d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev16476486496506511177Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,921.71
Nov 24 2023 01:06pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 24 2023 12:58pm)
no one is looking for who to blame, really, all blame hamas. a lot of people just have fairy tales in their heads pretending that israel can go "only after hamas". and they're too cowardly to admit they want hamas to crawl back into their tunnels and get away with it if israel cant do that, and of course they cant.

they'd also be 100% ok if israel entered the tunnels and entered gaza on foot, and died 20 to 1 vs hamas.

It’s not that people are looking for fairly tales, but rather the IDF has destroyed their own credibility with circs 1998 level propaganda antics, which has worsened the already existing cloud of war. All the while pretending they have been saints for 20 years which is a laughable thought. It’s the lack of accountability that is the real head banger, not necessarily the approach

Also I would obviously refute the notion Israeli soldiers would die 20:1 if they entered on foot

Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 24 2023 01:07pm
Man they value life we all believe it
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 24 2023 01:07pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 24 2023 06:09pm)
...they attacked soldiers and likely got food, water, and shelter in return then were returned unraped...the same cant be said for the sad souls hamas has had for well over a month.

Is there prior history of Hamas taking hostages like this, excluding the case of Gilad Shalit ? and can you provide sources for your comments ? I left out the word "unbeaten" noting there are numerous accounts and video's of Palestinians being beaten in captivity. is Palestinian even the right word, i mean they dont have a country. what is the definition of the world Palestinian anyway. From what I can tell, there is very little information available, both historically and current ( but very happy to be provided links to read about it ).

Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 24 2023 07:04pm)
right, my point is tho:

20:1 israelis die = they are fine with it

20:1 palestinains die = they call it genocide

the bias is clear.

who is "they" and where have "they" even suggested this ? in no sane world would the international community condone the excessive disparity in loss of life (20:1). The only people that want such ratio's are those that support Hamas, and "they" are fundamentalists. When was the last time Israel fought a war and had losses of 20:1 ? I would go so far as to say never. I am going to take a leap of faith here and say, in all wars where one side had overwhelming might, the aggressor was condemned internationally.

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 24 2023 01:14pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Nov 24 2023 01:13pm
Quote (Bazi @ Nov 24 2023 01:06pm)
It’s not that people are looking for fairly tales, but rather the IDF has destroyed their own credibility with circs 1998 level propaganda antics, which has worsened the already existing cloud of war. All the while pretending they have been saints for 20 years which is a laughable thought. It’s the lack of accountability that is the real head banger, not necessarily the approach

Also I would obviously refute the notion Israeli soldiers would die 20:1 if they entered on foot

why? if they made a wall of flesh and cleared gaza city they'd find a few blocks of a ghost town ahead of them, and nothing but booby trapped houses. the real crux isnt even the death toll, its that this type of operation wouldnt achieve much, and would be condemned all the same as a land grab and ethnic cleansing.

also rockets headed for tel aviv would be aimed at israeli soldiers with far greater accuracy.

we're in a place where israel has zero credibility, and hamas' is a negative number.

Quote (ferdia @ Nov 24 2023 01:07pm)
Is there prior history of Hamas taking hostages like this, excluding the case of Gilad Shalit ? and can you provide sources for your comments ? I left out the word unbeaten noting there are numerous accounts and video's of Palestinians being beaten in captivity.

i was being hyperbolic, im sure we can agree that life as an israeli prisoner is basically heaven compared to life as a hamas prisoner. correct?

who is "they" and where have "they" even suggested this ? in no sane world would the international community condone the excessive disparity in loss of life (20:1).

the moment it was announced hamas killed thousands many people said "serves them right". people openly celebrated. not you, but they're all over. BLM changed its logo to a paratrooper. there are a lot of people hoping more israelis die to pay back the lives of palestinian civilians.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Nov 24 2023 01:15pm
Nov 24 2023 01:18pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 24 2023 07:13pm)
why? if they made a wall of flesh and cleared gaza city they'd find a few blocks of a ghost town ahead of them, and nothing but booby trapped houses. the real crux isnt even the death toll, its that this type of operation wouldnt achieve much, and would be condemned all the same as a land grab and ethnic cleansing.

we're in a place where israel has zero credibility, and hamas' is a negative number.

i was being hyperbolic, im sure we can agree that life as an israeli prisoner is basically heaven compared to life as a hamas prisoner. correct?

the moment it was announced hamas killed thousands many people said "serves them right". people openly celebrated. not you, but they're all over. BLM changed its logo to a paratrooper. there are a lot of people hoping more israelis die to pay back the lives of palestinian civilians.

someone gave out about words such as apartheid and genocide. I went away, I did some reading and i asked a few questions. I had discussions on both words. I understand both sides position on each word now. I also am minded not to use these words again, similar to not referring to WW2 etc. In this regard we dont need unhelpful (hyperbolic) comments/accusations, but i accept it is what it is. Anyone that says "serves them right" is a failure of a human being.
Gold: 2,504.69
Nov 24 2023 01:22pm
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 24 2023 01:18pm)
someone gave out about words such as apartheid and genocide. I went away, I did some reading and i asked a few questions. I had discussions on both words. I understand both sides position on each word now. I also am minded not to use these words again, similar to not referring to WW2 etc. In this regard we dont need unhelpful (hyperbolic) comments/accusations, but i accept it is what it is. Anyone that says "serves them right" is a failure of a human being.

hyperbole is never an issue, if when asked about it you admit its hyperbole.

this isnt comparable to someone saying "israel is doing a bigly ethnic cleansing", then asking specifics, and they fail to substantiate it.

you're in a good position to take my posts literally, and ask about facts you feel arent accurate, and then accept the werent literal if told so. which i try to do any time that's the case. im not an entirely literal person, and try to use language to illustrate a point, even if it's not literal. but im also not offended by nit picking to discern when i am and am not being literal, because often i am literal too.

in that instance specifically its clear israel treats their prisoners FAR better, but not entirely perfectly, than hamas.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Nov 24 2023 01:23pm
Nov 24 2023 01:24pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 24 2023 07:22pm)
hyperbole is never an issue, if when asked about it you admit its hyperbole.

this isnt comparable to someone saying "israel is doing a bigly ethnic cleansing", then asking specifics, and they fail to substantiate it.

you're in a good position to take my posts literally, and ask about facts you feel arent accurate, and then accept the werent literal if told so. which i try to do any time that's the case. im not an entirely literal person, and try to use language to illustrate a point, even if it's not literal. but im also not offended by nit picking to discern when i am and am not being literal, because often i am literal too.

in that instance specifically its clear israel treats their prisoners FAR better, but not entirely perfectly, than hamas.

on this yes i can agree. it will be very interesting what information is made public re: the treatment of prisoners.

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 24 2023 01:25pm
Gold: 580.00
Nov 24 2023 01:26pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 24 Nov 2023 21:04)
right, my point is tho:

20:1 israelis die = they are fine with it

20:1 palestinains die = they call it genocide

the bias is clear.

it doesnt matter, its not possible in any way to kill just hamas. you either wage war and thousands die, or you let hamas get away with it entirely. those are the only 2 options really.

i suppose to be fair there was an option to clear gaza city one block at a time, maybe taking as much as a full day per block. but they'd call it ethnic cleansing if you moved people, and it wouldnt do anything to combat hamas. they'd just move ahead of the approach and they'd booby trap each block. if u move slow enough to avoid civilian casualties it accomplishes nothing.

Its not possible either you cant clear Hamas without casualties because all their strategy is based on civilian casualties
They want them to die, so the world will put pressure on israel to stop

This post was edited by Many_Names on Nov 24 2023 01:27pm
Gold: 580.00
Nov 24 2023 01:39pm
Quote (ferdia @ 24 Nov 2023 21:24)
on this yes i can agree. it will be very interesting what information is made public re: the treatment of prisoners.

There is no public information about israeli hostages in Gaza.
I can tell you that the Israeli public is furious with the treatment of palestinians prisoners.
First degree in jail, meals made of what ever they want, monthly payment to purchase things in the jail cantina (store).
And more..
Nov 24 2023 01:41pm
Quote (Many_Names @ Nov 24 2023 07:26pm)
Its not possible either you cant clear Hamas without casualties because all their strategy is based on civilian casualties
They want them to die, so the world will put pressure on israel to stop

Israel does not care about the worlds opinions (from what I can gather). By this i mean, the UN. Israel cares about their interests, which is normal. It is clear to me they are getting a bit of push back from their one ally - the US. From what I can tell, the political establishment in the US is very concerned with whats going on, and is expected to go on for months. I think Israel cant afford to replace Benjamin Netanyahu at this time. They also probably want Biden or a Biden like character in the White House. happy to discuss this aspect at length.

Quote (Many_Names @ Nov 24 2023 07:39pm)
There is no public information about israeli hostages in Gaza.
I can tell you that the Israeli public is furious with the treatment of palestinians prisoners.
First degree in jail, meals made of what ever they want, monthly payment to purchase things in the jail cantina (store).
And more..

its a low bar to compare against Hamas etc. you dont want to compare. "they mistreated 5000, we only mistreated 4000". better to use a winning argument ( and referencing hamas in any way, is a winning argument ).

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 24 2023 01:43pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16476486496506511177Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll