d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev16667686970443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 19 2018 10:44am
My bet is that she will show up at the last minute. If she doesn't itll destroy her attempt and if she does she can pretend to be a hero.
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 19 2018 10:44am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 10:39am)
I'm just trying to get the FBI to do what Devin Nunes repeatedly does, which is chasing rabbits down the hole. that's fair right?

I know I am biased, I'm not going to deny that. I've stated many times Trump should only have 1 SCOTUS pick so far, not two.

Investigating federal crimes and internal misconduct are stated purposes of the FBI and the inspector generals. Devin Nunes chairs the HPSCI and is specifically tasked with conducting oversight of the federal intelligence apparatus, that's his job. Just like how Trey Gowdy serves on the House Oversight Committee and is tasked with investigating official misconduct within the government at large.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 19 2018 10:45am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 10:39am)
I'm just trying to get the FBI to do what Devin Nunes repeatedly does, which is chasing rabbits down the hole. that's fair right?

I know I am biased, I'm not going to deny that. I've stated many times Trump should only have 1 SCOTUS pick so far, not two.

if eye for an eye justice was "fair" we wouldn't have the new testament.

i guess i just want things to actually be fair instead of dueling dick measuring contests, fuck me right?

the part you ignorred with your "pools of cash" deflections was this would set a precedent, and in the future the parties could just level false accusations knowing it would necessitate a full FBI investigation. when i said precedent i meant it. maybe i just care about victims of sexual assault more than petty politics that in the end wont change whether or not BK gets confirmed at the cost of the tax payer.
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 19 2018 10:49am
At least republicans had testicles and just said "NO" to Merrick Garland.
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 19 2018 10:53am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Sep 19 2018 10:49am)
At least republicans had testicles and just said "NO" to Merrick Garland.

Naw. They could have given him an up/down vote and voted no, but just like the Hastert Rule, they don't want to enforce party line votes that could either damage their moderates or even get enough to flip and confirm him.
So they killed Garland by Mokusatsu 黙殺
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 19 2018 10:54am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 19 2018 12:45pm)
if eye for an eye justice was "fair" we wouldn't have the new testament.

i guess i just want things to actually be fair instead of dueling dick measuring contests, fuck me right?

the part you ignorred with your "pools of cash" deflections was this would set a precedent, and in the future the parties could just level false accusations knowing it would necessitate a full FBI investigation. when i said precedent i meant it. maybe i just care about victims of sexual assault more than petty politics that in the end wont change whether or not BK gets confirmed at the cost of the tax payer.

if you cared about the victims of sexual assault like you claim, you should support an FBI investigation like Dr. Ford has called for, just sayin'... I'm with Team Ford, it's clear you're not (on either side) and that's fine and I'm not surprised as you're the most centrist poster on here probably and you're awfully proud of it as it's evident in most of your posts. I just want to get to the bottom of this, and we never will likely since people on BOTH SIDES are dodging testifying (Dr. Ford and Mark Judge are both dodging so far), it's unfortunate, oh well.
Sep 19 2018 10:56am
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 19 2018 12:53pm)
Naw. They could have given him an up/down vote and voted no, but just like the Hastert Rule, they don't want to enforce party line votes that could either damage their moderates or even get enough to flip and confirm him.
So they killed Garland by Mokusatsu 黙殺

Republicans are always playing politics, that's why the Democracts don't win much. Republicans are just plain better at politics. And it's sad to me as an Independent who votes democratic.

Sep 19 2018 10:58am
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 19 2018 12:44pm)
Investigating federal crimes and internal misconduct are stated purposes of the FBI and the inspector generals. Devin Nunes chairs the HPSCI and is specifically tasked with conducting oversight of the federal intelligence apparatus, that's his job. Just like how Trey Gowdy serves on the House Oversight Committee and is tasked with investigating official misconduct within the government at large.

I was using that as a general comparison (Nunes being a partisan hack), not a technical one. I know their jobs are vastly different.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 19 2018 11:02am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 10:54am)
if you cared about the victims of sexual assault like you claim, you should support an FBI investigation like Dr. Ford has called for, just sayin'... I'm with Team Ford, it's clear you're not (on either side) and that's fine and I'm not surprised as you're the most centrist poster on here probably and you're awfully proud of it as it's evident in most of your posts. I just want to get to the bottom of this, and we never will likely since people on BOTH SIDES are dodging testifying (Dr. Ford and Mark Judge are both dodging so far), it's unfortunate, oh well.

im for sexual assault victims, you're for an alleged sexual assault victim. you should learn what precedent means and then find a way to care about it.
Sep 19 2018 11:07am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 19 2018 01:02pm)
im for sexual assault victims, you're for an alleged sexual assault victim.

lol. I'm also for finding out the truth at all costs, if Dr. Ford is lying so be it, it would be worth finding out for me, I guess not so much for you...

& I know what precedent means, and I honestly don't give a shit right now, #RESIST! REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

While i'm pro-truth, at the same time I just want to see Kavanaugh's confirmation be as messy and difficult as possible, I think i've made that clear.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16667686970443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll