d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev16966976986997003169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 29,818.33
Aug 18 2016 07:05pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 18 2016 03:59pm)
He is going to avoid debates or being in the same room with her as much as possible.

I expect Hillary to not stand side by side on screen with Trump as his height is a strong persuasive tool in his favor. I expect Hillary's team to demand seated debates or her standing far away from Trump on a podium of some sort to not make the height difference so glaring.
Gold: 57.00
Aug 18 2016 07:57pm
Quote (majorblood @ 18 Aug 2016 21:05)
I expect Hillary to not stand side by side on screen with Trump as his height is a strong persuasive tool in his favor. I expect Hillary's team to demand seated debates or her standing far away from Trump on a podium of some sort to not make the height difference so glaring.

inb4 heightism
Gold: 285.00
Aug 18 2016 07:59pm
Quote (excellence @ Aug 18 2016 08:57pm)
inb4 heightism

Nah, she will let his face get that blood pressure red when he gets upset and throws a temper tantrum and let him yell at her. Trump will look like a wife beater and it will be over.

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 18 2016 08:00pm
Gold: 40.42
Aug 18 2016 08:01pm
Quote (majorblood @ 18 Aug 2016 17:05)

Nice to see that the spin machine is already making up excuses for Trump embarrassing himself on national television.
Aug 18 2016 08:04pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 18 2016 05:59pm)
Nah, she will let his face get that blood pressure red when he gets upset and throws a temper tantrum and let him yell at her. Trump will look like a wife beater and it will be over.

I definitely hope they have to stand near each other without podiums in every debate. How would you feel if Hillary avoids debates just like she's avoided press conferences for 250+ days now?
Gold: 285.00
Aug 18 2016 08:04pm
Quote (majorblood @ Aug 18 2016 09:04pm)
I definitely hope they have to stand near each other without podiums in every debate. How would you feel if Hillary avoids debates just like she's avoided press conferences for 250+ days now?

I would be very disappointed.
Aug 18 2016 08:05pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 18 2016 06:04pm)

I would be equally disappointed if Hillary or Trump avoid debates
Aug 18 2016 08:06pm
Quote (Skinned @ 18 Aug 2016 18:04)

Pretty sure Hillary would have to be freebasing cocaine in order to want to avoid getting onstage with Trump.

I also think that the more that Trump looks like a bully, the better, so they should stand toe to toe obvs.
Gold: 2,620.00
Aug 18 2016 08:08pm
Quote (Skinned @ 18 Aug 2016 18:59)
He is going to avoid debates or being in the same room with her as much as possible.

Why would Trump skip the debates? Strategy-wise, that would make little sense. He's down by a huge amount, and something has to break his way in order for him to change the tides. Technically speaking, HRC stands more to benefit from skipping the debates than Trump because she wants to introduce the least amount of variability as possible into this remaining election cycle and just coast to the easy victory.

This is also why she doesn't hold any press conferences or step out and do anything she doesn't have to because essentially Donald Trump is doing all of her work for her by digging his own grave. At this point, she doesn't have to take any risks and all she has to do is coast. (Although, skipping the debate would be quite foolish on her part. The better idea is to just play it safe in the debates. I was just providing the example of Trump vs Hillary skipping in the context of who has more to lose and gain).

To be clear (because I can already see certain folks jumping all over this post), I doubt Trump could actually sweep the floor with Hillary in the debates, and even if he did, I also don't think it would be enough to change the outcome of the election. How the debates would go or the chance Donald Trump would "win" them is an entirely separate point from this one.

I'm just pointing out that if Donald Trump wants to win, he wouldn't throw away one of his last windows to do so. What other opportunities are there to change the tides? If nothing changes from now, he is most certainly going to get schlonged. That said, based on the past few weeks, I'm not even sure Trump actually wants to be president, and I'm being completely serious.

This post was edited by ThatAlex on Aug 18 2016 08:10pm
Aug 18 2016 08:10pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ 18 Aug 2016 18:08)
Why would Trump skip the debates? Strategy-wise, that would make little sense. He's down by a huge amount, and something has to break his way in order for him to change the tides. Technically speaking, HRC stands more to benefit from skipping the debates than Trump because she wants to introduce the least amount of variability as possible into this remaining election cycle and just coast to the easy victory.

This is also why she doesn't hold any press conferences or step out and do anything she doesn't have to because essentially Donald Trump is doing all of her work for her by digging his own grave. At this point, she doesn't have to take any risks and all she has to do is coast.

To be clear (because I can already see certain folks jumping all over this post), I doubt Trump could actually sweep the floor with Hillary in the debates, and even if he did, I also don't think it would be enough to change the outcome of the election.

I'm just pointing out that if Donald Trump wants to win, he wouldn't throw away one of his last windows to do so. What other opportunities are there to change the tides? If nothing changes from now, he is most certainly going to get schlonged. That said, based on the past few weeks, I'm not even sure Trump actually wants to be president, and I'm being completely serious.

I think this is actually more or less correct. Trump absolutely needs something electrifying to happen, and unless he has an October Surprise up his sleeve that he thinks he can really rely on, he's gotta show up at the debates. Plus, he's not smart enough to see what a terrible idea it is for him to have to get up and talk to Hillary off-script because he doesn't realize what a fucking disaster of a human being he's become.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16966976986997003169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll