d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev16869707172443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 19 2018 11:50am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 01:25pm)
a Kavanaugh supreme court will take America backwards, not forwards. And it's wrong.

Kavanaugh was the one that gave you the Locked/Scammer tag, wasn't he?

Gold: 500.00
Sep 19 2018 11:53am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Sep 19 2018 11:49am)
At least republicans had testicles and just said "NO" to Merrick Garland.

They wanted him until the negro in the oval office took them up on their offer you troglodyte
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 19 2018 11:53am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 19 2018 01:37pm)
#1 im glad i offended you. i think you're lying to yourself about something that in actuality means more to you than you're accounting for. i think you're using this victimhoood as a shallow excuse for your real motivation. thats exactly what i mean, not that you dont care at all for victims, but that your care for victims in this situation compared to your motivations for the SCOTUS pick pale in comparison. you can lie to me, but don't lie to yourself.

as to the status of the supreme court needing to match the populace, #1 i have 12 credits under my belt on just the SCOTUS. and #2 the "liberal country" you're referencing voted in Donald Trump to be president. the "correct" makeup isn't to match the populace, it's 5 conservatives to 4 progressives. period.

The Electors voted for Trump, the people voted for Hillary (not to mention by the greatest margin EVER that a loser of the electoral college won the popular vote). I know you're smart enough that you're not going to try to argue with me that the fact is America is generally more liberal than conservative and that it's going to get more slowly liberal over time, not less (as history shows), while the SCOTUS stays conservative thanks to lifetime appointments. Call me salty that America isn't a true democracy, I'll admit that I am, and i don't care.

Sep 19 2018 11:54am
Quote (duffman316 @ Sep 19 2018 01:53pm)
They wanted him until the negro in the oval office took them up on their offer you troglodyte

Orrin Hatch certainly was a huge Garland fan, until Obama.

Sep 19 2018 11:55am

This post was edited by Ghot on Sep 19 2018 11:59am
Gold: 57.00
Sep 19 2018 12:02pm
Quote (Ghot @ 19 Sep 2018 13:50)
Kavanaugh was the one that gave you the Locked/Scammer tag, wasn't he?

Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 19 2018 12:04pm
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 11:53am)
The Electors voted for Trump, the people voted for Hillary (not to mention by the greatest margin EVER that a loser of the electoral college won the popular vote). I know you're smart enough that you're not going to try to argue with me that the fact is America is generally more liberal than conservative and that it's going to get more slowly liberal over time, not less (as history shows), while the SCOTUS stays conservative thanks to lifetime appointments. Call me salty that America isn't a true democracy, I'll admit that I am, and i don't care.

you dont understand reality. "liberal" simply means the ideals of the younger predominant generation, while "conservative" means the ideals of the older predominant generation. to put it in simple terms anyways. What is "liberal" over time will become "conservative". just wait for the bat-gendered otherkins of the next generation to prove me right.

even if you slice the pie as simply as you seem determined on you get like a 48-52 split, and that's optimistic, plus only a census poll of voters of POTUS elections. you've proven nothing, and therefore i wont argue you, because there's nothing to argue. just pure salt of the election result.
Gold: 13,704.02
Sep 19 2018 12:21pm
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 12:25pm)

a Kavanaugh supreme court will take America backwards, not forwards. And it's wrong.

Holy shit...... I would seriously pay you Rubles for this explanation.

Please elaborate.

Sep 19 2018 12:45pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 19 2018 02:04pm)
you dont understand reality. "liberal" simply means the ideals of the younger predominant generation, while "conservative" means the ideals of the older predominant generation. to put it in simple terms anyways. What is "liberal" over time will become "conservative". just wait for the bat-gendered otherkins of the next generation to prove me right.

even if you slice the pie as simply as you seem determined on you get like a 48-52 split, and that's optimistic, plus only a census poll of voters of POTUS elections. you've proven nothing, and therefore i wont argue you, because there's nothing to argue. just pure salt of the election result.

(First bold) That is true, because of changing viewpoints over time by all, but you know what I meant; which is the younger generations over time have increasingly more liberal viewpoints, while the supreme court lags behind because of lifetime appointments by G.O.P. presidents who have benefited from the electoral college.

Not sure if you actually read my entire post, but I already admitted that (second bold) in essence.
Sep 19 2018 12:50pm

Grassley sets Friday deadline for Trump top court pick Kavanaugh's accuser

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-kavanaugh-testimony-grassle/grassley-sets-friday-deadline-for-trump-top-court-pick-kavanaughs-accuser-idUSKCN1LZ2GJ

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A woman who has accused Brett Kavanaugh, President Donald Trump’s U.S. Supreme Court nominee, of sexually assaulting her decades ago has until Friday morning to provide prepared testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee, the panel’s chairman said on Wednesday.

The committee has invited Ford and Kavanaugh to testify on Monday about the allegation. Republican Senator Chuck Grassley, in a letter to the lawyers for university professor Christine Blasey Ford, also said the committee would be willing to hold the hearing behind closed doors rather than in a public session, adding that he was disturbed to hear that Ford has been subjected to personal threats.

Kavanaugh has denied the assault allegation.

Can't tell whether he means Friday the 21st or Friday the 28th.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16869707172443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll