d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev16776786796806811171Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Nov 29 2023 08:32am
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 29 2023 10:20am)
nah there is enough in there to suggest that they just dropped the ball (again). stupidity and arrogance, not malice, led to this lapse in preventing Oct 7th. It looks pretty clear to me anyway. no idea what Israeli's long term plan for Gaza is tbh.

Sure just like they dropped the ball on the USS Liberty lol

I'm sure their long term plans are very progressive given their history and everything they are saying and doing at the moment.

Do you think the English should have wiped out/occupied the Irish completely? Seems risky to allow any level of self governance amongst a people who committed such horrible terrorist attacks, what do you think?
Gold: 580.00
Nov 29 2023 08:38am
You do know Hamas kidnapped Israeli Muslim Arabs.

This post was edited by Many_Names on Nov 29 2023 08:50am
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 29 2023 08:54am
Quote (Many_Names @ 29 Nov 2023 14:26)
But then again controlling population that hates you to its core.
Been indoctrinated to kill you in the name if allah

I think its Egypts or maybe Jordan should take them under their wing and help them
Not Qatar, not Iran, Not Syria.

Everyone has the right to have an opinion and I think the reality is a bit different:
After the Nakba : It was all in the hands of Israel, with further assistance of the U.S, to build an example for the World... And guess what they did with all the money, skills, and organization: they followed religious nationalists and MADE Palestinians to hate them.
Conclusion: Nope.
Gold: 580.00
Nov 29 2023 09:01am
Quote (Meanwhile @ 29 Nov 2023 16:54)
Everyone has the right to have an opinion and I think the reality is a bit different:
After the Nakba : It was all in the hands of Israel, with further assistance of the U.S, to build an example for the World... And guess what they did with all the money, skills, and organization: they followed religious nationalists and MADE Palestinians to hate them.
Conclusion: Nope.

Youre are right we should have kept them
Out and not bring them back to their homes.
We would have much easier time now.
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 29 2023 09:22am
Quote (Many_Names @ 29 Nov 2023 16:01)

This is disguised, sneaky, hate speech.
Gold: 13.37
Nov 29 2023 09:27am
Quote (Many_Names @ 29 Nov 2023 18:01)

An inner voice read it with a German accent, a strong Nordic one.
Gold: 2,504.69
Nov 29 2023 09:34am
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 29 2023 08:20am)
nah there is enough in there to suggest that they just dropped the ball (again). stupidity and arrogance, not malice, led to this lapse in preventing Oct 7th. It looks pretty clear to me anyway. no idea what Israeli's long term plan for Gaza is tbh but they have repeatedly said this is going to take a while (months and months).

99% Egypt and Jordan will not take them in. They are a threat for those countries, they wont do it. The Arab states have been clear that this is Israels mess, and Israel has to find its own solution, whatever that is. I will go read a bit more about both countries and their current position.

as to a plan its fairly simple, more border surveillance, closers response teams in case of another break in, and likely some occupying force in gaza.

but you couldn't as israel occupy gaza as it stood, you'd be a wasp in a bees nest. the other aspects of a credible plan didnt require bombing in gaza at all, its pure defense. so israel would claim they need to occupy gaza moving forward. that does nothing to deradicalize gaza, but that may be a bridge too far. duffman posted a compilation of palestinian school aged children all saying in school they're taught to hate jews in the curriculum. and all of them desire to stab and kill jews. that's not something you can really deradicalize in the short term at all.
Gold: 45,509.00
Nov 29 2023 10:43am
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ Nov 29 2023 02:32pm)
Sure just like they dropped the ball on the USS Liberty lol

I'm sure their long term plans are very progressive given their history and everything they are saying and doing at the moment.

Do you think the English should have wiped out/occupied the Irish completely? Seems risky to allow any level of self governance amongst a people who committed such horrible terrorist attacks, what do you think?

The English are quite unusual to history, in that wherever they went they allowed the countries (or elements within those countries) a degree of home rule, which eventually led to that countries independence, typically via what people now call terrorist acts. You understand of course that England has invaded all but 21 countries on this planet, so they were very very stretched. occupying Ireland, the way they subsequently imported people into Northern Ireland, was probably not feasible / desired, at the the time. but to answer your question, from a logic and without emotion stand point, yes they should have done what you alluded to. Having two islands is better then having one.

The world we now live in is very small, and I can talk to virtually any person in any country with a simple phone call. it was not like that back then. similarly if a country were to do now what you suggest, that country would, in the normal course of events, be sanctioned by the rest of the world. There are of course exceptions to the rule, such as the US and Israel, but the world is not fair. The US conflict with Russia is quite unusual, as is the Israeli conflict. The global south sees the Ukraine war as being provoked, while the entire world (bar the US and Israel) see the Israeli civil war as also provoked. Having read what I just wrote, it is a civil war right ? I mean gaza and the west bank are not countries and armed forces within the country of Israel are attacking. something to mull over i guess.

Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 29 2023 03:34pm)
as to a plan its fairly simple, more border surveillance, closers response teams in case of another break in, and likely some occupying force in gaza.

but you couldn't as israel occupy gaza as it stood, you'd be a wasp in a bees nest. the other aspects of a credible plan didnt require bombing in gaza at all, its pure defense. so israel would claim they need to occupy gaza moving forward. that does nothing to deradicalize gaza, but that may be a bridge too far. duffman posted a compilation of palestinian school aged children all saying in school they're taught to hate jews in the curriculum. and all of them desire to stab and kill jews. that's not something you can really deradicalize in the short term at all.

re: bolded, thats not something i have read about but broadly now, there is so many scars, new and old, that there no realistic ability for a good friday like agreement between Palestinians and Israel.

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 29 2023 10:53am
Gold: 2,504.69
Nov 29 2023 11:49am
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 29 2023 10:43am)
re: bolded, thats not something i have read about but broadly now, there is so many scars, new and old, that there no realistic ability for a good friday like agreement between Palestinians and Israel.

now work out the political calculus there.

-Palestinians do not want peace, they want jews to die. not just hamas, gazan school children want it. (this alone dispels myths from the early part of this thread, where fools had the temerity to suggest hamas is unpopular)

-Israel occupies the areas they do, and blockades all of gaza, because the people there want them wiped from the planet. not just hamas, the people there.

-if given the power to vote, the muslim minority will outbreed the jewish majority, take power, and expel or kill all of the jews.

this is why when you criticize israeli policy, and i do too a LOT on the micro scale, you hear "we do what we do to avoid being eliminated". because on the macro scale it's true.

the only plan that will "work" imo, is for israel to give up gaza, hunker down in a fully defensive stance, repel all attacks that 100% will come from gaza, and hope over the phase of 10-20 years gazans will realize its a losing battle and work on themselves. thats a BIG gamble. you might endure 20 years of extremely troubling attacks just for gaza's appetite for jewish blood to never be quenched.

none of that excuses micro scale issues with israel, they can stop certain things, they can do better, and should. but criticizing israel from a macro scale is idiotic and naïve.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Nov 29 2023 11:49am
Gold: 4.91
Nov 29 2023 11:56am
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 29 2023 01:49pm)
now work out the political calculus there.

-Palestinians do not want peace, they want jews to die. not just hamas, gazan school children want it. (this alone dispels myths from the early part of this thread, where fools had the temerity to suggest hamas is unpopular)

-Israel occupies the areas they do, and blockades all of gaza, because the people there want them wiped from the planet. not just hamas, the people there.

-if given the power to vote, the muslim minority will outbreed the jewish majority, take power, and expel or kill all of the jews.

this is why when you criticize israeli policy, and i do too a LOT on the micro scale, you hear "we do what we do to avoid being eliminated". because on the macro scale it's true.

the only plan that will "work" imo, is for israel to give up gaza, hunker down in a fully defensive stance, repel all attacks that 100% will come from gaza, and hope over the phase of 10-20 years gazans will realize its a losing battle and work on themselves. thats a BIG gamble. you might endure 20 years of extremely troubling attacks just for gaza's appetite for jewish blood to never be quenched.

none of that excuses micro scale issues with israel, they can stop certain things, they can do better, and should. but criticizing israel from a macro scale is idiotic and naïve.

Source:IDF propaganda
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16776786796806811171Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll