d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev16768697071443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 19 2018 11:11am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 10:07am)
lol. I'm also for finding out the truth at all costs, if Dr. Ford is lying so be it, it would be worth finding out for me, I guess not so much for you...

& I know what precedent means, and I honestly don't give a shit right now, #RESIST! REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

While i'm pro-truth, at the same time I just want to see Kavanaugh's confirmation be as messy and difficult as possible, I think i've made that clear.

Pretty hard to want the truth and a certain outcome that goes against the Republicans at the same time

To me it seems dishonest to use the alleged victim as a tool at any cost while championing on her behalf or any victim's
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 19 2018 11:13am
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 19 2018 01:11pm)
Pretty hard to want the truth and a certain outcome that goes against the Republicans at the same time

To me it seems dishonest to use the alleged victim as a tool at any cost while championing on her behalf or any victim's

sure it may be difficult, but those aren't mutually exclusive...
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 19 2018 11:13am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 11:07am)
lol. I'm also for finding out the truth at all costs, if Dr. Ford is lying so be it, it would be worth finding out for me, I guess not so much for you...

& I know what precedent means, and I honestly don't give a shit right now, #RESIST! REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

While i'm pro-truth, at the same time I just want to see Kavanaugh's confirmation be as messy and difficult as possible, I think i've made that clear.

i get it, im just hoping by pointing out how shitty of a person that makes you, repeatedly, that you may make better life choices in the future.

but you can stop acting like you're for finding out the truth, that's just a lie, you're purely motivated by the second half of that. resistance. you could give 2 shits whether the accusation is real or not if it causes fits for the GOP and Kav. that, more than partisan hackery, is what makes you shitty here. just like your party you're willing to weaponize sexual assault allegations with zero care for how credible they are. you dont care about victims, and you're part of the problem. you're the patriarchy. you're the oppressive masculinity. a woman's potential victim-hood means nothing to you, only what effect it can have on your preferred SCOTUS pick. When ghot talks about future effects and what this means for woman thinking about coming forward he's generally wrong, but there's a grain of truth there. you're doing damage to sexual assault victims, for political pettiness, and you should feel bad.
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 19 2018 11:15am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 19 2018 12:15pm)
i said the FBI was right, and so were you when you correctly referenced them. i said you were wrong, when you tried and failed to present your own thoughts. you still are, and they still are, thus you're saying 2 different things that i bolded.

If you need to believe tjhat to get through the day, then be my guest. :)
Sep 19 2018 11:16am
If Dr. Ford is found out to be lying, throw her in prison for all i care and it'll be a big win for the republicans, idgaf.

that's more of a reason why I think Dr. Ford is credible, if she were fabricating anything, it so would very politically damaging to the democrats IMO and I think Feinstein was weighing that, obviously the democrats find her to be credible or else they wouldn't have made all this public (I would hope?).

Sep 19 2018 11:21am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 11:16am)
If Dr. Ford is found out to be lying, throw her in prison for all i care and it'll be a big win for the republicans, idgaf.

that's more of a reason why I think Dr. Ford is credible, if she were fabricating anything, it so would very politically damaging to the democrats IMO and I think Feinstein was weighing that, obviously the democrats find her to be credible or else they wouldn't have made all this public (I would hope?).

its almost like they sat on this because of the lack of details, and then released it because they knew no investigation would be done (meaning Ford wont have anything to lose) if they dont release any details. and thus she wont testify. and they can blankly call on the FBI for an investigation that isn't warranted knowing it wont happen to win cheap political points from people who they can trick into thinking it's all the GOP's fault. just at a guess.

Quote (Ghot @ Sep 19 2018 11:15am)
If you need to believe tjhat to get through the day, then be my guest. :)

is there a difference between "cant investigate" and "cant easily / justifiably investigate"? and which one is correct?
Sep 19 2018 11:25am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 19 2018 01:13pm)
i get it, im just hoping by pointing out how shitty of a person that makes you, repeatedly, that you may make better life choices in the future.

but you can stop acting like you're for finding out the truth, that's just a lie, you're purely motivated by the second half of that. resistance. you could give 2 shits whether the accusation is real or not if it causes fits for the GOP and Kav. that, more than partisan hackery, is what makes you shitty here. just like your party you're willing to weaponize sexual assault allegations with zero care for how credible they are. you dont care about victims, and you're part of the problem. you're the patriarchy. you're the oppressive masculinity. a woman's potential victim-hood means nothing to you, only what effect it can have on your preferred SCOTUS pick. When ghot talks about future effects and what this means for woman thinking about coming forward he's generally wrong, but there's a grain of truth there. you're doing damage to sexual assault victims, for political pettiness, and you should feel bad.

I want the truth, if it's a loss for dems, so be it. So when you "that's juts a lie" when I say I want the truth, that offends me. Believe me, I want the truth (which we're probably never going to find out)

@ Bold, you don't see any irony there do you? I want the supreme court to be liberal, America is generally liberal whether you realize it or not, and I want the supreme court to represent America, which is increasingly liberal (as the old people like Ghot die and the younger people achieve voting age). That's why I don't want Trump nominating 2 conservative Judges (he should only have one nominee, like i've stated repeatedly). Trump/Pence PROMISED to nominated a judge to overturn Roe Vs Wade, I am STRONGLY pro-choice, a big reason why I don't want Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court. So when you say "a woman's potential victim-hood means nothing" to me, I'm offended by that.

Quote (CNBC)
Donald Trump said the overturning of the landmark Supreme Court decision giving women the right to abortion "will happen, automatically," if he is elected president and gets to appoint justices to the high court.

"I am pro-life," Trump said during Wednesday night's presidential debate when asked whether he wanted that decision, Roe v. Wade, reversed by the Supreme Court.

Trump said that if the ruling were to be reversed, laws on the legality or illegality of abortion would "go back to the individual states" to decide, which was the case prior to Roe v. Wade.

But when moderator Chris Wallace pressed him on whether he wanted the ruling overturned, Trump said, "That will happen, automatically in my opinion," because he would get to nominate potentially several justices to the court.

a Kavanaugh supreme court will take America backwards, not forwards. And it's wrong.

Sep 19 2018 11:28am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 19 2018 01:21pm)
its almost like they sat on this because of the lack of details, and then released it because they knew no investigation would be done (meaning Ford wont have anything to lose) if they dont release any details. and thus she wont testify. and they can blankly call on the FBI for an investigation that isn't warranted knowing it wont happen to win cheap political points from people who they can trick into thinking it's all the GOP's fault. just at a guess.

that is entirely possible and that could be in fact the case, I briefly thought about that (or a similar) circumstance before.
Sep 19 2018 11:37am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 11:25am)
I want the truth, if it's a loss for dems, so be it. So when you "that's juts a lie" when I say I want the truth, that offends me. Believe me, I want the truth (which we're probably never going to find out)

@ Bold, you don't see any irony there do you? I want the supreme court to be liberal, America is generally liberal whether you realize it or not, and I want the supreme court to represent America, which is increasingly liberal (as the old people like Ghot die and the younger people achieve voting age). That's why I don't want Trump nominating 2 conservative Judges (he should only have one nominee, like i've stated repeatedly). Trump/Pence PROMISED to nominated a judge to overturn Roe Vs Wade, I am STRONGLY pro-choice, a big reason why I don't want Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court. So when you say "a woman's potential victim-hood means nothing" to me, I'm offended by that.

a Kavanaugh supreme court will take America backwards, not forwards. And it's wrong.

#1 im glad i offended you. i think you're lying to yourself about something that in actuality means more to you than you're accounting for. i think you're using this victimhoood as a shallow excuse for your real motivation. thats exactly what i mean, not that you dont care at all for victims, but that your care for victims in this situation compared to your motivations for the SCOTUS pick pale in comparison. you can lie to me, but don't lie to yourself.

as to the status of the supreme court needing to match the populace, #1 i have 12 credits under my belt on just the SCOTUS. and #2 the "liberal country" you're referencing voted in Donald Trump to be president. the "correct" makeup isn't to match the populace, it's 5 conservatives to 4 progressives. period.
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 19 2018 11:38am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 01:25pm)

:wacko:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16768697071443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll