d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Censorship Thread
Prev16364656667124Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,296.75
Mar 19 2019 12:45pm

Republican conservative takes a stand

let's see what the Fox News judge has to say

Fox News legal analyst Andrew Napolitano appeared on Fox & Friends and shot down Rep. Devin Nunes recently field lawsuit against Twitter.

Fox News was first to report on the lawsuit, and their report reveals that Nunes is accusing Twitter “of “shadow-banning conservatives” including himself to influence the 2018 elections, systematically censoring opposing viewpoints and totally ‘ignoring’ lawful complaints of repeated abusive behavior”

When asked for his expert legal opinion, “Judge Nap” charitably called Nunes court filing “novel litigation” adding that “we haven’t seen anything like this before.”

He then explained how “the First Amendment does not regulate Twitter. It’s a private entity,” the questioning the motivation behind Nunes’ lawsuit, saying “he may be doing this just to make a statement.”

After co-host Steve Doocy affirmed that assessment, Napolitano suggested that might backfire, saying “sometimes courts don’t like to be used to make political statements but we will see where this goes.”

Brian Kilmeade pushed back saying “one thing is he saying he shadowbans. His tweets aren’t being seen and he is being suppressed.”

Nap agreed, saying “that’s horrible. If it happened to me I would be furious,” before making it clear that “It’s not illegal. They are not the government.”

This post was edited by Beowulf on Mar 19 2019 01:01pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 19 2019 07:00pm
Gold: 21.93
Mar 19 2019 08:36pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 18 2019 03:31pm)
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amazon-removes-books-promoting-autism-cures-and-vaccine-misinformation/

"Amazon is removing books that promote supposed "cures" for autism"

Again, if you had told me 15 years ago that the Internet by 2020 would be basically the same sites and same functionality and same speed as it was in 2005, with the only differences being that you'd browse it from cell phones and everything would be buried under ridiculous heaps of orwellian censorship, well, if you told me all that I'd shoot you and steal your time machine and jet off to the 2300s and bang some androids. Because maybe at least by 2300 we'll be rid of this nonsense

Why would you be against this?
This media does great harm and has ZERO benefits.
Gold: 22,164.69
Mar 19 2019 08:45pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Mar 19 2019 08:36pm)

Same reason I'm okay with Qurans being printed.

Try imagining a world not from a lens of "Everyone else must think the same way I do" and "I'm okay with other people being wrong and maybe I'm wrong sometimes too"
Controlling what information others are allowed to see is just a desire to brainwash the public. It doesn't matter how right or wrong you are. Once you play arbiter with what ideas are forbidden, what policies cannot be discussed, what forms of expression cannot be tolerated- you bring about oppression. If people want to believe in anti-science vaccine skepticism, its up to you to convince them of the truth, not to suppress the lies. Because inevitably, it will be the truth being suppressed.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Mar 19 2019 08:46pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Mar 19 2019 08:46pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Mar 19 2019 09:36pm)

Amazon doesn't care about you. They just want an excuse to take away your freedom. Are you really so naive as to not see the long term consequences of surrendering your right of choice?
Mar 19 2019 09:39pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 20 2019 01:45pm)
Same reason I'm okay with Qurans being printed.

Try imagining a world not from a lens of "Everyone else must think the same way I do" and "I'm okay with other people being wrong and maybe I'm wrong sometimes too"
Controlling what information others are allowed to see is just a desire to brainwash the public. It doesn't matter how right or wrong you are. Once you play arbiter with what ideas are forbidden, what policies cannot be discussed, what forms of expression cannot be tolerated- you bring about oppression. If people want to believe in anti-science vaccine skepticism, its up to you to convince them of the truth, not to suppress the lies. Because inevitably, it will be the truth being suppressed.

Meanwhile innocent kids are the ones suffering from the parents lack of cognitive ability.
Anti vaxxers and autism truthers are like flat earthers, actually debating them is pointless.
Quote (EndlessSky @ Mar 20 2019 01:46pm)
Amazon doesn't care about you. They just want an excuse to take away your freedom. Are you really so naive as to not see the long term consequences of surrendering your right of choice?

The right seem to backflip on this idea of a businesses right of refusal every week.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Mar 19 2019 09:40pm
Mar 19 2019 09:50pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Mar 19 2019 10:39pm)
The right seem to backflip on this idea of a businesses right of refusal every week.

No. The left conflates legality with morality because they have no moral principles, just moral relativism based on their desired result.
Mar 19 2019 09:51pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Mar 20 2019 02:50pm)
No. The left conflates legality with morality because they have no moral principles, just moral relativism based on their desired result.

No the right is literally like "We should be allowed to sell whatever we want to whoever we want, bakers should be able to refuse gays etc" then like "How dare amazon stop people selling dangerous books that can ruin the lives of autistic children?" Have your cake or eat it, stop flip flopping.
Mar 19 2019 09:55pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Mar 19 2019 10:51pm)
No the right is literally like "We should be allowed to sell whatever we want to whoever we want, bakers should be able to refuse gays etc" then like "How dare amazon stop people selling dangerous books that can ruin the lives of autistic children?" Have your cake or eat it, stop flip flopping.

Amazon counts as a monopoly force due to its large market share... when paypal or amazon close their doors, there is no room for competition so it is not the same regardless of how loudly you yell because you don't like evil conservatives.
Mar 19 2019 10:00pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Mar 20 2019 02:55pm)
Amazon counts as a monopoly force due to its large market share... when paypal or amazon close their doors, there is no room for competition so it is not the same regardless of how loudly you yell because you don't like evil conservatives.

I can walking into a hundred book stores right now and order any book i want.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16364656667124Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll