d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trump Shot At Rally In Pa
Prev1626364656685Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,164.69
Jul 15 2024 11:18am
Lets pull Hanlon's razor on this mess

The kid is 20 years old. Sure some 20 year olds are trained military snipers. This kid wasn't. Why was he trying something as direct and predictable as climbing the closest roof? Why was he using iron sights and exposed and forced to rush his shot? Why did he miss? Its all the same answer. And likewise, why did the USS somehow catastrophically fail and not only allow a sniper on the most obvious rooftop, but not even respond in time when he was exposed and vulnerable to countersnipers? Same reason, just less justified by age and inexperience

The kid fucked up because he's a fuckup kid. The secret service fucked up because of a deep vein of institutional incompetency, one shared by a lot of federal agencies right now.

When I took my vehicle into the dealer last, I knew about a small problem with something not working, and I made a note of it- but not to the mechanics. They had it listed on the checklist of stuff they check for routine maintenance. When I got it back, it wasn't fixed and the sheet had it checked off. When I called the dealer and explained 'how would I know if they did any of it', he said good point and profusely apologized. Its the secret service's job to secure all the roofs and perimeter and angles of attack. And 99.9999% of the time, there's no sniper there to threaten the VIP. So what happens the times that the rooftops aren't secured, that some agent just says they did their job while playing sudoku on their phone instead? If there were satisfactory safeguards and verification in place to ensure the USS was doing its job, this attack would never have happened, ergo something is very wrong with yet another three letter agency with unaccountable men in black suits
Gold: 14,655.00
Jul 15 2024 11:19am
Quote (Santara @ Jul 15 2024 01:12pm)

The main things are plain things and the plains things are the main things. Before going down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories, the likeliest answer is probably the right one, which is gross negligence on the part of secret service. If civilians can detect this 2 full minutes before and SS does nothing, it's a huge failure and right now several people in SS leadership should be fired immediately.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 15 2024 11:21am
Quote (Santara @ Jul 15 2024 10:12am)

Seems like a complete failure by Secret Service, no?
Gold: 22,164.69
Jul 15 2024 11:24am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 15 2024 12:19pm)
The main things are plain things and the plains things are the main things. Before going down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories, the likeliest answer is probably the right one, which is gross negligence on the part of secret service. If civilians can detect this 2 full minutes before and SS does nothing, it's a huge failure and right now several people in SS leadership should be fired immediately.

Not to mention, if it was some big conspiracy involving the secret service, don't you think the first thing they'd make sure of is that it looks like the secret service did everything right and still couldn't stop it? Figure out a clever means or at least nonobvious sniper? Its like the old trope of shooting a guard with a flesh wound to make it look like it wasn't an inside job. People don't come up with conspiracies that make themselves look like incompetent morons, they're just incompetent morons
Gold: 57.00
Jul 15 2024 11:29am
Quote (Santara @ 15 Jul 2024 13:12)

absolutely insane. failure at all levels from a security standpoint.

of course the ss is throwing local pd under the bus
Gold: 57.00
Jul 15 2024 11:32am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 15 Jul 2024 13:19)

Fired?!?! Try tarred and feathered right outside the city gates after a summary trial!
Gold: 5.77
Jul 15 2024 11:36am
Quote (Mondain @ Jul 15 2024 12:03pm)
You're going to try and spin it from the left wing media,
who promoted violence against trump for years,
who repeatedly made false reports on the Assassination Attempt on former President Trump,
who victim blamed trump.

I'm sorry but there is a reason this 'bullied' angle is not being pushed harder.
It creates sympathy and encourages violence by giving an excuse.

e- There is no excuse for committing Treason and a Terrorist act.
Let the professionals determine the motive.

Do not forget, the shooter is an Assassin.
Trump was injured, 2 men are hospitalized, 1 man is dead.
People were injured and killed.

Left wing media:

Jacobin
Truthout
Novara
CounterPunch

Liberal/Center-right Media:

CNN
MSNBC
Etc
Gold: 11.11
Jul 15 2024 11:58am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 15 2024 01:24pm)
Not to mention, if it was some big conspiracy involving the secret service, don't you think the first thing they'd make sure of is that it looks like the secret service did everything right and still couldn't stop it?

That's kinda how it went down though.
I mean the guy only missed cause he forgot to take into account the gravitational pull of the moon, otherwise it woulda been a clean kill with the secret service being in the exact same position that they are in now.

I'm not outright saying that anyone was in on this but the levels of incompetence we are talking about regarding the ss is simply mind boggling at this point. Believing that there's more to this story and that it's not all because of diversity hires is fairly reasonable imo.
Gold: 2,989.00
Jul 15 2024 12:15pm
Quote (Santara @ Jul 15 2024 01:12pm)

Jesus.
Good thing a nitwit climbed his way onto that roof instead of a half competent person, otherwise Trump wouldn’t have made it out alive. What a failure on security and police. I mean, how did he even make it around the rally grounds area with a rifle let alone climb up on top of a building with the rifle and then get a few shots off.
Gold: 751.50
Jul 15 2024 12:22pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 15 2024 01:28am)
Looking back through some of my bookmarks, I realized with shock and horror that what I wrote in the aftermath of Jan 6, a whopping three years ago, still fits to a T.:
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=84483633&f=119&p=566498567#p566498567

germany is trending that way as well

here the divide is between net tax contributors vs recipients

the recipient class wants to continue living at the expense of the working class, that is tired of paying insane taxes to finance that nonsense

thankfully they are handing out passports to illegal migrants like candy
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1626364656685Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll