d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Julian Assange's Dead Man's Switch
Prev167891013Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40.42
Jan 2 2011 11:14am
Quote (inkanddagger @ 2 Jan 2011 12:11)
Gimme a break. Of everyone posting in this thread, I am the one you agree with. His rape charges are unrelated to the dead man switch comment, and I prefer to keep it that way. He has not been tried yet, and as an American I presume innocence until guilt is proven beyond reasonable doubt.

Presuming innocence and helping to spread around lies that trivialize the charges are two very, very different things and the latter is downright irresponsible and makes you look like a dickhole.

You try so hard to be a progressive in so many other areas that watching you add to the chorus of voices that want to trivialize his rape charges and help perpetuate his lies is just pretty damned disappointing.

ETA: And I have no desire to conflate the two either, but you're the one who drug them into this conversation.

This post was edited by AiNedeSpelCzech on Jan 2 2011 11:15am
Gold: 10.77
Jan 2 2011 11:16am
The biggest reason I don't thing he should be charged with rape is because the women don't think they were raped. Should women be empowered to make these decisions or should they be stripped by the patriarchal state who will tell them when they have and haven't been raped?
Jan 2 2011 11:18am
Quote (inkanddagger @ 2 Jan 2011 12:16)
The biggest reason I don't thing he should be charged with rape is because the women don't think they were raped. Should women be empowered to make these decisions or should they be stripped by the patriarchal state who will tell them when they have and haven't been raped?

lol, what a bunch of anti-progressive horseshit. You should never stop punching yourself in the face for being such a tremendous dickhole and being willing to say something this fucking evil.

Seriously, you fucking disgust me.
Jan 2 2011 11:19am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jan 2 2011 01:18pm)
lol, what a bunch of anti-progressive horseshit.  You should never stop punching yourself in the face for being such a tremendous dickhole and being willing to say something this fucking evil. 

Seriously, you fucking disgust me.

Oh yeah, what's anti-progressive about saying the patriarchal state shouldn't force women to be thrown into the spotlight for a rape they allege never happened?
Jan 2 2011 11:24am
Quote (inkanddagger @ 2 Jan 2011 12:19)
Oh yeah, what's anti-progressive about saying the patriarchal state shouldn't force women to be thrown into the spotlight for a rape they allege never happened?

Being "Thrown into the spotlight" shouldn't happen at all.

As far as I know, the woman reported a situation that was rape, so she's not exactly alleging that it never happened - she just didn't want to press charges (Initially, at least - I don't presume to speak for her mental state.)

But should the "Patriarchal state" be allowed to "Force women" to be "Thrown into the spotlight" just because they've been beaten by their husbands? If they don't want to press charges, hey, no biggie man! No biggie! Just because you've been beaten by your husband, no one should be able to force you to press charges.

You know that's a load of bullshit and you sound like a complete fucking douchebag right now. You absolutely turn my fucking stomach, and should probably educate yourself about feminism. :(
Gold: 8,933.00
Jan 2 2011 11:28am
I have to admit I haven't been following the rape charges, so someone please enlighten me. My understanding of the charges so far is that he had consensual sex with the 2 women and his rape charges stem from lack of condom use. Is this correct or am I mislead?
Jan 2 2011 11:29am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jan 2 2011 01:24pm)
Being "Thrown into the spotlight" shouldn't happen at all. 

As far as I know, the woman reported a situation that was rape, so she's not exactly alleging that it never happened - she just didn't want to press charges (Initially, at least - I don't presume to speak for her mental state.) 

But should the "Patriarchal state" be allowed to "Force women" to be "Thrown into the spotlight" just because they've been beaten by their husbands?  If they don't want to press charges, hey, no biggie man!  No biggie!  Just because you've been beaten by your husband, no one should be able to force you to press charges. 

You know that's a load of bullshit and you sound like a complete fucking douchebag right now.  You absolutely turn my fucking stomach, and should probably educate yourself about feminism.  :(

Why do you hate women so much? If they have no right of refusal to accuse their husbands or state-alleged rapists, then what power do they truly have? Forcing women to accuse a man of rape because big pappa patriarchal state says they should is about as anti-feminist as it gets, and so are you for supporting it.
Jan 2 2011 11:33am
Quote (Santara @ 2 Jan 2011 12:28)
I have to admit I haven't been following the rape charges, so someone please enlighten me. My understanding of the charges so far is that he had consensual sex with the 2 women and his rape charges stem from lack of condom use. Is this correct or am I mislead?

Totally misled. That was a lie that Assange's lawyer put out shortly after the charges were exposed.

The charges stem from the fact that he held one woman down and cajoled her into having sex without a condom or somehow broke the condom (I'm not sure which) and is only a "Sexual molestation" charge. The other charges are for having unprotected sex with a woman who was stone-cold unconscious who explicitly stated that she didn't want to have sex without a condom - though the condom use doesn't matter nearly as much as having sex with someone who can't consent.

Quote (inkanddagger @ 2 Jan 2011 12:29)
Why do you hate women so much? If they have no right of refusal to accuse their husbands or state-alleged rapists, then what power do they truly have? Forcing women to accuse a man of rape because big pappa patriarchal state says they should is about as anti-feminist as it gets, and so are you for supporting it.

You are either a stupid troll who is selling out progressive ideals just to try to get under my skin, or you are a complete fucking moron who has absolutely no idea what he's talking about and sounds like Pat Robertson.

Either way, you are no progressive.
Jan 2 2011 11:35am
So, when you troll me with shit that gets under my skin, you get to remain a progressive, but when I do the same to you I can't be a progressive anymore?
Gold: 260.11
Jan 2 2011 11:38am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jan 2 2011 11:33am)
Totally misled.  That was a lie that Assange's lawyer put out shortly after the charges were exposed. 

The charges stem from the fact that he held one woman down and cajoled her into having sex without a condom or somehow broke the condom (I'm not sure which) and is only a "Sexual molestation" charge.  The other charges are for having unprotected sex with a woman who was stone-cold unconscious who explicitly stated that she didn't want to have sex without a condom - though the condom use doesn't matter nearly as much as having sex with someone who can't consent. 

You are either a stupid troll who is selling out progressive ideals just to try to get under my skin, or you are a complete fucking moron who has absolutely no idea what he's talking about and sounds like Pat Robertson. 

Either way, you are no progressive.

lol he mad
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891013Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll