d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev16396406416426431177Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 580.00
Nov 23 2023 04:43am
Quote (ferdia @ 23 Nov 2023 11:47)
ok can you elaborate? i will scroll back to see if i can find it.

wiki ~ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_statistics_for_Israeli_settlements_in_the_West_Bank

As of January 2023, there are 144 Israeli settlements in the West Bank, including 12 in East Jerusalem.[2] In addition, there are over 100 Israeli illegal outposts in the West Bank. In total, over 450,000 Israeli settlers live in the West Bank excluding East Jerusalem, with an additional 220,000 Jewish settlers residing in East Jerusalem.[3][4]

wiki ~ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Bank

As of 2022, there are over 450,000 Israeli settlers living in 132 Israeli settlements in the West Bank excluding East Jerusalem, with an additional 220,000 Jewish settlers residing in 12 settlements in East Jerusalem.

I cant find anything to hand to show the population growth but I will look later, but regardless, thats almost half a million people, are you suggesting they will leave if the palestinians in the west bank say "ok lets make peace not war" ? I presume that wiki information is correct.

--------------

so TLDR: 450,000 Israeli's in the west bank and you are suggesting -

that makes no sense to me and does not sound credible. there are legal and illegal settlements in the west bank (no idea what defines the two), there is no way that individually or collectively they pack their bags and go home. why would palestinians be given any degree of control in the west bank if it is an occupied territory ? this makes no sense to me. if Israel wants to pacify the area and "move out" surely the first step is controlling the entire population (muslim/jewish/israeli/palestinian).

if my statements are irritating, i am sorry, i am just trying to understand.

You are not irritating,
The settlements in Gaza strip were also expanded and when decided by abu mazen to make it new Singapur we left.
There were also settlements in Sinai peninsula that we evacuated after the peace with Egypt.
So our intentions are pretty much proven.

This post was edited by Many_Names on Nov 23 2023 04:44am
Gold: 0.00
Nov 23 2023 04:48am
Quote (Many_Names @ Nov 23 2023 12:43pm)
You are not irritating,
The settlements in Gaza strip were also expanded and when decided by abu mazen to make it new Singapur we left.
There were also settlements in Sinai peninsula that we evacuated after the peace with Egypt.
So our intentions are pretty much proven.

He makes a valid point about the West Bank situation. It’s an ongoing discussion that we have anyway.
Basically if you want to control and occupy, then do it. If don’t want to control and occupy, then don’t and pull out.
The situation is of course more complex than that but something out of the two must happen eventually..
Nov 23 2023 04:50am
Quote (WhiteSouned @ 23 Nov 2023 12:48)
He makes a valid point about the West Bank situation. It’s an ongoing discussion that we have anyway.
Basically if you want to control and occupy, then do it. If don’t want to control and occupy, then don’t and pull out.
The situation is of course more complex than that but something out of the two must happen eventually..

I am against leaving the area until there is an agreement and security issues solved and in our hands specially now after what happened on October 7th

This post was edited by Many_Names on Nov 23 2023 04:51am
Nov 23 2023 04:50am
double post sry

This post was edited by Many_Names on Nov 23 2023 04:51am
Nov 23 2023 04:57am
Quote (Many_Names @ Nov 23 2023 12:50pm)
I am against leaving the area until there is an agreement and security issues solved and in our hands specially now after what happened on October 7th

Yes I agree with that.. we can’t allow another Gaza.
1. They should recognise Israel
2. Give up the “right to return”
3. Finish their refugee status.

Security, borders etc will be resolved after.
Nov 23 2023 05:12am
Quote (WhiteSouned @ 23 Nov 2023 12:57)
Yes I agree with that.. we can’t allow another Gaza.
1. They should recognise Israel
2. Give up the “right to return”
3. Finish their refugee status.

Security, borders etc will be resolved after.

Isnt that crazy that a person born in Jordan lebanon or syria after the Arab league told them to leave so they can finish the Jews in 1948 still have refugee status?
Where did he ran from? He was born in Jordan, Lebanon or Syria?
How can next generation be refugees?

This post was edited by Many_Names on Nov 23 2023 05:12am
Nov 23 2023 05:23am
Quote (Many_Names @ Nov 23 2023 01:12pm)
Isnt that crazy that a person born in Jordan lebanon or syria after the Arab league told them to leave so they can finish the Jews in 1948 still have refugee status?

It’s absurd..
why the Palestinians needs UNRWA ? What makes them so special ?
What makes Palestinians in the West Bank , after 1967, be more Palestinians than those in Jordan ?
This entire conflict is full of bad faith and foreign interests.
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 23 2023 05:33am
Quote (Many_Names @ Nov 23 2023 11:12am)

is this not double standards noting that there is a jewish (not born in israel) right of return ? i thought i read that if you were jewish, from anywhere in the world, and your grandfather? was jewish, or something? you could attain israeli status. if its good for the goose why not good for the gander (i.e. palestinian's right of return). i saw a figure of 3.4m people (jewish ppl) that availed of this.

if they had the right to return to their homes in what is now israel would that not solve the problem? pedantically this would not solve the problem as you would have a higher proportion of non jewish ppl, in israel.

-------------

if the palestinian authority, in the west bank, does not recognise israel, surely you remove it and find a palestinian authority that will recognise. i am being very blunt now on purpose. it makes no sense to me to perpetuate this issue.

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 23 2023 05:36am
Nov 23 2023 05:44am
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 23 2023 01:33pm)
is this not double standards noting that there is a jewish (not born in israel) right of return ? i thought i read that if you were jewish, from anywhere in the world, and your grandfather? was jewish, or something? you could attain israeli status. if its good for the goose why not good for the gander (i.e. palestinian's right of return). i saw a figure of 3.4m people (jewish ppl) that availed of this.

if they had the right to return to their homes in what is now israel would that not solve the problem? pedantically this would not solve the problem as you would have a higher proportion of non jewish ppl, in israel.

-------------

if the palestinian authority, in the west bank, does not recognise israel, surely you remove it and find a palestinian authority that will recognise. i am being very blunt now on purpose. it makes no sense to me to perpetuate this issue.

Citizenship and refugee status are not the same.
There is no “right to return”. It’s their terminology. Do I have a right to return to my great great grandfather home in Germany ? It’s simply doesn’t exist.
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 23 2023 05:47am
Quote (WhiteSouned @ Nov 23 2023 11:44am)
Citizenship and refugee status are not the same.
There is no “right to return”. It’s their terminology. Do I have a right to return to my great great grandfather home in Germany ? It’s simply doesn’t exist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Return this is made up? there is no right to return for anyone? please be very clear here. could it not be construed that all jewish people, outside of Israel, have a refugee status, on the basis that, there is a law, that enables them to "come home" to israel ? on the basis that Israel, is the home land, promised land (or however you want to frame it). broadly.

in comparison to palestinians, who, do not? have this right?

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 23 2023 05:56am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16396406416426431177Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll