d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev164656667681036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
May 7 2020 06:02am
Quote (Skinned @ May 7 2020 06:55am)
What human rights organizations have endorsed president trump?

the NRA
Gold: 14,745.00
May 7 2020 06:36am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 7 2020 08:02am)
the NRA

GOTEM
Gold: 285.00
May 7 2020 06:37am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 7 2020 08:02am)
the NRA

Guns are people too.

Every city's chamber of Commerce is now a human rights organization.

All these people getting shot for social distancing. Some McDonalds employees were just shot for asking people to social distance.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/3-mcdonalds-workers-hurt-customer-012414176.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/texas-bar-owner-armed-gunmen-swat-standoff-reopening-coronavirus.amp

Also why are these guys defending a bar with sport rifles? Didn't anyone tell them that they are for target shooting? What would they even use them for?

This post was edited by Skinned on May 7 2020 06:58am
May 7 2020 07:20am
Quote (Skinned @ May 7 2020 07:37am)
Guns are people too.

Every city's chamber of Commerce is now a human rights organization.

All these people getting shot for social distancing. Some McDonalds employees were just shot for asking people to social distance.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/3-mcdonalds-workers-hurt-customer-012414176.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/texas-bar-owner-armed-gunmen-swat-standoff-reopening-coronavirus.amp

Also why are these guys defending a bar with sport rifles? Didn't anyone tell them that they are for target shooting? What would they even use them for?

the NRA argument against the "assault weapons" label is that they're equivalent to a large number of other semi automatic guns. not that they're useless and ONLY for target shooting.

and that holds water. we see assault weapons used as a form of protest 100x more than as a gun to kill anyone. i personally find it miraculous that none of these show of force protests have broken out in violence, but if instead they were all carrying hand guns openly we can bet there would have been. instead they're hung on a sling and it seem to dissuade cops from getting violent with them. if those good ol' texas boys were all open carrying 6 shooters it might have gotten violent.

i dont own an "ar type" anything, but ive shot plenty on a range. never really got the appeal. i'd rather shoot something from 500+ yards with my 300 winmag if im gonna blow through ammo. and my home defense gun is that same sniper rifle along with a .410 and a 22 8 shooter revolver.
May 7 2020 08:27am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 7 2020 09:20am)
the NRA argument against the "assault weapons" label is that they're equivalent to a large number of other semi automatic guns. not that they're useless and ONLY for target shooting.

and that holds water. we see assault weapons used as a form of protest 100x more than as a gun to kill anyone. i personally find it miraculous that none of these show of force protests have broken out in violence, but if instead they were all carrying hand guns openly we can bet there would have been. instead they're hung on a sling and it seem to dissuade cops from getting violent with them. if those good ol' texas boys were all open carrying 6 shooters it might have gotten violent.

i dont own an "ar type" anything, but ive shot plenty on a range. never really got the appeal. i'd rather shoot something from 500+ yards with my 300 winmag if im gonna blow through ammo. and my home defense gun is that same sniper rifle along with a .410 and a 22 8 shooter revolver.

I like .22lr better than 5.56 nato, cheaper to shoot.

The war doctrine for 5..56 nato is interesting.

7.62×39 is the war fighters round. Those aren't made to tie up your medics lol.

Assault rifle is such an arbitrary term. When the SKS came out it was a motherfucking assault rifle....then the AK? A bullet comes out everytime you pull that trigger, no bolt or anything.

Fully automatic is fun. I used to be able to take apart and reassemble an M240 machinegun in under 120 seconds blindfolded...simple design...maybe the NRA considers the M240 machinegun to be an AR? I mean Assault Rifle, not ArmaLite plastic crap you can't even buttstroke a dude with.
May 7 2020 08:49am
Quote (Skinned @ May 7 2020 09:27am)
I like .22lr better than 5.56 nato, cheaper to shoot.

The war doctrine for 5..56 nato is interesting.

7.62×39 is the war fighters round. Those aren't made to tie up your medics lol.

Assault rifle is such an arbitrary term. When the SKS came out it was a motherfucking assault rifle....then the AK? A bullet comes out everytime you pull that trigger, no bolt or anything.

Fully automatic is fun. I used to be able to take apart and reassemble an M240 machinegun in under 120 seconds blindfolded...simple design...maybe the NRA considers the M240 machinegun to be an AR? I mean Assault Rifle, not ArmaLite plastic crap you can't even buttstroke a dude with.

the NRA doesn't consider anything an Assault Rifle in reality. it started off as a term used to sell guns to the military from gun manufacturers, and somehow has leeched into use of publicly owned guns it doesnt even apply to due to scare tactics by gun ignorant leftists. even the term Assault Weapon was only created to draw a distinction due to leftist confusion. Assault rifles are not semi automatic, all publicly owned guns that are legal are semi automatic.

im sure many anti gun people would be surprised to find out the damage almost any number of semi automatic guns can do. its one of the reasons Australia, although i disagree with the measure fervently, went full semi auto ban. because drawing a distinction between an AR clone that has a 5 round clip and one of any of my rifles that has a 5 round clip is moot. both can fire 5 rounds in the same amount of time and use the same ammunition. the extra sights, stocks, recoil reducers, etc can also all be installed on the semi automatic rifle. and anyways other than a few typifying events the large number of crimes and even terrorist shootings arent done with assault weapons. i saw a story on the reddit news sub that was about a permit carrying shooter from a road rage indecent. it was reported because of how rare it is.

but when i hear "assault rifle" or "weapons of war" or especially "you dont need this to kill a deer" i just tune out. who ever uses those terms is ignorant and beyond my reach in a conversation. if you think an AR clone is too big of a gun for killing a deer its because you've never shot one, or a deer. my 300 win mag will rip a hole in your body that no medic will ever close up. its a bolt action, not subject to semi auto bans. same goes for my Colt Python. that's not getting banned even under strict gun laws, but will put a hole in you that wont close up. if someone wants to talk about reasonable gun bans, restricting categories, or even full bans im open to talk. if someone wants to ban something that looks scary im out. nty.

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 7 2020 08:51am
May 7 2020 08:52am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 7 2020 10:49am)
the NRA doesn't consider anything an Assault Rifle in reality. it started off as a term used to sell guns to the military from gun manufacturers, and somehow has leeched into use of publicly owned guns it doesnt even apply to due to scare tactics by gun ignorant leftists. even the term Assault Weapon was only created to draw a distinction due to leftist confusion. Assault rifles are not semi automatic, all publicly owned guns that are legal are semi automatic.

im sure many anti gun people would be surprised to find out the damage almost any number of semi automatic guns can do. its one of the reasons Australia, although i disagree with the measure fervently, went full semi auto ban. because drawing a distinction between an AR clone that has a 5 round clip and one of any of my rifles that has a 5 round clip is moot. both can fire 5 rounds in the same amount of time and use the same ammunition. the extra sights, stocks, recoil reducers, etc can also all be installed on the semi automatic rifle. and anyways other than a few typifying events the large number of crimes and even terrorist shootings arent done with assault weapons. i saw a story on the reddit news sub that was about a permit carrying shooter from a road rage indecent. it was reported because of how rare it is.

but when i hear "assault rifle" or "weapons of war" or especially "you dont need this to kill a deer" i just tune out. who ever uses those terms is ignorant and beyond my reach in a conversation. if you think an AR clone is to big of a gun for killing a deer its because you've never shot one, or a deer. my 300 win mag will rip a hole in your body that no medic will ever close up. its a bolt action, not subject to semi auto bans. same goes for my Colt Python. that's not getting banned even under strict gun laws, but will put a hole in you that wont close up. if someone wants to talk about reasonable gun bans, restricting categories, or even full bans im open to talk. if someone wants to ban something that looks scary im out. nty.

AR 15s use 5.56 nato which aren't designed to kill anything. Who uses this for hunting?

An automatic shotgun is scarier than either.

This post was edited by Skinned on May 7 2020 08:52am
May 7 2020 08:55am
Quote (Skinned @ May 7 2020 09:52am)
AR 15s use 5.56 nato which aren't designed to kill anything. Who uses this for hunting?

An automatic shotgun is scarier than either.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-52510137/trudeau-you-don-t-need-an-ar-15-to-bring-down-a-deer

anyone who's played Call of Duty can confirm that shotguns are annoyingly effective. shit i could just put a 30 round drum on a cheap ass mossberg and take out a whole crowd in a minute. even if its semi auto. you're almost certainly better off with a semi auto in a terrorist attack anyways, less jams.
May 7 2020 09:08am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 7 2020 10:55am)
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-52510137/trudeau-you-don-t-need-an-ar-15-to-bring-down-a-deer

anyone who's played Call of Duty can confirm that shotguns are annoyingly effective. shit i could just put a 30 round drum on a cheap ass mossberg and take out a whole crowd in a minute. even if its semi auto. you're almost certainly better off with a semi auto in a terrorist attack anyways, less jams.

You can shoot the pavement in front of a group of people and the ricochet will ruin everyone's day. Talk about AoE. Its like a claymore with chunks of concrete.

I got shot in the leg with rocksalt from a shotgun as a teenager and it hurt pretty bad. It just tore up my leg a little through the jeans...put the fear of god on me to be shot at. We would break into a junk yard and find cars that still ran and did wild stuff like demo derby etc. They waited for us one day and opened fire and sent dogs lol. That was the end of that. What kids were like before computers lol.
May 7 2020 09:24am
Quote (Skinned @ May 7 2020 10:08am)
You can shoot the pavement in front of a group of people and the ricochet will ruin everyone's day. Talk about AoE. Its like a claymore with chunks of concrete.

I got shot in the leg with rocksalt from a shotgun as a teenager and it hurt pretty bad. It just tore up my leg a little through the jeans...put the fear of god on me to be shot at. We would break into a junk yard and find cars that still ran and did wild stuff like demo derby etc. They waited for us one day and opened fire and sent dogs lol. That was the end of that. What kids were like before computers lol.

our neighborhood had an angry old dude that liked to come out with a bb gun and 1 pump it if kids got too rowdy.

its weird that "back in my day" stuff like that is starting to apply to our lives. can u imagine the horror these days if u shot a kid with a bb or rock salt?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev164656667681036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll