d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > European Union News > What's Up In The Eu.
Prev1654655656
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 129,445.50
Jun 21 2024 02:05pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 21 2024 08:56pm)
I already pointed this out in the past. Doesn't take away from the absolute level (not growth rates) they have reached. Again: the EU itself projects them to become net contributors by 2027. From that point on, they'll pay back the EU funding they received over the past 20 years.

I'm not beholden to your every post. Simply pointing out the more obvious reasons, as opposed to the less likely claim of low immigration being the driving force for growth.
Gold: 4,400.67
Jun 21 2024 03:42pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 21 Jun 2024 22:05)
I'm not beholden to your every post. Simply pointing out the more obvious reasons, as opposed to the less likely claim of low immigration being the driving force for growth.

Sure, I agree that their low levels of immigration have nothing to do - positive or negative - with their economic growth. My point is just that "coming from a low level where attaining high growth (rates) is easy" isn't a convincing explanation either. This factor doesn't explain why Poland has outpaced the other Eastern European countries quite substantially. Nor does the absolute level of their EU funding - as the most populous Eastern European EU country, they will of course receive the biggest absolute funding. Per capita, they're middle of the road among the net recipients:

Gold: 11,827.00
Jun 21 2024 03:45pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 21 2024 05:42pm)
Sure, I agree that their low levels of immigration have nothing to do - positive or negative - with their economic growth. My point is just that "coming from a low level where attaining high growth (rates) is easy" isn't a convincing explanation either. This factor doesn't explain why Poland has outpaced the other Eastern European countries quite substantially. Nor does the absolute level of their EU funding - as the most populous Eastern European EU country, they will of course receive the biggest absolute funding. Per capita, they're middle of the road among the net recipients:

https://i.imgur.com/k2FM4yQ.jpeg

Lmao at Luxembourg. Plebeians paying tribute to the patricians
Jun 21 2024 03:51pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 21 Jun 2024 23:45)
Lmao at Luxembourg. Plebeians paying tribute to the patricians

Yeah, I had to double check that number. Since Luxembourg hosts a lot of EU institutions and more than 13000 EU employees, there's a substantial amount of EU money going their way. And with how tiny the country is, this leads to bonkers per capita numbers.
Jun 21 2024 03:51pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 21 2024 10:42pm)

https://i.imgur.com/k2FM4yQ.jpeg

I think its pretty cut and dry. Lower starting point gave them more room for economic growth. Lower average wages makes their manufacturing more competitive.
Middle of the road by pretty small margins.

I also think looking at EU contributions/receipt is a fairly narrow scope to observe from anyway. Poland is doing well.

Poland isn't doing well because they have low migration. It was important to call out the neo-con, gaslighting closet racists linking economic growth with low migration.
If that was a factor North Korea would have a booming economy :thumbsup:

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Jun 21 2024 03:54pm
Jun 21 2024 04:01pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 21 Jun 2024 23:51)
I think its pretty cut and dry. Lower starting point gave them more room for economic growth. Lower average wages makes their manufacturing more competitive.
Middle of the road by pretty small margins.

I also think looking at EU contributions/receipt is a fairly narrow scope to observe from anyway. Poland is doing well.

Poland isn't doing well because they have low migration. It was important to call out the neo-con, gaslighting closet racists linking economic growth with low migration.
If that was a factor North Korea would have a booming economy :thumbsup:

Nice buzzword bingo, lol.

Imho, Poland's economic success is based on a number of factors:

- low wages and thus attractive for Western European and US companies.
- coming out of the Cold War, they had a stronger industrial base and infrastructure than many of their Eastern European peers, say Romania or Bulgaria.
- geographic proximity to Germany allowed them to be easily integrated into the supply chains of the continent's economic engine.
- competent economic policy, low influence by communists etc.
- loads of Poles moving to the UK during the 2000s, their remittances brought fresh capital to Poland's economy and helped kickstart their economic resurgence.
- this might be more subjective, but imho, the Poles are one of the hardestworking people in all of Europe.
Jun 21 2024 04:06pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 21 2024 11:01pm)
Nice buzzword bingo, lol.

Imho, Poland's economic success is based on a number of factors:

- low wages and thus attractive for Western European and US companies.
- coming out of the Cold War, they had a stronger industrial base and infrastructure than many of their Eastern European peers, say Romania or Bulgaria.
- geographic proximity to Germany allowed them to be easily integrated into the supply chains of the continent's economic engine.
- competent economic policy, low influence by communists etc.
- loads of Poles moving to the UK during the 2000s, their remittances brought fresh capital to Poland's economy and helped kickstart their economic resurgence.
- this might be more subjective, but imho, the Poles are one of the hardestworking people in all of Europe.

Could be. I heard it was keeping perogi recipes out of the hands of pesky migrants.

So whos to say whats true.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1654655656
Add Reply New Topic New Poll