d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > My Views On Helping The Poor
Prev167891029Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,428.20
Apr 8 2015 12:54pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 8 2015 02:42pm)
you're missing the point, i'm not saying you should or shouldn't go to war

i'm saying top waging wars you can't afford if you're going to blame the poor for your financial woes

They both play a large part of the equation. I do think they shouldn't be calling for more unnecessary wars.
That doesn't mean cuts and reforms can't be made elsewhere or that military spending is the only problem.

Even if we refrain from attacking Iran and launching a full-scale invasion of ISIS there are still going to be very serious costs for national defense.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Apr 8 2015 12:54pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Apr 8 2015 01:03pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 8 2015 12:53pm)
i'm going by the loudest voices on the right, if there is a more moderate demographic they are either too quiet or quickly get branded as rino's

never identify the base by who yells loudest. If that were the case the 99% hippies would represent perfectly the views of most liberals.

I dont think the conservative base feels the need to get loud, which is likely why you're not hearing them.
Gold: 171.76
Apr 8 2015 02:02pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Apr 8 2015 02:54pm)
They both play a large part of the equation. I do think they shouldn't be calling for more unnecessary wars.
That doesn't mean cuts and reforms can't be made elsewhere or that military spending is the only problem.

Even if we refrain from attacking Iran and launching a full-scale invasion of ISIS there are still going to be very serious costs for national defense.

I don't want to be forced to pool my money to pay to defend you because your ilk are war mongerers and have drawn the ire of the world .

Don't take away my freedom to not pay for that.
Gold: 7,428.20
Apr 8 2015 02:16pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Apr 8 2015 04:02pm)
I don't want to be forced to pool my money to pay to defend you because your ilk are war mongerers and have drawn the ire of the world .

Don't take away my freedom to not pay for that.

ok sounds good

my post was more of an analysis rather than a pro-tax policy prescription
Gold: 0.00
Apr 8 2015 02:45pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 8 Apr 2015 16:41)
He believes a system requiring all to find jobs would correct the behavior, negating the laziness by requirement. Its unchristian to identify groups you see as committing sloth? That is afterall one of the 7 sins.

The point is that its irrelevant, you have a strong stance on sex changes, he has a strong stance on Christianity. The fact that he is included in his group and you are merely in support of yours does not negate the relationship. They are congruent not equal.

I don't have a strong stance on sex changes. What the fuck are you talking about?
Gold: 0.76
Apr 8 2015 02:46pm
Quote (kalelvszod @ 8 Apr 2015 11:48)
one of the most ignorant things iv seen posted. people that went to school for years and unfortunately lost their job should have to seddle for a piss poor minimum wage job until they find one? i dont think so the whole point of unemployment is so you can pay your bills while looking for work in the field you studied for. Most workers pay into EI the whole time they are employed so its not like they are stealing. Its very easy to find minimum wage jobs and its also easy to get trapped at one if your stuck working their for a long time. HIgher paying jobs are in much shorter supply and sometimes takes months to get a job in their field .and why the fuck would someone want to seddle for a noodle diet for months your mind state is completely irrational seeing people like you post this shit makes me mad if i saw you irl id prolly beat the shit out of you. thought people with tt/med tags are supposed to be leaders and have a brain..all i see here is a damn fool

This would make sense wouldn't it but I when I became too crippled up to work was laid off. Missouri has a UI cap at that time it was $320.00 a week I was grossing $1,200.00 with take home around $960.00 now that's a hell of a awakening luckily we were positioned where we owned every possession so no loans just utilities and taxes..etc..

Unemployment changes drastically from state to state. the same with disability ..it's a fucked system Federal monies, State authorization, and federal distribution. yehaw!!

Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ 8 Apr 2015 11:32)
Wouldn't that 500 bucks a month be superfluous?

Minus your own skewed view on the unemployed world, what harm is unemployment causing to the economy? You get a set amount of time to get to work, and if you don't, your UI runs out.. There are no more extensions in the state I live in, but they do have an incentive program, that if you can't get to work within the allotted amount of time given, they will send you to school to get a certification "not college credited".

Again, January 23rd, 2015 I was laid off of my job because I was missing time due to an undiscovered illness. Once laid off, I was able to collect short term disability during the duration of my healing. Now that I'm healed, I can't just jump back into my old trade, my medical condition doesn't allow it anymore. BUT I don't qualify for disability "which I'm ok with", so instead I'm collecting my unemployment which is enough to SKIM by "I'm just under my state max" while going to school for nursing.

Unemployment isn't bankrupting anything, isn't causing harm to anyone, and it isn't a permanent solution. And they sure as fuck aren't paying too much out. I could post my spread sheet of my bills vs what I make right now on unemployment "it seems redundant, I just explained my situation".

Not everybody has the tenacity that you obviously show, and not everybody has the capability to get RIGHT back to work after losing their job. My life was ripped out from under me, so I should be punished and lose my home?

tl;dr

So I should drop everything and work 3 jobs to make ends meet? This is why you are where you are, and they are where they are.

Your story is the story of so many Americans this is the norm. I hope things get better.

I have the feeling the OP is probably sitting on a lawn chair in a dorm room wiping cheeto xtreme dust on his dirty sweat pants.
Gold: 10.77
Apr 8 2015 02:52pm
So if you own a house/have a mortgage and are overqualified for temp jobs you're fucked.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Apr 8 2015 02:52pm
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Apr 8 2015 02:59pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Apr 8 2015 03:52pm)
So if you own a house/have a mortgage and are overqualified for temp jobs you're fucked.

Being overqualified is such bullshit. You just need to pitch yourself better if you truly get that response.

If you have a mortgage, you should be smart enough to buy what you can afford and be sure to set aside 3-4 months worth for a rainy day, such as losing your job.
Apr 8 2015 03:11pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 8 2015 02:45pm)
I don't have a strong stance on sex changes. What the fuck are you talking about?

youre trying to win an argument on semantics, the sex change subject is irrelevant. It was only meant to represent an offtopic subject you were passionate about.

The point remains that you continually try to bring religion into any conversation youre a part of, regardless of its relevancy. THen when accused of it you deflect, or worse post topics abut how you are truly interested in religious people's views and just want to have a polite conversation about it. Yet you run from thread to thread looking for any way to get your agenda involved. Youre not a polite observer you are a zealot.
Apr 8 2015 03:13pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ Apr 8 2015 02:59pm)
Being overqualified is such bullshit. You just need to pitch yourself better if you truly get that response.

If you have a mortgage, you should be smart enough to buy what you can afford and be sure to set aside 3-4 months worth for a rainy day, such as losing your job.

says the guy who clearly hasnt worked in alot of fields, higher education for instance. Overqualification is a real thing, and its not arguable with some employers. Your qualifications can be used as leverage in later wage negotiations so certain qualifications are a ticking time bomb for some employers, as soon as your first raise comes up they will be losing more money than they have to.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891029Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll