d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev16686696706716721176Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Nov 28 2023 08:31am
Quote (Many_Names @ Nov 28 2023 10:27am)
no you said its an open prison I said let egypt provide for them

Meanwhile in Egypt
Gold: 32,517.50
Nov 28 2023 08:37am
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ Nov 28 2023 02:31pm)

Egypt - We need a sprawling urban metropolis.

City planner - hold my camel

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Nov 28 2023 08:38am
Gold: 2,504.69
Nov 28 2023 08:49am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Nov 27 2023 03:00pm)
Do you support it?

YES, mostly just because i hate monarchies tho. in reality its likely an unbelievable mess.
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 28 2023 08:52am
Quote (Many_Names @ 28 Nov 2023 15:27)
no you said its an open prison I said let egypt provide for them

Nope.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/israeli-ministry-concept-paper-proposes-transferring-gaza-civilians-104487924

/e "TRANSFER" ....

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Nov 28 2023 08:53am
Nov 28 2023 09:12am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Nov 28 2023 08:52am)

At first glance, this proposal “is liable to be complicated in terms of international legitimacy,” the document acknowledges. “In our assessment, fighting after the population is evacuated would lead to fewer civilian casualties compared to what could be expected if the population were to remain.”

An Israeli official familiar with the document said it isn't binding and that there was no substantive discussion of it with security officials. Netanyahu’s office called it a “concept paper, the likes of which are prepared at all levels of the government and its security agencies."

“The issue of the ‘day after’ has not been discussed in any official forum in Israel, which is focused at this time on destroying the governing and military capabilities of Hamas,” the prime minister’s office said.

the article even claims its literally just a thinktank piece no one is actually discussing as a real plan. it's just some beurocrat's stab at minimizing civillian casualties, aka evacuate them then fight remaining hamas and destroy tunnels without people there. and states that its not likely to work in terms of international response.

its funny that people read that and say "see see see they do want to ethnically cleanse all of gaza". would never work, even hitler knew that. plan A in germany was to relocate all of the jews, but the cost was so expensive that it was actually cheaper to build camps to murder all of them.
Gold: 580.00
Nov 28 2023 09:21am
Quote (ferdia @ 28 Nov 2023 16:17)
Since 1967, 1million Palestinians have been arrested. The Palestinian population is 5.5M. let that sink in. The United Nations quotes 1 in 5 Palestinians spends time in Israeli jails. The Guardian has quoted "Israel has arrested an additional 3,260 Palestinians, including 120 women and more than 200 children, since 7 October."
Palestinians that die in captivity, their bodies are not returned to their families. They are detained, in jail, forever. Releasing detainee's, prisoners, while arresting dozens more daily. Charging a mother or grandmother for being happy her crippled child has been returned to her.
Administrative Detention (indefinitely detaining people without trial (this can be decades!) is a punitive action and Israel has normalized it, which is contrary to international law) has sky rocketed since Oct 7th.
Israel is on the air waves stating that Palestinians are less then human, what hope therefore that Palestinians will be treated humanely in Jail / detention ? Palestinians that give interviews are fined.
The courts are military courts, trying children (i cant believe I am actually reading this all, holy moly). If a child is detained, is there any rights that they have above those of an adult, noting, they are in fact, a child ?

on an aside, israel is at war, so all these people arrested are basically prisoners of war. does israel have specific laws enshrined to enable its current policies / treatment of prisoners, and can I read about these laws anywhere?

happy to be refuted on any of that.

I have no idea about the amounts but I know detainee can be considered someone being stopped on the road.
if you are arrested than you most likely done something if youre being prosecuted than jailed you probably did something

So you have 3 categories
Detain - lets say stopped for questioning.
Arrest - done something taken to police station
Jail - prosecuted and jailed.

no one is "indefinitely detaining people without trial"
that's hamas propaganda.

dont use violence or break the law and you wont sit in jail.
both jew and arab

This post was edited by Many_Names on Nov 28 2023 09:22am
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 28 2023 09:24am
Quote (thesnipa @ 28 Nov 2023 16:12)
the article even claims its literally just a thinktank piece no one is actually discussing as a real plan. it's just some beurocrat's stab at minimizing civillian casualties, aka evacuate them then fight remaining hamas and destroy tunnels without people there. and states that its not likely to work in terms of international response.
its funny that people read that and say "see see see they do want to ethnically cleanse all of gaza". would never work, even hitler knew that. plan A in germany was to relocate all of the jews, but the cost was so expensive that it was actually cheaper to build camps to murder all of them.

Ooooohhhhhh, so i guess this "ask Egypt to open the border" was just some kind of random, innocent, idea.

It's funny how some people are trying to dodge what is blatantly a clear deportation plan. I means... Why being ashamed after all ?...

https://www.france24.com/en/middle-east/20231031-israeli-ministry-drafted-concept-proposal-for-transfer-of-gaza-civilians-to-egypt

An Israeli government ministry has drafted a wartime proposal to transfer the Gaza Strip's 2.3 million people to Egypt's Sinai peninsula . com

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Nov 28 2023 09:26am
Nov 28 2023 09:27am
Quote (Meanwhile @ 28 Nov 2023 17:24)
Ooooohhhhhh, so i guess this "ask Egypt to open the border" was just some kind of random, innocent, idea.

It's funny how some people are trying to dodge what is blatantly a clear deportation plan. I means... Why being ashamed after all ?...

https://www.france24.com/en/middle-east/20231031-israeli-ministry-drafted-concept-proposal-for-transfer-of-gaza-civilians-to-egypt

An Israeli government ministry has drafted a wartime proposal to transfer the Gaza Strip's 2.3 million people to Egypt's Sinai peninsula . com

no what I ment was open the border with Egypt let them work there
I thought you weren't refering to work for them
dont put words in my mouth
I have no interest in Gaza they can keep and do what ever they like as long as my Population is safe.

transfering civilians to Egypt for war time is humanitarian idea if you prefer Hamas using them that's nice of you.

This post was edited by Many_Names on Nov 28 2023 09:30am
Nov 28 2023 09:29am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Nov 28 2023 09:24am)

no, its not an innocent idea. its a plan someone proposed that would never work, and was therefore not taken seriously. egypt has said since the war started that was a red line for them.

this "plan" is the same as asking france to take all 2.3 million people, dead on arrival.
Nov 28 2023 09:31am
Quote (thesnipa @ 28 Nov 2023 17:29)
no, its not an innocent idea. its a plan someone proposed that would never work, and was therefore not taken seriously. egypt has said since the war started that was a red line for them.

this "plan" is the same as asking france to take all 2.3 million people, dead on arrival.

Its a good idea if its temporary.
It will be much easier for us to take out hamas
I didn't know someone offered it until he posted it.

This post was edited by Many_Names on Nov 28 2023 09:31am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16686696706716721176Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll