d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev16566676869443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 19 2018 10:16am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 19 2018 12:10pm)
there aren't enough specifics to justify a local police investigation, let alone an FBI investigation.

you're taking the media bait hook, line, and sinker. do better, think harder.

1. is there enough info put forward about this case to justify a federal investigation?

2. do you trust Trump to instruct his FBI employeers to properly vet Kav?

if the answer the either or both above is no, then you should quietly sit down and stop saying Trump's lack of FBI investigation is the problem. Precedent isn't often a solid argument by it's own, but if we expect literally every single thing that comes up to be the subject of an FBI investigation we're not going to like the results. pools of cash down the drain with very little results.

in this case, to add to my already rock solid argument, we have the fact that Kav and his alleged co conspirator cant be charged, and an investigation likely wont change the vote to confirm Kav.

"pools of cash down the drain"

just lol, cash isn't the issue and you know it. The FBI wastes resources all the time.

1. the point of an investigation is to find information... The FBI could track down high school classmates of Bart O'Kavanaugh and Mark Judge, they could go through yearbooks, they could talk to people in Ford's circle, etc. there's so many potential things to investigate...

2. I don't trust trump to order an FBI investigation. I don't think it'll happen, as like I pointed out, trump only cares about transparency unless he thinks it's going to benefit him. An FBI investigation into Kavanaugh doesn't benefit him.
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 19 2018 10:19am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 12:16pm)

just lol, cash isn't the issue and you know it. The FBI wastes resources all the time.

1. the point of an investigation is to find information... The FBI could track down high school classmates of Bart O'Kavanaugh and Mark Judge, they could go through yearbooks, they could talk to people in Ford's circle, etc. there's so many potential things to investigate...

2. I don't trust trump to order an FBI investigation. I don't think it'll happen, as like I pointed out, trump only cares about transparency unless he thinks it's going to benefit him. An FBI investigation into Kavanaugh doesn't benefit him.

The current evidence available of the situation doesnt warrant whatever dumb ideas you have.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 19 2018 10:20am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 10:16am)

you misunderstand the role of law enforcement and investigations. the job of investigators isn't to look into ambiguous accusations. at all. accusations need to be credible, and with the info we have now this one isn't. we dont have a time or location, neither does the FBI.

on number 2 you clearly dont even understand what i asked. you're too biased. you should read again. and if you come up with the same "thought" dont type anything, your a mile off base.

but as i have a bachelors in CJ and years in the field im just going to stop here if you dont accept what im saying is right. if you persist with this "the FBI needs to chase this rabbit down the hole" nonsense its just clear you're not interested in facts, just anti trump media headlines. you're dead wrong here. now if the date and time and location of the alleged attack get released, then you'd have half a case. still only half tho, which you'll realize when u understand #2, IF i should say.
Gold: 13,704.02
Sep 19 2018 10:22am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 11:07am)
If i was a republican/conservative I would have a problem (if true) for sure, but I'm not, so I'm glad the democrats are finally starting to play politics like the republicans have been doing for years (like with McConnell not letting Garland get a vote).

:rofl: What a shitty response

"republicans are bad so this is totally fine with me"
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 19 2018 10:23am
The FBI isn't a private eye you can hire out to conduct whatever investigation you want willy nilly.
They conduct investigations into federal crimes. They conduct background checks for potential national security risks on appointees.
They have conducted 6 such background checks on Kavanaugh throughout his career as is routine, and an allegation of him getting handsy as a 17 year old, 36 years ago, has no relevance to US national security. The FBI does not investigate that sort of crap.They can't investigate it as a federal crime, because its not one, its probably doesn't even rise to the level of state crime even as alleged. Donald Trump does not possess the power to sic the FBI on someone without proper justification like evidence of a federal crime. He is a president, not a king, and cannot go out and command the FBI to open an investigation into Rosie O'Donnell tomorrow just because he doesn't like her.

The democrats aren't ignorant of this, Ford might be but she has the DNC behind her so its no mistake that she'd make an impossible request for an FBI investigation that can't be done.
There's only one reasonable explanation for her request: She's dodging. Avoiding testifying with a weak excuse.

Its still a long 5 days until monday. They might change their minds and decide to testify anyway. They might hitch their wagons to this excuse and try to throw a fit, in which case the nomination process will steam along unimpeded. But as of right now, what little credibility there was to the accuser and her lack of evidence and weak story just shot into astronomical readings on the bullshit-o-meter because she won't even go the Anita Hill route and testify to the senate, and gave such a transparent excuse. She's about as believable as Kim Dotcom right now

This post was edited by Goomshill on Sep 19 2018 10:27am
Sep 19 2018 10:28am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Sep 19 2018 12:19pm)
The current evidence available of the situation doesnt warrant whatever dumb ideas you have.

that's just your opinion.

my opinion is there is enough current evidence, and the media is digging up more evidence every day.

Let's take a look at the evidence:

-Mark Judge references one of his drinking buddies was "Bart O'Kavanaugh", (almost certainly a reference to Brett Kavanaugh), Judge also talked about how he (and his friends) would lust over catholic girls from other nearby schools, and they would extensively party/binge drink.

-Ford supposedly has receipts/note of therapy she and her husband went through in circa 2012.

The therapist's notes, according to the Post, say that Ford reported she was attacked by students of an elite boys school who went on to become "highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington."

-Kavanaugh has already likely committed multiple instances of perjury, unrelated to this, which brings into question his ability to tell the truth.

that's enough for me to want a complete FBI investigation.
Sep 19 2018 10:29am
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 19 2018 12:22pm)
:rofl: What a shitty response

"republicans are bad so this is totally fine with me"

i'm being honest lol, what do you want me to say? republicans are pretty shitty. Glad you didn't deny republicans have been playing politics for years (and are much better at it than the dems) and now the dems are finally taking a page from the G.O.P. playbook.
Gold: 17,384.69
Sep 19 2018 10:30am
Quote (EndlessSky @ 19 Sep 2018 17:14)
Ghot is the reason why people think conservatives are dumb. Even when hes right he just says stupid shit

how about saying stupid shit AND being wrong (like you, or Ghot) ? :rofl:

--------------------

Sexual assault in campus parties is not something common; less student girls are assaulted than non-student.
I dont understand how people can -blindly- support a guy who made these things.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 19 2018 10:31am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 10:28am)
that's just your opinion.

my opinion is there is enough current evidence, and the media is digging up more evidence every day.

Let's take a look at the evidence:

-Mark Judge references one of his drinking buddies was "Bart O'Kavanaugh", (almost certainly a reference to Brett Kavanaugh), Judge also talked about how he (and his friends) would lust over catholic girls from other nearby schools, and they would extensively party/binge drink.

-Ford supposedly has receipts/note of therapy she and her husband went through in circa 2012.

-Kavanaugh has already likely committed multiple instances of perjury, unrelated to this, which brings into question his ability to tell the truth.

that's enough for me to want a complete FBI investigation.

investigators tend to see things like times and locations as credible evidence, also things like alibis. not hearsay facebook status type "facts".

im glad you openly admitted to being a partisan hack in this very thread, its showing desperately with your stance here. you're an authoritarian hack.

Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 19 2018 10:23am)
The FBI isn't a private eye you can hire out to conduct whatever investigation you want willy nilly.
They conduct investigations into federal crimes. They conduct background checks for potential national security risks on appointees.
They have conducted 6 such background checks on Kavanaugh throughout his career as is routine, and an allegation of him getting handsy as a 17 year old, 36 years ago, has no relevance to US national security. The FBI does not investigate that sort of crap.They can't investigate it as a federal crime, because its not one, its probably doesn't even rise to the level of state crime even as alleged. Donald Trump does not possess the power to sic the FBI on someone without proper justification like evidence of a federal crime. He is a president, not a king, and cannot go out and command the FBI to open an investigation into Rosie O'Donnell tomorrow just because he doesn't like her.

The democrats aren't ignorant of this, Ford might be but she has the DNC behind her so its no mistake that she'd make an impossible request for an FBI investigation that can't be done.
There's only one reasonable explanation for her request: She's dodging. Avoiding testifying with a weak excuse.

Its still a long 5 days until monday. They might change their minds and decide to testify anyway. They might hitch their wagons to this excuse and try to throw a fit, in which case the nomination process will steam along unimpeded. But as of right now, what little credibility there was to the accuser and her lack of evidence and weak story just shot into astronomical readings on the bullshit-o-meter because she won't even go the Anita Hill route and testify to the senate, and gave such a transparent excuse. She's about as believable as Kim Dotcom right now

read this as many times as it takes to smarten you up, and turn off cnn.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 19 2018 10:32am
Sep 19 2018 10:39am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 19 2018 12:20pm)
you misunderstand the role of law enforcement and investigations. the job of investigators isn't to look into ambiguous accusations. at all. accusations need to be credible, and with the info we have now this one isn't. we dont have a time or location, neither does the FBI.

on number 2 you clearly dont even understand what i asked. you're too biased. you should read again. and if you come up with the same "thought" dont type anything, your a mile off base.

but as i have a bachelors in CJ and years in the field im just going to stop here if you dont accept what im saying is right. if you persist with this "the FBI needs to chase this rabbit down the hole" nonsense its just clear you're not interested in facts, just anti trump media headlines. you're dead wrong here. now if the date and time and location of the alleged attack get released, then you'd have half a case. still only half tho, which you'll realize when u understand #2, IF i should say.

I'm just trying to get the FBI to do what Devin Nunes repeatedly does, which is chasing rabbits down the hole. that's fair right?

I know I am biased, I'm not going to deny that. I've stated many times Trump should only have 1 SCOTUS pick so far, not two.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16566676869443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll