d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Presidential Primaries
Prev167891013Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,252.72
Aug 16 2015 09:36am
Quote (stimpy6298 @ Aug 16 2015 09:48am)
Might have something to do with all those deaths I posted above.

...her and Bill are their own 2 person crime wave !
Gold: 20.31
Aug 16 2015 09:46am
These Sunday shows are usually the opposite of newsworthy, but there were some interesting developments:

Bush is making a $10 million ad buy in IA/NH/SC that'll run continuously from 9/15 through the end of the year. Trump confirmed he supports abortion exemptions in the cases of rape, incest, and threat to the mother's life. Ben Carson got nailed for going there on the administration's Israel policy, and Carly Fiorina offered up a rather unhinged criticism of Clinton for "lying" about Benghazi but, predictably, didn't elaborate on what she was talking about.

Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Aug 16 2015 06:24am)
...I am wondering why Hillary sent her private server to a I.T. firm in New Jersey to have it scrubbed.......hmmm .

I'm not exactly sure where this howler originated from.

There's actually nothing in that part of this long sequence of events where anything played out in a controversial manner re: how these people have been handling these homebrew servers once their terms are up. Her staff archived all the emails they determined were non-personal (that, if anywhere, has been where the problem with this has historically existed) and then secured the server. That process didn't play out any differently for her than it did for Jeb Bush when his staff cataloged the correspondence from his personal server (other than this didn't take 7 years), or for anyone else. The one exception was actually Colin Powell; he kept no record of his emails, took no hard copies, and did no archiving of any kind outside of what would've already been picked up on other department addresses he corresponded with.

I don't expect the least informed among us to be aware of these nuances, though.

This post was edited by Pollster on Aug 16 2015 09:50am
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 16 2015 09:51am
Quote (Pollster @ Aug 16 2015 10:46am)

There's actually nothing in that part of this long sequence of events where anything played out in a controversial manner re: how these people have been handling these homebrew servers once their terms are up. Her staff archived all the emails they determined were non-personal (that, if anywhere, has been where the problem with this has historically existed) and then secured the server. That process didn't play out any differently for her than it did for Jeb Bush when his staff cataloged the correspondence from his personal server (other than this didn't take 7 years), or for anyone else. The one exception was actually Colin Powell; he kept no record of his emails, took no hard copies, and did no archiving of any kind outside of what would've already been picked up on other department addresses he corresponded with.

I don't expect the least informed among us to be aware of these nuances, though.

You don't think it's a problem for a high level state department official to be emailing top secret information over a non-secure server?

Gold: 7,252.72
Aug 16 2015 09:52am
Quote (Pollster @ Aug 16 2015 11:46am)
These Sunday shows are usually the opposite of newsworthy, but there were some interesting developments:

Jeb Bush is making a $10 million ad buy in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina that'll run from continuously from September 15th through the end of the year. Donald Trump confirmed he supports abortion exemptions in the cases of rape, incest, and threat to the mother's life. Ben Carson got nailed for going there on the administration's Israel policy, and Carly Fiorina offered up a rather unhinged criticism of Clinton for "lying" about Benghazi but, predictably, didn't elaborate on what she was talking about.

...you'll be defending her right up until she is indicted for perjury and is forced to drop out ( or use her health as an excuse ) . I can't wait to see you jump ship and see where you land .
Aug 16 2015 10:00am
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 16 2015 08:51am)
You don't think it's a problem for a high level state department official to be emailing top secret information over a non-secure server?

That would be a problem were it actually to occur, fortunately there's absolutely no evidence of that at this point.

I have a very simple view on this: if someone acted in a problematic manner then that's an issue for everyone who acted in that manner. If it's an issue that Clinton used a homebrew server then it's an issue that Colin Powell did as well, especially considering he did so at a time when both the Internet and the department were less secure. If it's an issue that Clinton used a private email for correspondence then it's an issue for Jeb Bush, and Scott Walker, and Bobby Jindal, and Rick Perry, and so on and so forth.

People can't just laughably pretend that this is a Clinton issue if they expect to be taken seriously. It's a systemic issue both in the federal government where the technology is outdated and burdensome to use, and at the state level where governors routinely go as far as to skirt state law because they don't want some of their machinations to be archived.

Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Aug 16 2015 08:52am)
...you'll be defending her right up until she is indicted for perjury and is forced to drop out ( or use her health as an excuse ) . I can't wait to see you jump ship and see where you land .

Thanks for the laugh, and joining us from the alternate plane of reality you occupy.
Aug 16 2015 10:02am

The entire exchange is actually worth watching.
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 16 2015 10:14am
Quote (Pollster @ Aug 16 2015 11:00am)
That would be a problem were it actually to occur, fortunately there's absolutely no evidence of that at this point.

I have a very simple view on this: if someone acted in a problematic manner then that's an issue for everyone who acted in that manner. If it's an issue that Clinton used a homebrew server then it's an issue that Colin Powell did as well, especially considering he did so at a time when both the Internet and the department were less secure. If it's an issue that Clinton used a private email for correspondence then it's an issue for Jeb Bush, and Scott Walker, and Bobby Jindal, and Rick Perry, and so on and so forth.

People can't just laughably pretend that this is a Clinton issue if they expect to be taken seriously. It's a systemic issue both in the federal government where the technology is outdated and burdensome to use, and at the state level where governors routinely go as far as to skirt state law because they don't want some of their machinations to be archived.

Thanks for the laugh, and joining us from the alternate plane of reality you occupy.

The inspector general of the intelligence community came out and said there were 2 emails which contained top secret material. Clinton's server was not secured.

I think there is a significant difference between the head of the state department using a private email for state business, and governors using a private email for state business. The secretary of state has a much wider access to sensitive material, and there's a bigger target on their back for foreign hackers.
Aug 16 2015 10:23am
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 16 2015 09:14am)
The inspector general of the intelligence community came out and said there were 2 emails which contained top secret material. Clinton's server was not secured.

I think there is a significant difference between the head of the state department using a private email for state business, and governors using a private email for state business. The secretary of state has a much wider access to sensitive material, and there's a bigger target on their back for foreign hackers.

But they weren't classified at the time. That's where the herping and derping falls apart. The Benghazi Select Committee of all things was responsible for exonerating Clinton on that front because she can't reasonably be held responsible for correspondence that later gets retroactively classified. And if you think Clinton's server was less secure than Powell's private email then you're kidding yourself.

As of right now we don't have any reason to view the situations differently, especially if we're not going to take into account the fact that there was less security in Tallahassee and Austin. In the correspondence that Bush finally provided 7 years later there's an archived conversation of him discussing mobilization of the Florida ANG mere days after the 9/11 attacks. Two months later he and his LTGOV discussed deployment of the NG once again, this time involving whether or not to deploy to Crystal River's nuclear power plant specifically.

Why should these communications, if unsecure, be any different? If it's a problem then it's a problem. It can't just magically be a problem for Clinton and not other people who did the exact same thing, or worse.

This post was edited by Pollster on Aug 16 2015 10:24am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 16 2015 10:28am
Well since we're on the subject of Hillary I would like to take this opportunity to pledge some things

80 things I trust more than Hillary Clinton:
• A blind date with a woman named Caitlyn
• Casey Anthony babysitting my kids
• A mixed drink served by Bill Cosby
• Bar hopping with Aaron Hernandez
• Mexican tap water
• A wolverine with a ‘pet me’ sign
• OJ Simpson showing me his knife collection
• An elevator ride with Ray Rice
• Browns going to the Super Bowl
• Brian Williams memory
• Pete Carroll coaching decisions
• Loch Ness monster sightings
• Pinocchio
• The Boy that cried Wolf
• Chicken Little (from the fairy tale, NOT Al Gore…)
• A snapping turtle in a mud bath
• A Nigerian inheritance email
• A pilot alone in the cockpit
• German co-pilots
• A factory packed parachute
• A test fart in bed with the flu
• Tying Anthony Weiner’s shoes
• Harry Reid’s exercise equipment
• A kiss from Judas
• An Afghan wearing a backpack
• A Dana White apology
• Keeping my healthcare plan
• A North Korean trial
• A BIC pen that won’t leak
• A tuna fish sandwich left on a city bus
• Michael Jackson's Doctor
• An Obama Nuclear deal with Iran
• A Palestinian on a motorcycle
• Gas station Sushi
• A Jimmy Carter economic plan
• Brian Williams' news reports
• Prayers for peace from Al Sharpton
• Bill Clinton supervising a female intern sleepover
• Chicago politicians
• Jailed former Illinois Gov Rod Blagojevich (D)
• Barack HUSSEIN Obama
• Debbie Wasserman-Schultz's hairdresser
• Bill Clinton
• John Kerry's negotiation skills
• Iran’s Mullahs not to seek a nuclear weapon
• Duggar birth control plan
• Joe Biden with his arm around me or my wife
• Michael Moore / Rosie O'Donnell with the doughnuts
• Bernie Madoff managing ALL my investments
• A dinner date with Hannibal Lecter / Jeffrey Dahmer
• Chinese cybersecurity / firewall software
• Cross country drive in a Yugo
• An MSNBC moderated Presidential debate
• Candy Crowley being a fair/impartial debate moderator
• My safety in Detroit, Baltimore, Ferguson, South Central LA, Newark, Oakland, East Palo Alto, South Bronx etc
• Bill Clinton at a Girl Scout convention
• Heimlich Maneuver from Barney Frank
• Prostate exam from Captain Hook
• Condoms made in China
• Playing Russian Roulette with a semi-auto pistol
• Al Gore, the famed SCIENTIST
• Teddy Kennedy driving me home from a party
• An ISIS barber giving me a shave
• Chinese medicine using John McCain’s RhINO horn
• Nancy Pelosi’s plastic surgeon
• John Boehner / Mitch McConnell – keeping ANY election promise to conservatives
• The actual constitutionality of a John Roberts Supreme Court decision
• Linda Tripp keeping a secret
• Lois Lerner approving a tax exempt status application from a Tea Party group
• Erich Holder’s / Loretta Lynch’s DOJ investigating a “racial” incident
• OJ Simpson finding the real killer
• Al Sharpton paying ALL his back taxes
• An EPA employee operating a backhoe
• A Michelle Obama school lunch that tastes great
• A free holiday vacation to West Africa
• A NYC doctor staying in quarantine for Ebola
• Emails from someone named Adrianna saying she likes me…
• A date with someone I met on Craigslist
• French military resolve
• Treatment at a VA hospital

Aug 16 2015 10:31am
I've already told you once: stop spamming this thread. Naturally I set the bar on the floor for informed discussion on this subforum. If you can't manage to not trip over that bar then you simply do not need to be posting here, as that would indicate you're not adding anything substantive to the discussion whatsoever.

There are plenty of other threads to herp and derp in.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891013Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll