d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Religion Actually Does To People - Part One > Childhood Indoctrination Is Child Abuse
Prev167891041Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Jan 22 2015 01:16pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 21 2015 11:25pm)
That's exactly what was done, people are too easily convinced by cowardly publicity stunts, some wannabe tranny martyr had to take his beliefs to their logical conclusion,

Suicide is a huge problem among the transsexual community. It is a problem. The locus of the problem is mostly due to false consciousness, where an individual internalized societal values that debase their existence and justify their exploitation and denigration through socialization. It is pretty shitty, but things are improving. You might call her a martyr, well there are entire organizations based on the efforts of martyrs. I don't think being named as a martyr is a bad thing, except that it is an honor earned through horrific fashion.
Gold: 9,039.20
Jan 22 2015 01:19pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 22 2015 01:16pm)
Suicide is a huge problem among the transsexual community. It is a problem. The locus of the problem is mostly due to false consciousness, where an individual internalized societal values that debase their existence and justify their exploitation and denigration through socialization. It is pretty shitty, but things are improving. You might call her a martyr, well there are entire organizations based on the efforts of martyrs. I don't think being named as a martyr is a bad thing, except that it is an honor earned through horrific fashion.

Yes, it is, what is it like 30x more likely to commit suicide?

So what did he prove offing himself, that he's another statistic? Not only that his death is being celebrated as some sort of accomplishment, it is sick, all of it.

Whatever he wanted out of killing himself, I'm sure he got it tenfold with all the crap I saw about it, he set trannies back some because he only proved they don't respect themselves or their lives, they want to sit around and whine about not getting their way, externalizing it to their parents, or something other than themselves. Tranny folk have to come together and recognize that suicide is not blood on anyone's hands except your own, you are responsible for that, and just because you didn't get first-world white boy surgery to be a barbie princess doesn't mean that life is over.
Jan 22 2015 01:26pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 22 2015 02:19pm)

So what did he prove offing himself, that he's another statistic? Not only that his death is being celebrated as some sort of accomplishment, it is sick, all of it.

Whatever he wanted out of killing himself, I'm sure he got it tenfold with all the crap I saw about it, he set trannies back some because he only proved they don't respect themselves or their lives, they want to sit around and whine about not getting their way, externalizing it to their parents, or something other than themselves. Tranny folk have to come together and recognize that suicide is not blood on anyone's hands except your own, you are responsible for that, and just because you didn't get first-world white boy surgery to be a barbie princess doesn't mean that life is over.

Why do you think her suicide was some sort of bargain? If anything it was a last grand statement. Also, you're thinking fallaciously. You are making a simple mistake called fallacy of composition. You are generalizing what one person does to a whole population that is arbitrarily defined to begin with. Big whoops.

It wasn't a bargain. I can't see how bringing about one's own nullification can possibly be any sort of bargain, unless you're in the sort of situation where you have to jump on a grenade to save your platoon mates, or push your friend out of the way of a bus or jump out of the way yourself. But that kind of bargain isn't what you're talking about either.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 22 2015 01:26pm
Jan 22 2015 01:27pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 22 2015 01:26pm)
Why do you think her suicide was some sort of bargain? If anything it was a last grand statement. Also, you're thinking fallaciously. You are making a simple mistake called fallacy of composition. You are generalizing what one person does to a whole population that is arbitrarily defined to begin with. Big whoops.

It wasn't a bargain. I can't see how bring about one's nullification can possibly be any sort of bargain, unless you're in the sort of situation where you have to jump on a grenade to save your platoon mates, or push your friend out of the way of a bus or jump out of the way yourself. But that kind of bargain isn't what you're talking about either.

I think any suicide is a failure, cowardice to the extreme, and a short sighted mistake anyone can make at that age.

It sucks, but I have a strong stance on it.
Jan 22 2015 01:36pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 22 2015 02:27pm)
I think any suicide is a failure, cowardice to the extreme, and a short sighted mistake anyone can make at that age.

It sucks, but I have a strong stance on it.

I think of it as turning the on switch off....I think all being have the urge, what Freud calls the Death Drive, some of which is focused outward, some of which is focused inward.

Some people's drive run harder than others....drug addicts, sex addicts, people who experience personality disorders and mood disorders, and all sorts of things. There isn't anything wrong with these people, they are just experiencing very human emotions...and sometimes it gets to be too much to handle.

You characterize it as a failure, and I kind of view it as throwing in the towel, and it shouldn't be glamorized or romanticized either....but it shouldn't be ignored or disregarded either. So much of the human experience is shaped by this drive, it is extremely fascinating and elusive to know.

The drive runs strong in me, which is why I enjoyed violent sports, why I enjoyed military service, why I enjoy conflict as a social worker. I am sublimating my urges. Some aren't so successful. I suppose I have more at stake here than some others.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 22 2015 01:38pm
Jan 22 2015 01:38pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 22 2015 01:36pm)
I think of it as turning the on switch off....I think all being have the urge, what Freud calls the Death Drive, some of which is focused outward, some of which is focused inward.

Some people's drive run harder than others....drug addicts, sex addicts, people who experience personality disorders and mood disorders, and all sorts of things. There isn't anything wrong with these people, they are just experiencing very human emotions...and sometimes it gets to be too much to handle.

You characterize it as a failure, and I kind of view it as throwing in the towel, and it shouldn't be glamorized or romanticized either....but it shouldn't be ignored or disregarded either. So much of the human experience is shaped by this drive, it is extremely fascinating and elusive to know.

The drive runs strong in me, which is why I enjoyed violent sports, why I enjoyed military service, why I enjoy conflict as a social worker. I am sublimating my urges. Some aren't so successful. I suppose I have more at stake here than some others.

Interesting, i'm a conflict addict I guess, maybe a bit of a sadist.

This post was edited by j0ltk0la on Jan 22 2015 01:39pm
Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Jan 22 2015 01:50pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 22 2015 10:27pm)
I think any suicide is a failure

that is very narrowminded of you. you should respect our cultural traditions.
Gold: 0.76
Jan 22 2015 01:53pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 22 Jan 2015 12:57)
Once again you project your perception (perhaps based on personal experience) of Christian teachings onto all Christians. Where does it say all Christians believe and are taught that sin is the direct path to eternal damnation without regards to extent? I dont know of any pastors that preach stealing a candy bar being equal to slaughtering 10 babies.

Your opinionated statement that there is no NEED for a god to be a good person is true, however its misleading. If someone were to state that being a good person and being religious are mutually exclusive they would be incorrect. So essentially your opinion that god is not needed is just that, an opinion. It does not offer any objective fact because it is entirely situational.

I have never felt the love or respect from my housing community that i have felt from my church community. Ill be the first to admit that a kind community atmosphere is attainable without religion but from my experience it isnt common. Ive also been to churches largely devoid of a community feel, again its entirely subjective.

My personal question is if there was a church that didnt preach against gays, didnt teach people shame for their sins, and didnt preach anything but love and self responsibility devoid of judgement by the church or fellow churchgoers would you be against it still based on the fact that the congregation cannot prove the existence of god scientifically? It seems to me you assert that religion is inherently damaging, however im here to tell you that such a church as i have described above does exist, i know this because i am there from 8:45-10:00 each sunday.

This is a good spot to weigh in, The truth is that a lot of mainstream religion is very "friendly" these days for one it has to be average attendance for the average American attending church is on the decline it's been sliding down for a while now. To attract and keep today's generation the church has to keep sin and Satan buried in the fine print, most of the sermons will be gospel inspired and be love and grace inspired. These aren't bad things If kids are going to church I'd want them to hear these messages. Many of the denominations have grown accepting of LGBT's and some are doing marriages. Usually there is a struggle with the older hardliners but in the end the dollar always comes out on top.

I've been in quite a few group situations where the sense of community, trust and love has been just as great as any church we have seriously attended. I really think religion has less to do with that. And the dynamics of the personalities involved is what is important.

At then end of the day most of the god fearing religions really do have sin and the sinners atonement as their main focus. His salvation may come in different manners, and he may reach it by different tasks but the outcome is generally the same, if you don't reach that salvation / atonement there's the firey pits of hell for you.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 30%
Jan 22 2015 01:57pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 22 2015 11:19am)

She killed herself because she was born into a world that not only failed to validate her as a human being, but demonizes her for an aspect of her being that harmed no one and was out of her control. Sometimes I think the only group of people that are more heavily stigmatized in our culture are pedophiles. You are truly an awful human being if you aren't trolling. Be grateful that you've never experienced the immense weight that is gender dysphoria. She was a teenager. Her brain was not fully developed. She had no one in her corner, not even her parents. She felt hopeless and decided to kill herself. As a trans woman myself I've felt that darkness and have contemplated suicide many times. Luckily I've pulled through because I see the value in life and have a support system. The fact that you trivialize her suicide as "whining" is disgusting. Try having some empathy for people going through things that you have luckily never had to deal with. Being trans is an incredibly hard life to live in our culture, and I'm not asking for sympathy but could you at least not verbally spit on her fucking grave?

This post was edited by ChurchGirl69 on Jan 22 2015 02:00pm
Jan 22 2015 02:08pm
Quote (Gastly @ Jan 22 2015 01:50pm)
that is very narrowminded of you. you should respect our cultural traditions.

I don't respect people who give up so easily, even less an atheist, one who believes it to be their only chance at life. On an evolutionary level, suicide is failure, much like not reproducing but a much more direct way to show it.

Quote (ChurchGirl69 @ Jan 22 2015 01:57pm)
She killed herself because she was born into a world that not only fails to validate her as a human being, but demonizes her for an aspect of her being that harmed no one and was out of her control. Sometimes I think the only group of people that are more heavily stigmatized in our culture are pedophiles. You are truly an awful human being if you aren't trolling. Be grateful that you've never experienced the immense weight that is gender dysphoria. She was a teenager. Her brain was not fully developed. She had no one in her corner, not even her parents. She felt hopeless and decided to kill herself. As a trans woman myself I've felt that darkness and have contemplated suicide many times. Luckily I've pulled through because I see the value in life and have a support system. The fact that you trivialize her suicide as "whining" is disgusting. Try having some empathy for people going through things that you have luckily never had to deal with. Being trans is an incredibly hard life to live in our culture, and I'm not asking for sympathy but could you at least not verbally spit on her fucking grave?

Pedophiles are at least honest, they know they're scum and will be crushed swiftly if someone finds out. A tranny lives under the delusion they're of another gender, they have a serious mental condition and trying to make their disorder normal only makes it worse for them. It isn't like SRS will make things better, these things still suffer under their condition, these people are not getting the mental health treatment they and other deranged queer folk deserve.

Again, my feelings towards him are not because he's a tranny, I slander him because he decided to kill himself like a coward and become another transtatistic. People like this aren't strong enough yet to have rights, doing weird publicity stunts to get after death attention isn't how you go about winning the hearts and minds of your opponents. So, until there is general majority support calling out this kind of narcissistic self-destructive behavior for what it really is I won't be supporting any tranny alphabet soup letter movement.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891041Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll