d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev16406416426436441177Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Nov 23 2023 06:02am
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 23 2023 01:47pm)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Return this is made up? there is no right to return for anyone? please be very clear here. could it not be construed that all jewish people, outside of Israel, have a refugee status, on the basis that, there is a law, that enables them to "come home" to israel ? on the basis that Israel, is the home land, promised land (or however you want to frame it). broadly.

in comparison to palestinians, who, do not? have this right?

The law exists and is like you wrote.
The Palestinians aren’t speaking about a law. They are speaking about a right. Which is fundamentaly stronger implications than any law. And this claim is something which is, as far as I know, unique to them.

/e
To change the law of return to include more ethnicities, they need to have proper representation in the Knesset and to do so. Since they are not Israelis nor they want to be, it’s not going to include Palestinians in it..

This post was edited by WhiteSouned on Nov 23 2023 06:04am
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 23 2023 06:03am
Quote (WhiteSouned @ Nov 23 2023 12:02pm)
The law exists and is like you wrote.
The Palestinians aren’t speaking about a law. They are speaking about a right. Which is fundamentaly stronger implications than any law. And this claim is something which is, as far as I know, unique to them.

"This law does not provide for the State to bestow the right to settle upon the Jew living abroad; it affirms that this right is inherent in him from the very fact of being a Jew; the State does not grant the right of return to the Jews of the diaspora. This right preceed [sic] the State; this right build [sic] the State; its source is to be found in the historic and never broken connection between the Jewish people and the homeland."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Return

to my mind what i just quoted conflicts with your post. the point that i am making here is that palestinians (and forgive me now, israeli's could previously have called themselves palestinians as well or?) that are non jewish, do not have this right. but jewish palestinians do. is this not part of the fundamental drivers of the problem within Israel? I accept the argument that israel needs this (noting their birth rates are so low, in comparison to say non jewish israeli's/palestinians) but i would contest that this is exacerbating the problem (and no i dont have any idea of a solution).

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 23 2023 06:08am
Nov 23 2023 06:06am
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 23 2023 02:03pm)
"This law does not provide for the State to bestow the right to settle upon the Jew living abroad; it affirms that this right is inherent in him from the very fact of being a Jew; the State does not grant the right of return to the Jews of the diaspora. This right preceed [sic] the State; this right build [sic] the State; its source is to be found in the historic and never broken connection between the Jewish people and the homeland."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Return

to my mind what i just quoted conflicts with your post.

Read my edit.
Note that there are more ethnicities in Israel which this law doesn’t apply to them.
Nov 23 2023 06:09am
Quote (WhiteSouned @ Nov 23 2023 12:06pm)
Read my edit.
Note that there are more ethnicities in Israel which this law doesn’t apply to them.

ok so what is your view on the two state solution?

to be clear my view is:

the one state solution would only work if that state only has one people of one mind in it, by an overwhelming majority (like 70%+) and there would be NO authority, other then the Israeli Government.
the two state solution, similar to the above, would also have an overwhelming jewish population in Israel and there would be NO authority, other then the Israeli Government in Israel and w/e the other state wanted in their country.

As it stands Hamas (Gaza) and Palestinian Authority (West Bank) makes completely no sense to the long term establishment of peace.

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 23 2023 06:12am
Nov 23 2023 06:14am
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 23 2023 02:09pm)

It’s either that or a massive war campaign which will end with one undisputed winner who takes all.
I support two states solution under the terms I wrote previously.
Above all , to make it work, the Palestinians shall Give up the unrealistic demand for the “right of return”.

Quote (ferdia @ Nov 23 2023 02:09pm)

the one state solution would only work if that state only has one people of one mind in it, by an overwhelming majority (like 70%+) and there would be NO authority, other then the Israeli Government.
the two state solution, similar to the above, would also have an overwhelming jewish population in Israel and there would be NO authority, other then the Israeli Government in Israel and w/e the other state wanted in their country.

As it stands Hamas (Gaza) and Palestinian Authority (West Bank) makes completely no sense to the long term establishment of peace.

Seems reasonable and it kinda supports the Israeli policy from 1967 that the Arab world is not ready for a Jewish state and once it will Cs than we’ll be able to solve the situation. Hence, the conflict is not to be resolved but to be managed.

This post was edited by WhiteSouned on Nov 23 2023 06:17am
Gold: 580.00
Nov 23 2023 06:17am
Quote (ferdia @ 23 Nov 2023 14:09)

to be clear my view is:

the one state solution would only work if that state only has jewish people in it, by an overwhelming majority (like 70%+) and there would be NO authority, other then the Israeli Government

First you need to understand the underlying.
Jews will not accept anyone to control them after happened in holocaust we want our faith in our own hands.
Two states is not viable in current borders.
They can have autonomy on everything they want apart from an army they can become hong kong or swaziland not more.
This is being realistic, if they want a country they can migrate to Jordan which the real palestinian country.

Nov 23 2023 06:20am
Quote (Many_Names @ Nov 23 2023 12:17pm)
First you need to understand the underlying.
Jews will not accept anyone to control them after happened in holocaust we want our faith in our own hands.
Two states is not viable in current borders.
They can have autonomy on everything they want apart from an army they can become hong kong or swaziland not more.
This is being realistic, if they want a country they can migrate to Jordan which the real palestinian country.

ok well, you have to also accept that if you give them autonomy, but not a country, and no control of their own destiny, you dont give them equal rights, thats, forgive me now, is a form of apartheid. This outlook and its accompanying policies has, for generations, not worked in Israel. This is also being realistic. you cant give them autonomy, you need to either integrate them into society, let them go, force them to go, or leave. What you are suggesting is the preexisting status quo and thats a dead end.

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 23 2023 06:26am
Gold: 580.00
Nov 23 2023 06:24am
Quote (ferdia @ 23 Nov 2023 14:20)
ok well, you have to also accept that if you give them autonomy, but not a country, and no control of their own destiny, you dont give them equal rights, thats, forgive me now, a form of apartheid. This outlook and its accompanying policies has, for generations, not worked in Israel. This is also being realistic. you cant give them autonomy, you need to either integrate them into society, let them go, force them to go, or leave.

Have you seen the borders of Israel?
9 miles between sea and west bank.
no logical leader will let them arm.

I let them go to do what ever they like just not having an army for at least 30-40 years or at all.
something like japan after wwII

This post was edited by Many_Names on Nov 23 2023 06:26am
Nov 23 2023 06:33am
Quote (Many_Names @ Nov 23 2023 12:24pm)
Have you seen the borders of Israel?
9 miles between sea and west bank.
no logical leader will let them arm.

I let them go to do what ever they like just not having an army for at least 30-40 years or at all.
something like japan after wwII

Yes this argument was said before and I already responded before. There is no logical sense to have Gaza and the West Bank separated. There is no logical sense for them not to be under Israeli law. There is no logical sense for Israel to have illegal settlements or encroach on palestinian homes, honestly, get rid of one or the other, or both. You cannot have 3 authorities in one country (you cant have two either). This policy of limited rights has simply not worked, and as it does not look long term viable, noting the sheer volumes of incidents occuring every day, every week, every month, every year, every decade.

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 23 2023 06:34am
Nov 23 2023 06:38am
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 23 2023 02:33pm)
Yes this argument was said before and I already responded before. There is no logical sense to have Gaza and the West Bank separated. There is no logical sense for them not to be under Israeli law. There is no logical sense for Israel to have illegal settlements or encroach on palestinian homes, honestly, get rid of one or the other, or both. You cannot have 3 authorities in one country (you cant have two either). This policy of limited rights has simply not worked, and as it does not look long term viable, noting the sheer volumes of incidents occuring every day, every week, every month, every year, every decade.

The sad truth is that no one really knows how to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and how life will look like the day after.
Personally I’ll very much like to see new leaders emerged on both sides. Competent politicians with a vision that we can all rally behind.
I agree with what you wrote.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16406416426436441177Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll