d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev16465666768443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 19 2018 10:04am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 19 2018 12:01pm)

overall though, it's tosh. no one should have ever expected the trump FBI to investigate this, and even if they could there isn't yet nearly enough info to justify the investigation that no one should expect, even if there was more info. the media is just creating headlines with this one, its fake news.

that's the problem, that the media is forced to investigate because the Trump won't order the FBI to investigate/re-vet thoroughly.
Gold: 13,704.02
Sep 19 2018 10:05am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 11:04am)
that's the problem, that the media is forced to investigate because the Trump won't order the FBI to investigate/re-vet thoroughly.

You find no issue with Fienstien sitting on this for 8 weeks?

You're probably cool with that.
Sep 19 2018 10:06am
trump's stance on "transparency" is so partisan it's hilarious and hypocritical. He only wants "transparency" when it benefits him.
Sep 19 2018 10:07am
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 19 2018 12:05pm)
You find no issue with Fienstien sitting on this for 8 weeks?

You're probably cool with that.

If i was a republican/conservative I would have a problem (if true) for sure, but I'm not, so I'm glad the democrats are finally starting to play politics like the republicans have been doing for years (like with McConnell not letting Garland get a vote).
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 19 2018 10:09am
yes they can, just stop saying legal things. you're always wrong and you muddy up the waters with your incorrect bullshit.

stick with the "FBI shouldn't investigate ambiguous hearsay" narrative, that one's correct, legally.

They can't easily, justifiably investigate. Kav has been vetted 6 times already, it's NOT a federal crime and no state lines have been crossed. That's what the FBI said.
Maybe you should email them and correct them.

Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 19 2018 10:10am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 10:04am)

there aren't enough specifics to justify a local police investigation, let alone an FBI investigation.

you're taking the media bait hook, line, and sinker. do better, think harder.

1. is there enough info put forward about this case to justify a federal investigation?

2. do you trust Trump to instruct his FBI employeers to properly vet Kav?

if the answer the either or both above is no, then you should quietly sit down and stop saying Trump's lack of FBI investigation is the problem. Precedent isn't often a solid argument by it's own, but if we expect literally every single thing that comes up to be the subject of an FBI investigation we're not going to like the results. pools of cash down the drain with very little results.

in this case, to add to my already rock solid argument, we have the fact that Kav and his alleged co conspirator cant be charged, and an investigation likely wont change the vote to confirm Kav.

Quote (Ghot @ Sep 19 2018 10:09am)
They can't easily, justifiably investigate. Kav has been vetted 6 times already, it's NOT a federal crime and no state lines have been crossed. That's what the FBI said.

Quote (Ghot @ Sep 19 2018 09:53am)
FBI can't investigate cause it's not a federal crime.

its almost like you said 2 things but only one of them is right. or something.

Quote (Horford @ Sep 19 2018 10:11am)
you're right, they can't JUSTIFIABLY investigate it because Trump hasn't (and probably won't) order them to.

also wrong, they can't because of that AND because there isnt enough info to justify an investigation. stop being half right, its like you're having a stroke and only half of your brain is on.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 19 2018 10:12am
Sep 19 2018 10:11am
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 19 2018 12:09pm)

you're right, they can't JUSTIFIABLY investigate it because Trump hasn't (and probably won't) order them to.

Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 19 2018 10:12am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 19 2018 12:10pm)
there aren't enough specifics to justify a local police investigation, let alone an FBI investigation.

you're taking the media bait hook, line, and sinker. do better, think harder.

1. is there enough info put forward about this case to justify a federal investigation?

2. do you trust Trump to instruct his FBI employeers to properly vet Kav?

if the answer the either or both above is no, then you should quietly sit down and stop saying Trump's lack of FBI investigation is the problem. Precedent isn't often a solid argument by it's own, but if we expect literally every single thing that comes up to be the subject of an FBI investigation we're not going to like the results. pools of cash down the drain with very little results.

in this case, to add to my already rock solid argument, we have the fact that Kav and his alleged co conspirator cant be charged, and an investigation likely wont change the vote to confirm Kav.

its almost like you said 2 things but only one of them is right. or something.

Like I said. I'm just repeating what the FBI said 2 days ago. You think they're wrong, email them an splain it to them.
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 19 2018 10:14am
yes they can, and yes they have. but they also generally investigate whether there is a pattern of behavior in regards to the job's duties. Like if someone is going to head up the DEA and has a past history with drugs. If they found a "pattern of history" that Kav was a bro in high school and was callous towards a few young women it wouldnt really effect his job readiness for USSC cases. Run of the mill sexual assault isn't really a supreme court matter. We could make the argument that Kav is besmirching the office, but we have potus trump. so that doesnt hold much water.

overall though, it's tosh. no one should have ever expected the trump FBI to investigate this, and even if they could there isn't yet nearly enough info to justify the investigation that no one should expect, even if there was more info. the media is just creating headlines with this one, its fake news.

yes they can, just stop saying legal things. you're always wrong and you muddy up the waters with your incorrect bullshit.

stick with the "FBI shouldn't investigate ambiguous hearsay" narrative, that one's correct, legally.

stock response fail. try harder dumb dumb

Ghot is the reason why people think conservatives are dumb. Even when hes right he just says stupid shit
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 19 2018 10:15am
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 19 2018 10:12am)
Like I said. I'm just repeating what the FBI said 2 days ago. You think they're wrong, email them an splain it to them.

i said the FBI was right, and so were you when you correctly referenced them. i said you were wrong, when you tried and failed to present your own thoughts. you still are, and they still are, thus you're saying 2 different things that i bolded.

im not sure how much more silly u could look right now.

Quote (EndlessSky @ Sep 19 2018 10:14am)
Ghot is the reason why people think conservatives are dumb. Even when hes right he just says stupid shit

indeeeeeeed
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16465666768443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll