d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread, Continued
Prev1684685686687688695Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16,514.00
Sep 6 2024 02:54pm
Gold: 21.93
Sep 6 2024 03:06pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Sep 6 2024 12:00pm)
Wouldn't even call it hesitancy, but skepticism that has been proven right afterwards. The Covid lockdowns and draconian enforcements coupled with forcing a vaccine that had pretty shit efficacy was a pretty big fuck up. Of course the media doesn't hold public officials liable for the colossal policy failure and that whole episode has been memory holed. Some of us still remember Canadian drivers getting pulled over for going to the store or random dudes on beaches getting arrested for not sitting in their house.

I do not understand how you lot do not understand the fact that we had no idea how dangerous covid would be or how fast it would spread, if it was airborn rabies would you feel we responded too harshly?
Gold: 5.00
Sep 6 2024 03:19pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Sep 6 2024 04:06pm)
I do not understand how you lot do not understand the fact that we had no idea how dangerous covid would be or how fast it would spread, if it was airborn rabies would you feel we responded too harshly?

Surprised you say that, there was data available many weeks before the diese was reported in Chicago and starting to take root in the USA. Lots of data to get an idea of spread rate, transmission characteristics, and survival chance. US leadership and their medical experts knew all about this, it was public. I was checking the dataset daily at first when China was Bubbling up.

Anyways, we definitely had an idea of the dangerous. We had no idea the dangers and long term impact of being a good citizen and going along with the Orewellian response measures. Which were too little too late, and undermined by interstate travelers.

This post was edited by RedFromWinter on Sep 6 2024 03:20pm
Gold: 0.85
Sep 6 2024 03:24pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Sep 6 2024 05:06pm)

Well look how it went? They said word for word on tv that getting the vaccine stop transmission and Biden caught it multiple time so multiple vaccinated people. That's your data right there. Would've been the same shit.
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 6 2024 03:25pm

Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 6 2024 03:32pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Sep 5 2024 07:00pm)
Wouldn't even call it hesitancy, but skepticism that has been proven right afterwards. The Covid lockdowns and draconian enforcements coupled with forcing a vaccine that had pretty shit efficacy was a pretty big fuck up. Of course the media doesn't hold public officials liable for the colossal policy failure and that whole episode has been memory holed. Some of us still remember Canadian drivers getting pulled over for going to the store or random dudes on beaches getting arrested for not sitting in their house.

Vaccine skepticism is different from the other issues you listed.

https://www.richardhanania.com/p/vaccines-and-the-tightrope-of-progress

I basically agree with this article, which is that perhaps lockdowns and such were not worth doing, but the vaccine was effective, it made sense for 99% of people to get it, and focusing on the 1% of people who shouldn't get it is stupid. Worth reading the article though.
Sep 6 2024 03:38pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Sep 6 2024 02:06pm)

I agree... where the criticism starts to get reasonable is when we were further into the pandemic, scientists started to understand more about the disease, and policymakers continued with stupid policies like closing beaches and such.

But the most kneejerk, anti-intellectual reaction out of any group was from Trump and his cult. That's important context.
Gold: 0.85
Sep 6 2024 03:43pm
Quote (IceMage @ Sep 6 2024 05:38pm)
I agree... where the criticism starts to get reasonable is when we were further into the pandemic, scientists started to understand more about the disease, and policymakers continued with stupid policies like closing beaches and such.

But the most kneejerk, anti-intellectual reaction out of any group was from Trump and his cult. That's important context.

So does the people who didn't get the vaccine because they noticed MSM said it stop transmission and vaccinated people kept catching covid and transmitting it to other vaccinated people are considered Trump cult?
Sep 6 2024 03:56pm
Quote (iLoveMyUsername @ Sep 6 2024 02:43pm)
So does the people who didn't get the vaccine because they noticed MSM said it stop transmission and vaccinated people kept catching covid and transmitting it to other vaccinated people are considered Trump cult?

Noticing a discrepancy between what you've heard about the vaccine and what you're experiencing in real life is perfectly understandable.

The indication of a lack of critical thinking skills is when you throw your hands up and say "well, I guess all the experts are wrong about everything, I thought the experts were supposed to always be right about a novel disease and the brand new vaccine created to treat it".

People who took that position are kind of dumb, at least on this subject, which would make them likelier to be part of the Trump cult.

A more reasonable person would rely on expertise to understand why the previous prominent expert opinion was wrong. That's how this stuff works... expert opinion is overruled by other expert opinion. Not podcasters, youtubers, or reality-show hosts.
Gold: 21.93
Sep 6 2024 04:55pm
Quote (IceMage @ Sep 7 2024 07:38am)

100% agree.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1684685686687688695Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll