesus Christ was hated so much? Jesus wasn't a 'nice' person. Jesus offended a lot of people. He turned heads and riled up crowds. Why did Jesus do that? Jesus is able to cut down to the deepness of the core in your heart and expose you for who you are.

He knows that everything, everything that you live for is a pathetic life full of sin and regret. He knows that what you value and what you put a high price on in this life is in fact essentially...worthless. How does it feel when somebody tells you that the treasure that you're after, the ultimate treasure that you're after is nothing
more than a lump of coal which will leach all the years off your life while you try to aim for something so insignificantly worthless in life? How does it feel when somebody tells you that your ENTIRE life is worth absolutely nothing because of what you chase and what you believe in?

That is the kind of language we Christians speak if we were to be brutally honest. Even so, I left out the part where you live only for yourself and only ever seek to do evil and never do any good whatsoever.

Christians don't have a monopoly on morality. Also referring to yourself as 'not of this world' is a little narcissistic. If you were born in India you wouldn't be a Christian. If you were born thousands of years ago you would be a polytheist or pagan, most likely. Thinking your religion is somehow set apart from the other million, many of which being similar, is a shockingly obvious fallacy that you don't quite grasp.

This post was edited by dro94 on Aug 17 2015 08:13am
Aug 17 2015 08:28am
Quote (dro94 @ Aug 18 2015 12:13am)
Christians don't have a monopoly on morality. Also referring to yourself as 'not of this world' is a little narcissistic. If you were born in India you wouldn't be a Christian. If you were born thousands of years ago you would be a polytheist or pagan, most likely. Thinking your religion is somehow set apart from the other million, many of which being similar, is a shockingly obvious fallacy that you don't quite grasp.

Oh I love the old turn around tactic that you try to do in order to avoid that place where you do not want to go to. Everything you said was all about Christians and 'me.' You don't want to talk about your own self because you cannot justify yourself. I can and will be brutally honest and up front about what the Bible truly tells you in essence.
The Bible tells you how your life is absolutely pathetic, you are heading towards eternal damnation by looking for a way to save yourself. All the things you value and all the treasures you store up are the very things that will destroy you. You put all of your life's work into the things that you accumulate, one day it will all be taken away from you.
The storm will come, it will be relentless and it will not waver until everything you have is gone.

Woe to you dro94 that you think your life will end at the pot of gold when in fact your life will end up at the road of a dead end, when you look back you will realize that it was all for nothing.
Aug 17 2015 08:28am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 17 2015 03:05pm)

It's cute that you think atheists 'never do any good whatsoever'. You really are living in la-la-land, aren't you? What's next, Hitler was an atheist?!

P.S. I honestly could not give two shits about your desert-dwelling, goat-fucking jesus figure.
Aug 17 2015 08:33am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 17 2015 03:28pm)
Oh I love the old turn around tactic that you try to do in order to avoid that place where you do not want to go to. Everything you said was all about Christians and 'me.' You don't want to talk about your own self because you cannot justify yourself. I can and will be brutally honest and up front about what the Bible truly tells you in essence.
The Bible tells you how your life is absolutely pathetic, you are heading towards eternal damnation by looking for a way to save yourself. All the things you value and all the treasures you store up are the very things that will destroy you. You put all of your life's work into the things that you accumulate, one day it will all be taken away from you.
The storm will come, it will be relentless and it will not waver until everything you have is gone.

Woe to you dro94 that you think your life will end at the pot of gold when in fact your life will end up at the road of a dead end, when you look back you will realize that it was all for nothing.

Hilarious how christians cannot possibly conjure any argument whatsoever without quoting the bible...

But then, obviously, a book written thousands of years ago by a group of goat-fucking hobo's holds mankinds greatest insight :rolleyes:
Gold: 159.02
Aug 17 2015 08:33am
Quote (CPK001 @ 17 Aug 2015 08:28)

lol you've gone troppo
Gold: 7,252.72
Aug 17 2015 08:36am
Quote (dro94 @ Aug 17 2015 10:13am)

...tell that to the 24 million Christians in India .
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 17 2015 08:40am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Aug 17 2015 08:36am)
...tell that to the 24 million Christians in India .

So theres like a 1% chance instead of a 0% chance?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891063Next
Closed New Topic New Poll