d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev162636465661036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Apr 30 2020 07:33am
As Vox documents, Carroll is the 22nd woman to accuse Trump of sexual misconduct, ranging from unwanted kissing to groping to full-on sexual assault. Those women include makeup artist Jill Harth, Trump's ex-wife Ivana Trump, former model Kristin Anderson, businesswoman Lisa Boyne, former Miss Utah Temple Taggart, former Miss Vermont Teen USA Mariah Billado, Mar-a-Lago diner Cathy Heller, yoga instructor Karena Virginia, former Miss New Hampshire Bridget Sullivan, former Miss Arizona Tasha Dixon, People magazine reporter Natasha Stoynoff, Trump Tower receptionist Rachel Crooks, Mar-a-Lago visitor Mindy McGillivray, former Apprentice contestant Jennifer Murphy, adult film star Jessica Drake, former Miss Finland Ninni Laaksonen, former Apprentice contestant Summer Zervos, former Miss Washington Cassandra Searles, Trump 2016 campaign staffer Alva Johnson, former Fox News anchor Juliet Huddy, and businesswoman Jessica Leeds.

As for why Carroll waited so long to come forward, she wrote in New York: "Receiving death threats, being driven from my home, being dismissed, being dragged through the mud, and joining the 15 women who’ve come forward with credible stories about how the man grabbed, badgered, belittled, mauled, molested, and assaulted them, only to see the man turn it around, deny, threaten, and attack them, never sounded like much fun.”

During a court deposition, Ivana Trump—Donald's first wife and mother to Eric, Donald Jr. and Ivanka—accused the president of raping her in 1989. The private account was described in former Newsweek reporter Harry Hurt III's 1993 book, Lost Tycoon. It details the alleged "violent assault," in which Trump pulled out fistfuls of his ex-wife's hair after receiving a painful operation on his scalp.

"He jams his penis inside her for the first time in more than sixteen months," Hurt wrote. "Ivana is terrified.… According to versions she repeats to some of her closest confidants, 'he raped me.'"

Ivana walked back her allegations against Trump after his lawyers insisted she write the following statement at the beginning of her book, according to The New York Times: "During a deposition given by me in connection with my matrimonial case, I stated that my husband had raped me. I referred to this as a 'rape,' but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense."

A former Trump business associate, Jill Harth, claimed in a 1997 lawsuit the New York real estate mogul "attempted rape" and groped her without her consent on various occasions. In the suit, Harth described a violent encounter at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort, in which Trump allegedly threw her against the wall of one of his children's bedrooms before lifting up her dress.

An attorney for Republican presidential contender Donald Trump has apologised for making the incorrect assertion that “by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse.”

Keep it classy Trumpers.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 30 2020 07:35am
Gold: 57.00
Apr 30 2020 08:06am
Quote (Skinned @ 30 Apr 2020 09:22)
All those liberals in the American South lol.

It's amazing somebody who writes on a political forum daily has never heard of the Southern strategy. Stunning admission :P

Omar - (D-MN) not an American south state
Byrd - (D-WV) borderline American south state

try harder Duke and Byrd lover, heck if time machines existed you would probably be there cheering Byrd on during the filibuster of the civil rights act lmfao, pathetic..
Gold: 285.00
Apr 30 2020 08:08am
Quote (excellence @ Apr 30 2020 10:06am)

try harder Duke and Byrd lover, heck if time machines existed you would probably be there cheering Byrd on during the filibuster of the civil rights act lmfao, pathetic..

Great post friend!

Keep cheerleading!
Gold: 11,407.33
May 1 2020 12:43am

Biden has recently been quoted saying he thinks of himself as a 'transition' candidate.

He has already declared he will choose his VP based on gender instead of merit.

Biden is on a kamikaze mission to become president and will leverage the idea of a 'first female president' to help get him there.

Its an interesting tactic, but i can't say I approve.
I prefer someone with good principles and competence.
I hear I might have a good alternative on the ballot this year.
Gold: 10,485.00
May 2 2020 06:00pm

Gold: 14,569.69
May 2 2020 06:10pm
Quote (excellence @ Apr 30 2020 07:06am)

sorry D don't have 90% of all white nationalists at their gatherings.. They are usually smart enough not to yell at nurses to go back to china..
stop trying to deflect anti non white people onto the L, as it is clearly a conservative problem.
Gold: 4,404.67
May 3 2020 09:31am
Quote (thundercock @ 3 May 2020 02:40)

Biden isnt killing it, Biden is hiding in his basement while Trump is self-destructing. Yes, if the election was today, Biden would win with ease. Because the current, extraordinary situation has done everything to expose Trump's weaknesses and cover Biden's. Trump is at a low point right now, and Biden at a high point. (My base assumption is that 'less Joe Biden' is best for Biden's chances.)

None of this will persist though. Biden will have to come out of his basement at some point, he will have to participate in campaign events and presidential debates, he will have to present himself to the public. Having to actually campaign will be a negative for Biden, and a positive for Trump. Also, the longer the crisis goes on, the more the focus will shift from the health crisis toward the economic crisis, that is, from a topic where Dems hold an innate advantage to one where the public typically trusts Repubs more.
Gold: 12,730.67
May 3 2020 11:58am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ May 3 2020 08:31am)
Biden isnt killing it, Biden is hiding in his basement while Trump is self-destructing. Yes, if the election was today, Biden would win with ease. Because the current, extraordinary situation has done everything to expose Trump's weaknesses and cover Biden's. Trump is at a low point right now, and Biden at a high point. (My base assumption is that 'less Joe Biden' is best for Biden's chances.)

None of this will persist though. Biden will have to come out of his basement at some point, he will have to participate in campaign events and presidential debates, he will have to present himself to the public. Having to actually campaign will be a negative for Biden, and a positive for Trump. Also, the longer the crisis goes on, the more the focus will shift from the health crisis toward the economic crisis, that is, from a topic where Dems hold an innate advantage to one where the public typically trusts Repubs more.

As long as the Biden campaign is building up its data platform, getting donors in line, etc. he's fine. Trying to fight COVID-19 AND Trump for press coverage is a fool's errand and I think he knows that.

Do you honestly think the debate will be an issue for Biden? If he can handle Sanders, he can easily handle Trump. All those poor Sanders supporters thought that Sanders would expose Biden 1v1 but that didn't happen.

What makes you think the GOP has an advantage on the economy? Obama won twice when the economy was shit. It seems to be that whoever is in charge during the economic crisis ends up taking the blame.
Gold: 4,404.67
May 3 2020 12:33pm
Quote (thundercock @ 3 May 2020 19:58)
As long as the Biden campaign is building up its data platform, getting donors in line, etc. he's fine. Trying to fight COVID-19 AND Trump for press coverage is a fool's errand and I think he knows that.

Do you honestly think the debate will be an issue for Biden? If he can handle Sanders, he can easily handle Trump. All those poor Sanders supporters thought that Sanders would expose Biden 1v1 but that didn't happen.

What makes you think the GOP has an advantage on the economy? Obama won twice when the economy was shit. It seems to be that whoever is in charge during the economic crisis ends up taking the blame.

Oh, I totally agree that staying mia is the smart thing to do for Biden at this point in time. I just dont think that the current situation, and thus the polling that comes with it, can be extrapolated to November.

You're probably right about the debates in that I am underestimating Biden. My political bias probably makes me more inclined to buy into the "Biden is completely senile, trololol"-narrative than is justified. Ok, enough self-consciousness for today.
I still think that Sanders was too tame and timid during the debate. He didnt try to get under Biden's skin, he didnt really antagonize and press him during their debate. Trump will do all of that, and more. So yeah, I'm probably underestimating Biden, but he will still struggle more in a debate with Trump than he did in a debate with a resigned Bernie who already knew deep down that he had lost.

---

Obama was the greatest political talent in decades, he was a far better politician than either McCain or Romney.

In 2008, the Republicans had already held the WH for 8 years, and history shows that Americans tend to vote for a change of pace in such a situation. Furthermore, this previous GOP presidency was a disaster, from failed economic policies (remember how the economy cycle between the bursting of the dotcom bubble and the onset of the great recession was thoroughly mediocre), an unnecessary war which was a complete disaster on all fronts, over the botched response to hurricane katrina to the failed response to the ongoing economic crisis. Obama didnt need an advantage on the economy to win that race.

In 2012, the economy wasnt shit anymore, but not great either. Iirc, the economic fundamentals of the race pointed to a neutral environment. And Romney was not a great candidate, far worse than Obama. And his platform was out of step with where the base was. And incumbents usually win reelection. And despite al of that, Romney still got somewhat close. It was a winnable race for the GOP.

---

Regarding the GOP polling advantage on economic issues:
I've read this statement (Republicans consistently enjoying a polling advantage over Democrats on the economy) just a few days ago, but cant, for the life of me, find it in my browsing history.
However, some concrete polls supporting this point:

A year ago, the GOP held a 12 point edge on the economy:
https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/438482-gop-enjoys-12-point-advantage-on-handling-economy

And in 2011, they also did:
https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/archive/mood_of_america_archive/trust_on_issues/voters_trust_republicans_more_than_democrats_on_economy

You are, however, right in pointing out that voters might very well blame Trump/the GOP for the current economic crisis, no matter if it's their fault or not. So this usual advantage of the GOP on this issue might become moot.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev162636465661036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll