d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev16376386396406411177Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Nov 22 2023 02:11pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Nov 22 2023 03:47pm)
And you do what you do. Attack people when you run out of arguments^^

You never have any lol
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 22 2023 02:12pm
Quote (ferdia @ 22 Nov 2023 21:05)
my point is, remove Gaza from the equation entirely, look at the rest of Israel and then ask the same question re: apartheid.
what are you on about ? we dont get taught anything in school about Israel, other then from a historical context, which is very brief. Can you please stop deflecting. If you want to engage in the conversation stop making assumptions, stop lying, answer questions and debate in good faith.

They will carefully avoid the West Bank subject
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=102073482&f=119&p=654388859#p654388859
Or Gaza water poisonned for years (crime against humanity)

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Nov 22 2023 02:23pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Nov 22 2023 02:25pm
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 22 2023 02:05pm)
my point is, remove Gaza from the equation entirely, look at the rest of Israel and then ask the same question re: apartheid. i.e. The Palestinian Authority in the West Bank, Rights of Non-Jewish people outside of Gaza and any physical divide in Israel, social divide reinforced by laws should also be considered.

what are you on about ? we dont get taught anything in school about Israel, other then from a historical context, which is very brief. Not everything is about Israel ok. Can you please stop deflecting. If you want to engage in the conversation (with me) stop making assumptions, stop deflecting, stop lying, answer questions and debate in good faith. thanks.

How is that logical? gaza can be removed, but west bank cant? west bank also partially self governs. take out one, take out both.

the west bank is not a part of israel either. its partially under israeli occupation. thats an occupation i disagree with, but it doesnt represent apartheid. because if the occupation ended, as it should, the west bank would be entirely self governed, and all west bank citizens would not be subject to any rights at all in israel.
Gold: 580.00
Nov 22 2023 03:10pm
Quote (ferdia @ 22 Nov 2023 22:05)
my point is, remove Gaza from the equation entirely, look at the rest of Israel and then ask the same question re: apartheid. i.e. The Palestinian Authority in the West Bank, Rights of Non-Jewish people outside of Gaza and any physical divide in Israel, social divide reinforced by laws should also be considered.

what are you on about ? we dont get taught anything in school about Israel, other then from a historical context, which is very brief. Not everything is about Israel ok. Can you please stop deflecting. If you want to engage in the conversation (with me) stop making assumptions, stop deflecting, stop lying, answer questions and debate in good faith. thanks.

I ment that every country in history would never give up land just like that and Israel did it twice in 75 years.
Twice for peace once its worked.
Gold: 45,309.00
Nov 22 2023 03:17pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 22 2023 08:25pm)
How is that logical? gaza can be removed, but west bank cant? west bank also partially self governs. take out one, take out both.

the west bank is not a part of israel either. its partially under israeli occupation. thats an occupation i disagree with, but it doesnt represent apartheid. because if the occupation ended, as it should, the west bank would be entirely self governed, and all west bank citizens would not be subject to any rights at all in israel.

Ok you have said something here which is beginning to make sense to me. If you take out Gaza and the West Bank, then what else is left, Jerusalem? But is part of Jerusalem not also in the West Bank? If the argument is that Gaza (not a country) and the West Bank (not a country) are not part of Israel then afaik? the question of Apartheid is answered as no? on the basis that the rest of Israel is by and large, Jewish? right ? But the fact remains they are a part of Israel. Is Israel not increasing their settlements in the West Bank or is this a Myth ? what about Jerusalem does everyone live in peace and harmony there with 100% no issues with walls, segregation etc ?

TLDR: for the international community to say Israel (all of Israel that includes Gaza and the West Bank) is not an apartheid state then an argument would be, that Israel invade Gaza and the West Bank, remove all other authority, pacify any resistance, incorporate whoever is still alive into the Israeli state and then give equal rights to all = no more apartheid.

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 22 2023 03:25pm
Gold: 1,486.00
Nov 22 2023 03:23pm
Quote (ferdia @ 22 Nov 2023 18:17)
Ok you have said something here which is beginning to make sense to me. If you take out Gaza and the West Bank, then what else is left, Jerusalem? But is part of Jerusalem not also in the West Bank? If the argument is that Gaza (not a country) and the West Bank (not a country) are not part of Israel then afaik? the question o of Apartheid is answered as no? on the basis that the rest of Israel is by and large, Jewish? right ? But the fact remains they are a part of Israel.

the "rest" of Israel is Israel itself. Arabs have the same rights as jews on Israel territory.

West bank and Gaza are not part of Israel, so its obvious they will never have the same rights on Israel that israelis do.
Nov 22 2023 03:26pm
Quote (ReDN0sE @ Nov 22 2023 09:23pm)
the "rest" of Israel is Israel itself. Arabs have the same rights as jews on Israel territory.

West bank and Gaza are not part of Israel, so its obvious they will never have the same rights on Israel that israelis do.

But they are not countries. so what are they? The West Bank is "occupied" by Israel, and there are no indications that Israel is going to suddenly say sorry for invading, killing and stealing etc. rather, as I understand it, they are doubling down even as we speak curtailing movement etc in the West Bank, therefore its difficult to say, dont include the West Bank when considering the question of apartheid.

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 22 2023 03:31pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Nov 22 2023 03:29pm
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 22 2023 03:17pm)
Ok you have said something here which is beginning to make sense to me. If you take out Gaza and the West Bank, then what else is left, Jerusalem?

not just jerusalem, israel in it's entirety as a country. west jeruselum (the part of the city in the country of israel) is 48 square miles. israel minus west bank is like 7,000 square miles.

But is part of Jerusalem not also in the West Bank?

correct, east Jerusalem is in west bank. its basically east/west berlin at this point.

If the argument is that Gaza (not a country) and the West Bank (not a country) are not part of Israel then afaik?

correct, west bank = partially occupied territory. gaza pre10-7 = unoccupied semi-independent territory.

the question o of Apartheid is answered as no?

correct, just as america wasnt an apartheid state when it occupied Iraq or Afghanistan. occupation is bad, its not apartheid.

on the basis that the rest of Israel is by and large, Jewish? right ?

20% of israel's population is arab, with full rights. israel has arab politicians and even a supreme court judge

Is Israel not increasing their settlements in the West Bank or is this a Myth ? what about Jerusalem does everyone live in peace and harmony there with 100% no issues with walls, segregation etc ?

its not a myth, its bad, but it doesnt make israel an apartheid state. approx. 61% of the west bank is controlled by israel via physical occupation. settlements are the forced relocation of arabs in that area, predominately the border zone of east/west jeruselum, and it's an egregious and immoral practice that israel uses to expand the area of israel proper. its constantly shifting the border between israel and the west bank. generally city block by city clock.
Gold: 1,486.00
Nov 22 2023 03:31pm
Quote (ferdia @ 22 Nov 2023 18:26)
But they are not countries. so what are they?

they may not be recognized countries by international law, but they do have their own governement, dont they? I mean, why Israel have responsability for a place that have it own government? A place that the 'government' declared war against Israel and public promote the aniquilation of 9 million jews (and more all over the world). Its senseless.

Btw, a place that receives billions of dollars annualy by humanitarian aid that is almost exclusively used to make weapons to kill jews.

Quote (ferdia @ 22 Nov 2023 18:26)
The West Bank is "occupied" by Israel, and there are no indications that Israel is going to suddenly say sorry for invading, killing and stealing etc. rather, as I understand it, they are doubling down even as we speak curtailing movement etc in the West Bank, therefore its difficult to say, dont include the West Bank when considering the question of apartheid.

it is occupied since 1967 after a defensive war, when arabs tried to kill jews (again!). Mostly Israelis defends the exchange land for peace, tho, as they did with Egipt giving back all the Sinai lands.
If Israel leaves west bank and Gaza entirelly, will they have peace? The answer is NO! they did that on Gaza on 2005 and the result was Hamas being elected and all we're seeing now. There were polls that showed that West Bank arab population were happy with the terrorist attack on Oct 7 that killed thousand innoccent jews) - more than 70% of the west bank population entirelly aprovves that attack. So i'm asking you, if Israel leaves Gaza and west bank what will happen? The answer is very clear.

This post was edited by ReDN0sE on Nov 22 2023 03:39pm
Nov 22 2023 03:33pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 22 2023 09:29pm)
not just jerusalem, israel in it's entirety as a country. west jeruselum (the part of the city in the country of israel) is 48 square miles. israel minus west bank is like 7,000 square miles.

correct, east Jerusalem is in west bank. its basically east/west berlin at this point.

correct, west bank = partially occupied territory. gaza pre10-7 = unoccupied semi-independent territory.

correct, just as america wasnt an apartheid state when it occupied Iraq or Afghanistan. occupation is bad, its not apartheid.

20% of israel's population is arab, with full rights. israel has arab politicians and even a supreme court judge

its not a myth, its bad, but it doesnt make israel an apartheid state. approx. 61% of the west bank is controlled by israel via physical occupation. settlements are the forced relocation of arabs in that area, predominately the border zone of east/west jeruselum, and it's an egregious and immoral practice that israel uses to expand the area of israel proper. its constantly shifting the border between israel and the west bank. generally city block by city clock.

ok this was a good post thank you.

The West Bank is not a country. How long has it been occupied and is there any indication / narrative from Israel, that it will leave the West Bank (and pay reparations) ? if the answer is no then you have to consider that it is defacto controlled by Israel, ergo, a part of Israel, ergo anything that happens there falls under the umbrella of Israel, when view from the international stage. This does however explain why Israel is vehement about the notion that it is not an Apartheid state.

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 22 2023 03:48pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16376386396406411177Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll